thelufias

2024 May 12 08:16:47
 :mom4: To All The Moms

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Radkres

2024 May 06 06:11:19
is it getting any better?  :coffeemaker:

vash99

2024 May 05 10:56:57
i tried during the infusion it didnt help

Radkres

2024 May 05 02:50:17
Have You Tried a Warm Compress  to see if that helps?

vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

thelufias

2024 May 04 09:23:33
It's SATURDAY MORNING...Cartoon time with Marvin the Martian

thelufias

2024 May 04 08:24:32
I use to use Ice Packs to lesson the pain and swelling. Worked well.

vash99

2024 May 03 11:29:10
had chemo today this time the iv went into my hand so now my hand and arm hurts as a result of the chemo i can't wait till this is done

Fafnir

2024 May 03 06:33:28
 :c-cat:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Can We Keep Him? © Sydneykeys

TOTW

Soccertods Netherlands © Pommerlis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 100086
  • Total Topics: 12322
  • Online Today: 887
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: 2021 Coffee Shop and Gardens  (Read 176988 times)

Online parkdalegardener

• Root Master
  • Working It
Re: 2021 Coffee Shop and Gardens
« Reply #1600 on: March 30, 2021, 05:50:23 AM »
I'll grab a quick one on the flyby Fafnir. Then it's off to tame that damnable patio umbrella. I had to re-model the spreaders yesterday and now have to rig the damn thing again. Poser's scale is so tiny that a thou out in Blender magnifies horrendously. Problem is that I'm so anal about these things that I can't let it go. The thing isn't required to function. It's for a still image but in my mind it has to work. I dislike post work as normally I animate and frame by frame painting is just too tedious for an old guy with limited movement and bad eyes. Even though the ribs and spreaders are not really required and may not even be seen in most images, it will bother me forever if I don't finish it off. Combine that with my normal inclination to laziness and ennui and one can see the hurdles.
Illegitimus non carborundum
don't let the bastards grind you down

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #1601 on: March 30, 2021, 06:42:22 AM »
Good morning guys!
And good luck for your project PDG. Few weeks ago, I was looking for the scale in Poser, between that program and DS... and it seems it's a full mess to compare :hypno: All I have retained is the Poser feet aren't the same from a Poser version to another.
A little like Greeks had their foot, and Egyptian another...
Check FRM for great products

Offline Hipshot

• Heavy Metal
  • 1000 Grand Roller
  • Fire vun!!!
« Reply #1602 on: March 30, 2021, 12:26:40 PM »
I might get the umpth to try modeling.  One of these days.  But after listening to all that, I dunno!

Don't you just love those crazy calls warning of dire financial and personal disaster if you don't respond immediately?  :ifonly: Don't know how many times a warrant has been let for me.  Damn IRS, SocSec, et al. :thud: I attempted to speak to the caller - sounded suspiciously like he was from India - and the first thing they ask for is my name.  Don't they already have it?  Else why would they call? 

:lostme:

Hipshot

Right, 'ere we go.  Roll cross country and go through the ditch . . . fire main gun to look . . . Oooops.  Is it supposed to do that?

Online Dreamer

• Daydream Believer
  • Working It
  • Still Breathing
« Reply #1603 on: March 30, 2021, 01:19:14 PM »
I'll grab a quick one on the flyby Fafnir. Then it's off to tame that damnable patio umbrella. I had to re-model the spreaders yesterday and now have to rig the damn thing again. Poser's scale is so tiny that a thou out in Blender magnifies horrendously. Problem is that I'm so anal about these things that I can't let it go. The thing isn't required to function. It's for a still image but in my mind it has to work. I dislike post work as normally I animate and frame by frame painting is just too tedious for an old guy with limited movement and bad eyes. Even though the ribs and spreaders are not really required and may not even be seen in most images, it will bother me forever if I don't finish it off. Combine that with my normal inclination to laziness and ennui and one can see the hurdles.
That really sounds like me lol getting right down to the little details even if 99.9% of the time they wont be seen.
An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will
it's my keyboard that's dyslexic, not me!

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #1604 on: March 30, 2021, 01:21:18 PM »
Here, when you have a phone call with administrations (the true administrations), that you took an appointment on their internet sites or not, one of the first things they ask for is to confirm your name.
For one, with who I'm often with phone calls, they ask name, adress, and even aspecial number I have in their files. Then the talk can start.
Yet, it's very rare they phone themselves if you don't ask for.

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #1605 on: March 30, 2021, 01:24:06 PM »
That really sounds like me lol getting right down to the little details even if 99.9% of the time they wont be seen.
The problems stands in you, you know the details. And that turns in the background of your mind.

Online parkdalegardener

• Root Master
  • Working It
« Reply #1606 on: March 30, 2021, 01:29:49 PM »
I got a call from Chase Bank yesterday evening concerning my existing Visa card they say. Interesting for a guy that has no Visa card, let alone one issued from a bank that doesn't exist in his country. As I've stated previously; I virtually never get telemarketers, scam artists, and the like.

The modeling part is easy enough. I just wanted to set myself a rigging challenge that is beyond my skill level. Umbrellas are rather complex with seven articulated arms that have the same start and end points controlled by a single moving part, the bottom ring on the pole; but hinge from a common point at their terminus. The top ring. Poser;s native rigging isn't fond of that type of thing. It wants parent->child->grandchild and so on. Any child can have only one parent all along the chain from the end to the start which is "Hip" for Poser.

I am rigging seven children to the same parent, no problem; but they all have the same grandchild. Problem. I will probably cheat in the end. Run the rig from the bottom ring as "Hip" through one of the ribs (child) through corresponding springer (grandchild) to the top ring. The great grandchild. The rest of the ribs I'll slave as morphs so they follow along with the main movement of the bottom ring up and down.

If you look at the wip image I have on the right hand screen background you will see that there is a crank that operates the rise and fall of the brelly. Well maybe. The image is kinda small for my weak eyes to see it clearly. That crank will appear to operate the raise/lower function but is really another slaved morph. The handle just spins 15 degrees for every "inch" the bottom ring moves.

Like I said; a person really doesn't need the cage under the cloth. It doesn't make any difference as most umbrellas aren't viewed from below. Maybe for windblown scenes where the umbrella reverses, but this was really just made as scene filler for a backyard garden shot. Like I said; I'm anal about these things.

Online parkdalegardener

• Root Master
  • Working It
« Reply #1607 on: March 30, 2021, 01:32:34 PM »
Cross posting. Yeppers ladies. You are both correct. Nobody would know but me. And I would know.

Online Dreamer

• Daydream Believer
  • Working It
  • Still Breathing
« Reply #1608 on: March 30, 2021, 01:35:45 PM »
The problems stands in you, you know the details. And that turns in the background of your mind.
Hehe yep, hinges on the toilet seat, modeled in plug holes plus the pipe underneath, screw heads on the door handles and window catches..
An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will
it's my keyboard that's dyslexic, not me!

Online parkdalegardener

• Root Master
  • Working It
« Reply #1609 on: March 30, 2021, 01:40:14 PM »
Hehe yep, hinges on the toilet seat, modeled in plug holes plus the pipe underneath, screw heads on the door handles and window catches..
Damn straight.