Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Fafnir

2024 Apr 22 05:20:09
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 20 10:45:19
i am it was chilly here to

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99619
  • Total Topics: 12310
  • Online Today: 647
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: It's alive! (Poser 10)  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
It's alive! (Poser 10)
« on: November 06, 2019, 04:25:35 AM »
I have Poser 10 since a moment now, but since I had issues on my W8.1, I couldn't work with P10 even when I had fully reinstalled it.
But like I said in Poser 11 and lease , I wanted to find P10 back when I would have time. This morning was my luck, specially when opening Poser 11 with no internet connection, it was back to its stupidity explained in the other topic.
I was indeed on internet this morning, but for solutions for P10. To P11 I say :upurs: no, you won't go online.

So I looked, looked, looked. Had hopes, disappointing moments, lost some hair in the action :tearlaugh:
I firstly tried that Smith micro forum topic
Adding Adobe Air, removing preferences. No way to work.
Found several topics here and there saying "look on RDNA forum, there are full of topics". Forum is gone since years as we know :sigh:
Found that P10 didn't work with IE11 installed. Being with a W8.1, felt like cursed.
Saw than update 1 of P10 was saving from that issue... but I have currently the update 5 :whatthe:
Tried by opening the file in html (in IE) somewhere in "ui" folder which is in Poser folder. Obtain the same asking to get Flash; the second time I tried, obtained a complex error message.
I was on the point to stop my search, thinking my P10 wasn't able to work. Just decided to look the last topic I found: HELP cannot run poser ; that topic was the good!  :happydance:

All I had to do was to go in AppData/Roaming ... and find the Poser.ini file. Opening in Notepad, and made those changes:
LIB_POPUP_TIMEOUT 190
LIBRARY_IS_AIR 1
LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 1

In a previous topic I saw, somebody talked to change "library_is_air" indeed, but not from the others. And each time I tried that only change, P10 decided to be back to "0" in place of "1".

I didn't remember the library was so ugly to move inside but hey! To choose between a Poser 10 working without asking stupidly to go on web, and a Poser 11 asking always for web (and I can't to go on each time), my choice is done.
Long live Poser 10!
Check FRM for great products

Offline Wizzard

• Wizard of Odd
  • Working It
  • Lurker in the dark, with a torch.
Re: It's alive! (Poser 10)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 09:21:47 AM »
COnsidering I "never" go online whilst using Poser, it's a good thing I stayed with P10 .I still have my Poser 4 disc (somewhere).
FIrefly is good for interior scenes, Superfly for outdoor scenes where shadows are important.  Just figured that out doing a render for Scouse.
Progress can be good but internet invasion always bytes.   Who came up with online libraries? *sigh*
Cheers and good to "see" ye love.

Hey Don't be mean, remember.. no matter where you
go,
There you are.
Buckaroo Banzai

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 05:02:10 PM »
It's like I said before Aelin....it's like the blind leading the lost  over there and everything ends up in a never ending circle of misinformation....

Offline Summoner

• Sponsors
  • Garden Gnome
    • Freedom Of Art
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 07:50:36 AM »
Sure all of this is not a Fair situation for all Poser Fans that already collect and Use Poser over Decades !! I just Passed a fight in the Bondware forums about there Issues ( Ok I got a Ban for it ) but after a Nasty escalation I got my Account back after 4 Day's ---->> Who would want to have a Meuterer .... so guess they thought to avoid it ...

There are way's to Have Poser 11.1 running without any call home and if you have a Legal Licence even using that one in just a few steps ... So My thought I could make a start to help get it running the ones who get it to run then can help others , this would build up an untouchable system and a Working Poser without a call home and with a Legal Licence .

Poser 11.2 could also Profit of such a Activation but it is not worth it as after they made the changes there are allot of features Missing , Pytons that do not work etc. A Slow down due the direct connection with Renderosity Store and Crashes caused due the Version Nr Shortcut so you are way better off with the 11.1 Version from SM you originally got .

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 01:16:02 PM »
That's probably interesting for people who haven't yet installed P11.2 :yes: . Alas I did, and I don't think I would be able to remove everything from the system (like even with an uninstaller sometimes there are surprises).

But sure I'm not hurried to take their Poser 11.3 if it's still free. Except if they stop the so often calls when we are out of web.

Years ago, I wasn't banish for another different topic (not on Poser), but I guess I passed not so far away :tearlaugh: I hope they were enough shaked by you to think right on the way they'll take in the future for the program.

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 07:24:57 PM »
I've downloaded the 11.2 items but never installed any of it.  Still using Poser Pro 11.1.....No need to change till the bugs are gone.....

Offline dhawk948

• Just In
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2021, 12:23:14 PM »
I see that no one has posted here in more than a year, but I'm desperate enough to take a chance. I have Poser 10 and, of course, I've lost the library. I found the "cure" and followed all the instructions. But now [thank you Renderosity...not!], Poser 10 doesn't even open. I own Poser 11, but cannot stand it. The people at Renderosity won't respond to me because of a dispute over Poser 11 [a long, long story]. Hence, I have Poser 10 and 15 years' worth of content that is unusable. Is there any fix for Poser 10 or am I simply SOL?

Doug Hawk

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2021, 02:27:13 PM »
Hi Doug!
Alas, I can't answer myself to your question. For my part, Poser 10 was already on my comp when Rendo bought Poser to Smith Micro. But I'm going to post the link to your question in the Coffee Shop, to improve its visibility.

Concerning the dispute, I think it's something usual for big stores alas :whatthe:

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Attic Icon
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2021, 04:51:12 PM »
Not sure but this might give you an idea about that Runtime
How to fix your Runtime now that Adobe Flash has reached end of life
Jan 20, 2021 at 10:00 am by Michelle Willard
https://www.posersoftware.com/article/499/how-to-fix-your-runtime-now-that-adobe-flash-has-reached-end-of-life

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2021, 05:09:57 PM »
I also found these since it seems that your Poser is not opening in order to use your products:

Poser 10 suddenly stopped working

I also found this....Poser Suddenly Stopped Working

participial