thelufias

2024 May 12 08:16:47
 :mom4: To All The Moms

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Radkres

2024 May 06 06:11:19
is it getting any better?  :coffeemaker:

vash99

2024 May 05 10:56:57
i tried during the infusion it didnt help

Radkres

2024 May 05 02:50:17
Have You Tried a Warm Compress  to see if that helps?

vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

thelufias

2024 May 04 09:23:33
It's SATURDAY MORNING...Cartoon time with Marvin the Martian

thelufias

2024 May 04 08:24:32
I use to use Ice Packs to lesson the pain and swelling. Worked well.

vash99

2024 May 03 11:29:10
had chemo today this time the iv went into my hand so now my hand and arm hurts as a result of the chemo i can't wait till this is done

Fafnir

2024 May 03 06:33:28
 :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 May 02 09:17:51
It's a Rainy May Day in May..A good day for :java:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Can We Keep Him? © Sydneykeys

TOTW

Soccertods Netherlands © Pommerlis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 100010
  • Total Topics: 12320
  • Online Today: 1266
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: McG's Place  (Read 15519 times)

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
McG's Place
« on: June 02, 2020, 02:11:58 AM »
I will want very much to install my Win 7 Pro x64 on it.   The machine will be RYZEN 7 CPU based, with a Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI (rev. 1.0), and 32 gigs ofHyperX Fury 32GB 2666MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM.

I already have and plan to use a handful of SSD's from 460gb to 2 TB, an aging old warhorse video card, a BFG 8800GTX OC 768 meg card, and a 750W power supply.  Then the assortment of USB peripherals.    Will use the current ATX mid tower case.   I have an old HP laptop and three tablets for just in case it won't run, for some reason.  My research tells me this should work fine.   Time Will Tell, as the addage goes!  :)

Anyone got any ideas about the 'Main 3' I've ordered to build on?

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
Re: New Rig coming up!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 07:22:33 AM »
the new June 2020 computer build.   My 66th Birthday Present (to self).

Cash is limited, so will do the Johnny Cash "One Piece At A Time" Cadillac thing.  Kind of.

I have an ATX Tower case or two, old but serviceable.   
1 750W ATX power supply
1 BFG 8800GTX PCIe video card
5 or 6 2.5" internal SSD's
1 Pioneer BDR 209M SATA internal BluRay rewriter
2 Acer LED backlight LCD monitors, 1 S240HL and 1 S230HL
several MS Intellimouse Optical USB's
a dozen USB wired keyboards, a couple wireless USB keyboards.
5 various WACOM pen tablets, on is a 8x6" Intuos 3, one is a 8x6" Graphire 3, one a 8x6" Graphire 4, one a bamboo Touch, one an old Graphire 5x3"

Basically, I plan to simply shut it down, lay on  its side, remove the old Motherboard, CPU and RAM, then install a new Motherboard, CPU and RAM.  Experience tells me this will be at least a day job.  I want to be very careful and get these things installed with no damage.   It's always nice when a machine starts up and RUNS the first time.   But there are no guarantees that's going to happen.  So, careful it is, as always.   I'm a pensioner, a disabled ol git, I just cannot afford to be wasteful!

Ordered/bought items that have not arrived yet:

Walmart.com-1st order
1 new WD 3D NAND 2TB internal SATA SSD - more storage
1 new 2.5 gallon wet/dry shop vac and mini attachment kit for electronics

Walmart.com- 2nd order
1 AMD RYZEN 7 3700X socket AM4 CPU with Wraith Prism fan kit - Due tomorrow June 4
1 HyperX Fury 32GB 2666MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM (Kit of 2)  - Due Monday or Tuesday, June 8 or 9
1 Gigabyte
AMD X570 AORUS Elite WiFi Motherboard (GA-X570AORUSELITEWIFI) Due June 15

the RYZEN CPU is a Matisse core, 7nm process, 65 Watt device with 8 physical cores and 16 hyperthreads.   Sounds impressive! 

The only thing that bothers me is I MIGHT have to install Win 10 on it.   I won't much like that at all.

McG. 

