vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

thelufias

2024 May 04 09:23:33
It's SATURDAY MORNING...Cartoon time with Marvin the Martian

thelufias

2024 May 04 08:24:32
I use to use Ice Packs to lesson the pain and swelling. Worked well.

vash99

2024 May 03 11:29:10
had chemo today this time the iv went into my hand so now my hand and arm hurts as a result of the chemo i can't wait till this is done

Fafnir

2024 May 03 06:33:28
 :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 May 02 09:17:51
It's a Rainy May Day in May..A good day for :java:

thelufias

2024 May 01 07:22:42
Another day...Another coffee :java: Ahhhhh

thelufias

2024 Apr 29 02:19:21
I thought I said good morning to you earlier on Milos..If not..GOOD MORNING

MilosGulan

2024 Apr 28 10:17:44
Good morning  :hug:

thelufias

2024 Apr 28 08:17:31
Good Sunday Morning to all...

thelufias

2024 Apr 27 07:09:58
It's SATURDAY MORNING....Cartoon Time starring Tom and Jerry

vash99

2024 Apr 26 09:59:00
yep it all starts again next friday

thelufias

2024 Apr 26 08:31:42
A Pill Vacation....Very cool...

vash99

2024 Apr 25 08:45:41
so after friday i can take a week off from the chemo pills until next friday

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 25 02:39:04
 :MARILY:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Dragon Dreams © RainbowGypsy

TOTW

Mouse Police Dark Sci Fi © Noshoba

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99770
  • Total Topics: 12313
  • Online Today: 953
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Pyramids in Bosnia  (Read 137 times)

Online MilosGulan

• GameRanger
  • Working It
Pyramids in Bosnia
« on: October 07, 2021, 04:48:42 AM »
First time I saw this 10+ years ago I was thinking that it was just a magnet for tourists. now I have checked and saw some interesting things and just maybe after seeing some Chinese Pyramids (hill like structures) there just might be something there... Here is few videos I have watched yesterday about it, it still is a lot strange but also interesting...

:lostme:
Dreams don't work unless You do...

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
Re: Pyramids in Bosnia
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 02:04:10 PM »
So far, I had just the time to look few by few the first video.
And I'm not really convinced by what he said. In addition, I'm a little surprised by the words said by Schoch - if it's true.
I found that quote from Schoch, somewhere around 2011 if I'm correct about the date:
“The supposed pyramids formed the stuff of heated debate at other websites (most notably, perhaps, that of the Archaeological Institute of America, chat-rooms, and blogs across the Internet.”

“Were they really man-made pyramids, perhaps dating back thousands of years? (Some advocates placed them as much as 12,000 or 14,000 years in the past.) Now covered with soil, trees, and other vegetation, Bosnian pyramid buffs argued that the “pyramids” needed to be excavated to reveal their glory and prove that Bosnia, of all places, was the virtual origin of, well not just pyramids, but perhaps even civilization.”

“Having more than a casual interest in ancient pyramids (after all, I am the author of two books focusing on pyramids: Voyages of the Pyramid Builders, and Pyramid Quest), I wanted to see first-hand what all the pyramid fuss in Bosnia was about. If there really was a huge pyramid, larger than the Great Pyramid of Egypt, in Bosnia, then I wanted the opportunity to study it. On the other hand, if there were no pyramids in Bosnia, that would be important to know too.”

“Osmanagic and I were apparently seeing different things, perhaps viewing an entirely different world. Where he saw concrete blocks and human intervention, I saw only perfectly natural sandstones and conglomerates that had broken into larger or smaller blocks due both to tectonic stresses and gravity slumping. For a week and a half this seemed to be the dominant theme: Osmanagic and others who worked with and for him insisting that this or that feature can never occur in nature, and thus must be artificial and human-made, versus me finding a perfectly reasonable geological explanation for each of the same features.”

“The geology around Visoko is incredibly rich, and I suggested to Osmanagic that, in lieu of “pyramids,” he might redefine his “Archaeological Park” as a “Geological-Archaeological Park” and focus more on the geology. Visocica Hill (the one dubbed “Pyramid of the Sun”) and Pljesevica Hill (“Pyramid of the Moon”) are composed of layers of sandstone, clay, mudstone, siltstone, and conglomerates apparently deposited in an ancient lake and river system during Miocene times (about 5.3 to 23 million years ago). The rocks have been tilted and bent due to tectonic stresses. The tectonic forces plastically deformed the clays and mudstones, but the sandstones and conglomerates broke into semi-regularly shaped pieces that Osmanagic and his team have excavated in numerous places, interpreting them as “pavements,” “terraces,” “concrete blocks,” “foundation stones,” and so forth. Interestingly, and tellingly, the sizes of the sandstone and conglomerate blocks found are a function of the thickness of the original rock layers. Thin sandstone layers, stressed tectonically, broke into small blocks while thick and durable conglomerate layers broke into massive blocks. This is exactly the pattern expected among natural rock formations. The sandstones also typically preserve various sedimentary and depositional features, such as ripple marks and the traces of ancient burrowing animals. These same rocks are also rich in paleontology. In some of the sandstone layers, and in many of the mudstone layers, I found large accumulations of fossil leaf debris and even some fairly complete Miocene fossil leaves. I believe that the real treasure of Visoko may be a huge fossil biota just waiting to be uncovered, not some imaginary pyramids.”

“I continued to hope against hope that I could find some “truth” underlying the “pyramid mania” that has gripped the region. One last possibility might be the evidence of the reputed tunnels found in the area that supposedly connect one pyramid to another. We had the opportunity to explore one tunnel that is currently open; to put it mildly, I was disappointed with what I saw.”

“The much-touted “ancient inscriptions” seem not to be ancient at all. I was told by a reliable source that the inscriptions were not there when members of the “pyramid team” initially entered the tunnels less than two years ago. The “ancient inscriptions” had been added since, perhaps non-maliciously, or perhaps as a downright hoax.”

“So, no pyramids, but there are many fascinating and genuine archaeological wonders in Bosnia. On the summit of Visocica Hill, which overlooks Visoko, are the remains of a medieval fort built on top of Roman ruins, and there is also evidence of Neolithic occupation of the hill, dating back perhaps 5,000 years.”

“Despite my failure to validate the Bosnian pyramid dreams, Bosnia is a beautiful country with amazing scenery and a rich history. The people are extremely friendly and hospitable, and Bosnia exhibits a wonderful mixture of Western (Austro-Hungarian) and Eastern (Turkish and Islamic) traditions. Even in the absence of pyramids, it is certainly a country worth visiting.”
He doesn't close totally the door, and doesn't be as hard in words than what was said in video.

I still have to look the rest of videos.
Check FRM for great products

Online MilosGulan

• GameRanger
  • Working It
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 03:55:02 PM »
It seems he found something, and there might be just what he says... I thought it was a joke but he seems to be serious in his search and he claims there is lot of other piramids in the world too like in China and USA and other places like world was connected. He claims that they were built before and that all this history might be untrue especially about Egypt... Now there is something to it... Here is one video with his lecture I am right now watching it and it is in my language, and second video at the end You can see recent escavation... it looks like there is actualy a lot there :) ... I will have to watch lecture and then I will say more, but from the start he is talking about some god kings that lived for 30000 years, then semi gods kings that lived 1000 years and lastly egiptian son of gods... here it is lol I hope it is not too much ...  :lostme: :lostme:

Online MilosGulan

• GameRanger
  • Working It
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 11:51:58 AM »
And latest update on the subject with new findings and few more recent videos where it can be seen how it looks like :lostme:   :lostme:   :lostme:

participial