Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Fafnir

2024 Apr 22 05:20:09
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 20 10:45:19
i am it was chilly here to

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99615
  • Total Topics: 12310
  • Online Today: 646
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Headus UVLayout  (Read 5732 times)

Offline Glitterati3D

• Garden Gnome
Re: Headus UVLayout
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 02:00:51 PM »
See, that's the thing about it...I'm not sure what can be done in UVLayout to correct this because the problem isn't in the UV Map.

This is one of the reasons I only work with original content and avoid conforming articles for third party characters. I stopped any and all support for Daz items some time ago. Not a Daz fan....LOL

Well, those overall straps are simple rectangles in the UV map.  Pretty hard to screw up something that simple, yes?

I've known all along it was the original rigging....I was just told by the folks at Hivewire to "fix the uv map" to compensate for that lousy rigging. 

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • Working It
    • ShareCG
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 05:52:07 PM »
I've known all along it was the original rigging....I was just told by the folks at Hivewire to "fix the uv map" to compensate for that lousy rigging.

The folks at Hivewire aren't making all the much sense....why should you have to distort your UV map to compensate for their lack of quality meshes. Even if you narrow the splines in the problem areas, it will cause the default texture position to be distorted until you bend the mesh.

Would it be possible to post a screenshot of the joint parameters for the problem area? That could be most helpful.   

Offline Glitterati3D

• Garden Gnome
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 08:14:39 AM »
just a question ...

how bout reducing your mesh (in Zbrush) via zRemesher ? and yes laugh at me for using Hexagon lol and relaxing the Uv's ? I got some weird workflows

Sorry, don't use ZBrush, so I have no idea what you're talking about.........LOL!

ZBrush is waaaaaaaay outside my budget.

As far as Hexagon, there's nothing wrong with Hex as long as it runs well on your machine.  Until you get to UV maps.  Then, sorry, Hex sucks.  LOL!

I started modeling in Hexagon way back when, moved to Silo to get better UV maps, then export those maps to UVLayout for refinement.

Offline Glitterati3D

• Garden Gnome
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 08:23:15 AM »
The folks at Hivewire aren't making all the much sense....why should you have to distort your UV map to compensate for their lack of quality meshes. Even if you narrow the splines in the problem areas, it will cause the default texture position to be distorted until you bend the mesh.

Would it be possible to post a screenshot of the joint parameters for the problem area? That could be most helpful.

Here ya go........better yet, take a look at them yourself.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/1i4pv311k5jhpbd/Gi_LunaClothingBasics.zip?dl=0

Better than doing all those screenshots.

File is only for Poser as I don't use DS.  (And, yeah, the Tutu needs to be moved around a little to avoid the intersections, but I just didn't bother since I can't fix this problem.)

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • Working It
    • ShareCG
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 02:32:55 PM »
Ok "T", I think I've found the problem. There really isn't anything that can be done in UVLayout to fix it. The grouping is a bit messy and the joint parameters need to be fine tuned.

Give me a bit and I'll attempt to fix it. Just a bit slow these days....LOL Old age I suppose.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Glitterati3D

• Garden Gnome
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 02:54:21 PM »
Could be.....I only re-grouped and re-rigged it a thousand times trying to get it to behave.

Just fair warning......move those weight maps too much and the whole thing starts to collapse in very strange places.  Been there, done that....that's as clean as it gets and still functions.

And, here's the grouping.......well, the last grouping I tried.  Re-grouping, and getting creative with groups made an absolute bigger mess.  Grouped with Auto Group Editor, BTW

Ok "T", I think I've found the problem. There really isn't anything that can be done in UVLayout to fix it. The grouping is a bit messy and the joint parameters need to be fine tuned.

Give me a bit and I'll attempt to fix it. Just a bit slow these days....LOL Old age I suppose.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • Working It
    • ShareCG
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 05:57:08 PM »
Just fair warning......move those weight maps too much and the whole thing starts to collapse in very strange places.  Been there, done that....that's as clean as it gets and still functions.

Yeah, I see what you mean. My first attempts caused it to go all wonky and break apart.
:tearlaugh:

And to think they want 25 bucks for that character? NOT!!! I don't care for Hivewire's cobbled meshes. More of a headache than anything else.
 :thud:

Offline Glitterati3D

• Garden Gnome
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 08:22:37 AM »
Yeah, I see what you mean. My first attempts caused it to go all wonky and break apart.
:tearlaugh:

The problem is simple, actually.....there's not enough polygons in each of those 2 abdomen groups to get a valid weight map.  No room to transition....

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • Working It
    • ShareCG
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 11:54:01 PM »
The problem is simple, actually.....there's not enough polygons in each of those 2 abdomen groups to get a valid weight map.  No room to transition....

I'm inclined to agree with you. I don't see any way of fixing this, the character itself is just too poorly made. As seems to be the case with all their meshes. I'm trying to be nice and not hurt their feelings but, their characters suck from a modelers standpoint.

Offline Glitterati3D

• Garden Gnome
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 08:41:25 AM »
I'm inclined to agree with you. I don't see any way of fixing this, the character itself is just too poorly made. As seems to be the case with all their meshes. I'm trying to be nice and not hurt their feelings but, their characters suck from a modelers standpoint.

Well, that could be because they're all the same mesh.  Dawn, Dusk and Luna are all made from the same mesh.