Offline MilosGulan

• GameRanger
  • Working It
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 08:55:20 AM »
Happy Birthday and good luck with all that :). I don't know I like Win7 but lately been working with Win10 on my new lap top so I got used to it too. Right now I am defragmenting my disks after some file transfers (cleaning up videos, and moving them on other External HDs, now it seems i have about 500GB free on all 3 I have). :woohoo: For now I am saving for this year PC+ membership and probably after that will think of next desktop computer or something else (that is a car as both mom and I have problems moving and we still need to work and move from flat to house). This new laptop I am using now works great for more then year and I am just so happy as that means I can safely buy desktop let me check what they have... Ok here is only one with Nvidia Graphics but doesn't look good https://www.pc-gamer.me/shop_55941.html and better option without Nvidia graphics which I should add but it is HP and with monitor, which I might het as soon as I can :iminnocent: https://www.pc-gamer.me/shop_55534.html
I think I should wait a bit more to get a good desktop  :whatthe: :dancingknight: :havesum:
Dreams don't work unless You do...

Offline MilosGulan

• GameRanger
  • Working It
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 09:26:44 AM »
Sorry for double post, here is one used lap top that I could get for 600e with i7 and 32gb ram, it is 15 version. Here it says that it might do good with graphical apps and it might be better option then desktop
Dreams don't work unless You do...

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 10:30:59 AM »
Milos, I like the look of that HP ZBook!

I have to concentrate on my desktop though.   I have been reading through the Support area on Gigabyte.com for this new motherboard, and the important drivers, the little ones that run the chipset, CPU and all the onboard functions...are listed for Win 10 only.   Sigh. 

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 10:40:36 AM »
well at least I can get a new Windows 10 PRO (32 and 64 bit versions) for $199.99 at the M$ store.
Same place I bought my Win 7 Pro (32 and 64 bit versions).  They let me dl both versions as ISO files, I burned those and booted them.  Easy job that one.   They say this purchase will come with a USB3.0 media.  Right.  OK.  Spread a little more info on that toast ok?

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 12:45:41 PM »
You DO KNOW that you can't open any presents until your Birthday actually gets here....right   :iminnocent:

But....July 1st isn't that far away...unless you have presents already there that need to be opened or used....which makes for a long wait....though it isn't......somewhat.....

Confused yet?  If so....I've done my job.....If not.....I've got more to deep thoughts to share.... :java:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 08:08:28 PM »
I'll wait if I have to, like there's a choice?   Hmm...too deep!    :coffeemaker:
Only damper I see looming over my virtual birthday cake is (shudder) having to put W10 on it just to USE it.  :o(

But I *AM* pretty antsy, like a little kid watching the post for that New TOY he *KNOWS* is coming, just for him!   Outside, I reckon I"m putting on the good show...inside I AM all happy and eager and anticipating and happy!   LOL!   :woohoo: :coffeemaker:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2020, 10:19:40 PM »

:kitty:
Latest email update from Walmart.com is everything BUT the motherboard has now shipped, and is on the way.   

If something happens bad with the motherboard, I just might cry... :sad:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2020, 09:52:22 AM »
Not a lot going on in here, so I will indulge in a blow by blow Parts & Build!   :woohoo:

My delicious AMD socket AM4 RYZEN 7 - 3700X + Wraith Prism Fan BOX set is in town and Out For Delivery by FEDEX!  It will be in my grubby old hands today.  YEAS! 

Oh I just noted my Gigabyte AMD socket AM4 X570 AORUS Elite Wifi motherboard is now saying that delivery is slated to be on June 10 (they are shipping on June 8).

32gb HyperX FURY 2666MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM (Kit of 2 16gb) Black is "On its way" via FEDEX.

Ordered the day before, a 2TB WD Blue 3D NAND SATA6 SSD is "On its way via USPS" due Monday.

2nd item from that order, a Armor All 2.5 gal Wet/Dry Vacuum is also "Out for delivery by FEDEX".

So I get two of the 5 highly anticipated items today.   Yawsuh!    Then two more Monday and Tuesday!

And then the last one on Wednesday!   So by this time next week, I should have some Vroom vroom on the desk.   Not the current "wheeze cough spit sputter rattle rattle rattle wheeze" the valiant old warhorse is giving me just to my right elbow.   Yes.  We ALL get old.  Even computers!
 :havesum:

participial