thelufias

2024 May 12 08:16:47
 :mom4: To All The Moms

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Radkres

2024 May 06 06:11:19
is it getting any better?  :coffeemaker:

vash99

2024 May 05 10:56:57
i tried during the infusion it didnt help

Radkres

2024 May 05 02:50:17
Have You Tried a Warm Compress  to see if that helps?

vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

thelufias

2024 May 04 09:23:33
It's SATURDAY MORNING...Cartoon time with Marvin the Martian

thelufias

2024 May 04 08:24:32
I use to use Ice Packs to lesson the pain and swelling. Worked well.

vash99

2024 May 03 11:29:10
had chemo today this time the iv went into my hand so now my hand and arm hurts as a result of the chemo i can't wait till this is done

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

pic of baby owl © Fafnir

TOTW

What a brilliant idea, my friend! © Nemesis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ April
~Anything Goes~

1st Place:

Amour Florist and Gifts © Launok

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 100115
  • Total Topics: 12324
  • Online Today: 872
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Headus UVLayout  (Read 5758 times)

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • Working It
    • ShareCG
Headus UVLayout
« on: June 30, 2015, 07:55:19 PM »
Here I'll put a few tuts using Headus UVLayout, I'm using a 2012 Pro version, but the functions are the same in the two versions after that.

Offline Glitterati3D

• Garden Gnome
Re: Headus UVLayout
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 08:41:49 PM »
Oh, that would be wonderful!

I use UVL, but sometimes I wonder if I'm using it efficiently.

I also have a UV map issue I wonder if you'd like to offer some advice on?  I have a garment I created that has some stretching I would like to address with the UV map and I have no idea how.

I've spent a small fortune on tools/tutorials on how to create a GOOD UV map and don't know how to mess one up on purpose.  :-)

I'll post specifics if you don't mind turning the issue into a mini tutorial for all of us?

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • Working It
    • ShareCG
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 10:09:16 PM »

I'll post specifics if you don't mind turning the issue into a mini tutorial for all of us?

You are more than welcome to do so. More often than not, the best tuts are the ones dealing with issues of the day. People at least read those...LOL

Offline Glitterati3D

• Garden Gnome
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 08:44:34 AM »
OK, here goes.......

No knock on Luna, or HW or anything....just trying to learn how to do something and this is a perfect example of that "something."

Luna's abdomen bends are horrible in clothing.  I've tried every rigging, morphing, JCMing trick I know and can't solve this issue to my satisfaction.  I'm left with trying to make some acceptable corrections using the UV map.

So, in the image below you can see what these bends do after playing with the weight maps as much as they can be played with.  Next, I'll post the garment after I did some morphing to it.  (I don't know how to post 2 images in the same thread)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Glitterati3D

• Garden Gnome
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 08:47:42 AM »
And, the garment after morphing it into something resembling "normal" but additional morphs simply means the garment starts to break apart.

I spoke with the folks at HW and their suggestion was to add some geometry to the Onesie to help with the bending.  Did that, re-rigged, re-morphed.....and this image is the result.  Still unacceptable.

Offline Glitterati3D

• Garden Gnome
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 08:50:44 AM »
And, so you can see, this is a reduced copy of the UV map (default is 2048x2048) as I laid it out in UVLayout.

I have no idea how or what to adjust for corrections..........

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • Working It
    • ShareCG
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 10:45:53 AM »
There's really not much you can do in the UV Map to fix this, your map is pretty clean.

I will crack on HW however and  I'm not alone in my opinion of them. Their Character meshes are cobbled together and the rigs are horrible!

Most people resolve this issue by tweaking the joint parameters, adding joint caps, or using clothing items that cover up the problem areas. The problem with bumping up the geometry is that sooner or later in order to fix the stretching you'll end up with a clothing article that is almost heavier than the character mesh.

I'll address this topic more a bit later. The grandkids are driving me insane at the moment. If anyone tells you that that's not possible, don't believe them! I'm normally sane....hmmm...well, for the most part anyways.

:tearlaugh:

Offline Glitterati3D

• Garden Gnome
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 11:39:08 AM »
There's really not much you can do in the UV Map to fix this, your map is pretty clean.

I will crack on HW however and  I'm not alone in my opinion of them. Their Character meshes are cobbled together and the rigs are horrible!

Most people resolve this issue by tweaking the joint parameters, adding joint caps, or using clothing items that cover up the problem areas. The problem with bumping up the geometry is that sooner or later in order to fix the stretching you'll end up with a clothing article that is almost heavier than the character mesh.

I'll address this topic more a bit later. The grandkids are driving me insane at the moment. If anyone tells you that that's not possible, don't believe them! I'm normally sane....hmmm...well, for the most part anyways.

:tearlaugh:

LOL on the sanity.....

I'll agree with you on the HW figures, with one qualifier - their Poser rigging is awful.  I have no idea what DS rigging looks like because I can't use DS4. 

But, quite frankly, I will just stop creating for HW figures until/unless they put a Poser rigger on staff.  This "rig in DS and convert to Poser" game they play just doesn't work. 

If HW is going to survive as a viable entity, it will be Poser users who make that happen.  DS users are too few and far between to make their figures a viable commercial venture.  Short changing Poser users with inferior rigging just means a slow demise.

As it is, they can't get Poser folks to work with their figures because of this kind of issue.  I've got tons of Luna stuff done, but I can't release it because this happens on the abdomen bends on all of them.  I can't compensate for poorly rigged figures.

Offline Glitterati3D

• Garden Gnome
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 12:26:18 PM »
Another example......note the stitching on the overall straps.

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • Working It
    • ShareCG
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 01:01:19 PM »
See, that's the thing about it...I'm not sure what can be done in UVLayout to correct this because the problem isn't in the UV Map.

This is one of the reasons I only work with original content and avoid conforming articles for third party characters. I stopped any and all support for Daz items some time ago. Not a Daz fan....LOL

participial