thelufias

2024 May 12 08:16:47
 :mom4: To All The Moms

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Radkres

2024 May 06 06:11:19
is it getting any better?  :coffeemaker:

vash99

2024 May 05 10:56:57
i tried during the infusion it didnt help

Radkres

2024 May 05 02:50:17
Have You Tried a Warm Compress  to see if that helps?

vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

pic of baby owl © Fafnir

TOTW

What a brilliant idea, my friend! © Nemesis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ April
~Anything Goes~

1st Place:

Amour Florist and Gifts © Launok

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 100159
  • Total Topics: 12325
  • Online Today: 603
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: The Birth of Stormbringer!  (Read 45082 times)

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
Re: The Birth of Stormbringer!
« Reply #530 on: July 20, 2016, 04:03:44 PM »
Poser.exe is the executable file inside the program folder that opens it up and loads it.

NOT in any of the *EXTERNAL* runtimes.  Ever.  Not even once.   OH my GOD!  I don't even USE "Internal" Runtimes.  It does exist, but I do not populate it.  Poser creates and uses it for its own use as needed.  *I* don't use it.  I do not have the space to give over to that silliness!

Why would anyone who only uses Poser use a DAZ installer at all? It installs everything in a Content folder that sits in your runtime and your runtime can't see it even if you did install it there because Poser doesn't have a Content library folder.

OK, try to install and use any Gen 4 Figure from DAZ without it.  See Screencap.  Those are the Figure Updaters, those look for the name Poser.exe, they are the ONLY reason I put a Poser.exe in ANY EXTERNAL RUNTIME.   They are what I was calling "installers" in lump sum.   Another note;  I did say you CAN simply rename a text file to Poser.exe and use that.  I haven't done that, others who have been active in alt.binaries.3d.poser have said they do.  For me,  it is much easier to just copy/paste a regular Poser.exe that is less than 30 megs over.  I think the only externals that need it are the ones where the DAZ Gen 4 Figures are installed. 

We use zips. They unload to the right places in whatever 'runtime' we pick to load them into..unless they're packed for DAZ in that Content folder which has the Runtime folder inside of it. Then you still have to remove it from there and put them in the right places.

You did NOT always use ZIPS to install DAZ content Ray.   DAZ didn't even go all ZIP until sometime in 2014.   Some of the bitrock installers (EXE) I have are dated in 2015.

McG.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #531 on: July 20, 2016, 04:05:28 PM »
Creating ANY text file with a false .exe extension is a "Hack" that comes with it's share of troubles. I for one CAN NOT endorse such actions due to the possible harm that can result from it! It would be wise when discussing any kind of hack, to do it outside the public eye.

-Reader BEWARE!-
creating txt files with false extensions are methods used to create viruses! Do so at your own risk!

DUDE!  Thanks for your judgement call!  I do not endorse it.  I am saying that IS what some people DO.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #532 on: July 20, 2016, 04:28:33 PM »
If you're not advocating anyone use this method then don't post it in a public forum. Period.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #533 on: July 20, 2016, 04:32:49 PM »
Looks like you got something to beat on me about now Ray.

Enjoy it!

McG.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #534 on: July 20, 2016, 04:56:15 PM »
If you think I enjoy this, think again.

If you think I care if you complain about me or tell the world I'm a bitch, I don't care.

But don't leave this site open to creating problems for people who take your advice on anything. You had the nerve to label both me and dRaCX as 'disseminating FUD' and you're the one doing it. It's rather a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

There's a right way and a wrong way to do anything. I already told J why he couldn't  see V4 after he loaded it and I do believe I was correct and he fixed it already. So whatever you had to say after was redundant and a 'hack'.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #535 on: July 20, 2016, 05:54:54 PM »
Wow heaven forbid I take an evening off to read a new book.

Mercy ...

Nonetheless I did figure out how to get the legacy figures to show in the default runtime , which was the original reason of my whining.

That is after I got past the compatibility program install issue.

Got it to install to the defaults folders. Wasn't visible ... damn ... found that I could create a new folder within the default Poser 11 character runtime ... did so ... found the missing files in the UAC thing ... copied them and then pasted them in the folder I created and then refreshed the folder ... viola ... now they be accessible from the runtime tree.

Repeated for the needed folders in the pose folder and so forth .... and all is working as intended.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Fafnir

• Barmaid Wrangler
  • Staff
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #536 on: July 20, 2016, 07:02:41 PM »
glad you got things  fixed J  without  useing some  bad  advice  that  would  have  messed  Stormbringer  up  bad
i got  poser  10 working  just  fine  now  thanks  to  help  from dRaCX  who Does Know what  he  is  talking  about :Dragon: :java:

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #537 on: July 21, 2016, 08:11:32 AM »
New book?  cool!  I finished Ring World.  Now it simply begs picking up the rest of them!   Niven left off at an irritating spot.  Grrr!
McG.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #538 on: July 21, 2016, 08:13:32 AM »
I think there was a ton of Ring World inspired art that's come out the last 40 years.   And rip offs like HALO.   There we go, it's official now.  Do the honors J?

MCG.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #539 on: July 21, 2016, 09:30:37 AM »
 :drHiJack:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

participial