thelufias

2024 May 12 08:16:47
 :mom4: To All The Moms

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Radkres

2024 May 06 06:11:19
is it getting any better?  :coffeemaker:

vash99

2024 May 05 10:56:57
i tried during the infusion it didnt help

Radkres

2024 May 05 02:50:17
Have You Tried a Warm Compress  to see if that helps?

vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

thelufias

2024 May 04 09:23:33
It's SATURDAY MORNING...Cartoon time with Marvin the Martian

thelufias

2024 May 04 08:24:32
I use to use Ice Packs to lesson the pain and swelling. Worked well.

vash99

2024 May 03 11:29:10
had chemo today this time the iv went into my hand so now my hand and arm hurts as a result of the chemo i can't wait till this is done

Fafnir

2024 May 03 06:33:28
 :c-cat:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Can We Keep Him? © Sydneykeys

TOTW

Soccertods Netherlands © Pommerlis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 100022
  • Total Topics: 12320
  • Online Today: 1083
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Poll

You have TWO VOTES each

Money pit
4 (12.5%)
Electronic Girl friend
0 (0%)
The other Wife
0 (0%)
Arty Machine
0 (0%)
External Mind
1 (3.1%)
Silicon Soul
2 (6.3%)
Lone Star
0 (0%)
Negima
0 (0%)
Alita
2 (6.3%)
Ayumu
0 (0%)
The Unholy Rysen
3 (9.4%)
Bad Moon Rising
1 (3.1%)
Mainsail
1 (3.1%)
GeeMcG
1 (3.1%)
The Flash
1 (3.1%)
Electric Light PC
0 (0%)
McG_String
1 (3.1%)
Sir Ramsalot
2 (6.3%)
Chuckles ( the sound you make the first time you power up and it works)
2 (6.3%)
Bad Moon RYZEN
6 (18.8%)
Rysen Mitten
0 (0%)
Knight of the Rysen
0 (0%)
Sir Rysen
0 (0%)
Good Ole Wondermachine
0 (0%)
SOHCAHTOA (trig mnemonic device)
0 (0%)
Faiau~ōru (Japanese for Firewall)
0 (0%)
Damn Thing
3 (9.4%)
Speedy Gonzales
0 (0%)
Hailey (Hals Sister)
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Voting Time~A Name for McG's New Puter  (Read 5173 times)

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
Re: Voting Time~A Name for McG's New Puter
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2022, 11:59:59 AM »
McG, how is Mogwai doing now. I'm betting he is still missing Tattoo. I'm sure you are missing him too. We never forget any of our beloved pets after they are gone. They have a part in shaping who we ourselves are.
I have had three solid black male cats in my life, all named Sylvester (after one of my favorite cartoon characters), and each of them had their own personalities. Sylvester the first was the one that had the best memory.
He stayed in Abbeville S.C. (my hometown) when I moved to Georgia for the first time. I was gone for more than a year. When I returned to Abbeville, my family had moved across town, and I moved back in with them. I went to work at the Abbeville County Memorial Hospital. Three months later, my family move to Georgia, and left me the house. Walking to the store took me past several alley cat hangouts.
One day I returned home from the grocery store, and was putting my groceries away when I heard a scratching noise at my kitchen window. I went to see what it was, and there was Sylvester, wanting me to let him in. I opened the window, and he came in and was purring loudly, demanding that I pet him. Of course I was happy beyond belief to give him the love he wanted. It had been well over a year since I had last seen him, and that had been at the other house we had lived in. He took up with me there and we had a lot of time together. As he had become an alley cat, I knew he liked his freedom, so I did not force him to stay inside. I give all my pets respect for their preferences. He was healthy, had no debilitating conditions, and he was happy. When I finally moved away again, I did not make him come with me, even though I wanted him to. He chose to stay in town. That was the last I saw of him, but I suspect he lived a few more years. I'm sure he had other homes he could get loving at, because there were a few he knew where the homeowners were cat lovers, feeding and caring for multiple alley cats.
Incidentally, when I first got Sylvester, there were no black cats anywhere in town. After he was grown, that changed gradually, until soon there were black cats all through the city! I think he was the father or grandfather of most of them.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #131 on: December 22, 2022, 01:21:31 PM »
I do get that about your Sylvester.   And, if the Vet doc had said it was ok, I would have let Tattoo out every day.   He had no problem coming to either front/back door and clamoring to get in.   But the vet said no, keep him in so he stays away from the worst of the allergens that trigger his outbreaks.   There were just some times he was gonna get out no matter what, that couldn't be helped.   Tattoo was one of the smartest cats I ever had.  And he definitely chose me as his human.   There was nothing he loved more than simply being with  me.   Even if it was to just sleep right by me.   What a cat.  Loved him much.

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #132 on: December 22, 2022, 10:18:18 PM »
I think Tattoo and you were the best of friends. I'm sure he loved you with all his heart. It was the same with me and Sylvester.  My Sylvester 2 and 3 were also.
Had another male cat chase Sylvester 3 into my home, but that cat did not reckon he would run into me. I picked him up and threw him as far as I could; about twenty yards actually. He went about 15 to 20 feet up in the air too, and was spinning around through the air. Needless to say, he did not come around my home anymore. Sylvester was so thankful for that, because that cat was about twice his size. I think I saved my cats life that day. The people I lived with looked at me with a new kind of respect after that. I suffered some scratches that drew blood from that other male cat, but I did not mind the injuries so long as my cat was kept safe. A few days later I took Sylvester the third to be neutered. He became more docile because of that, like a totally different cat. I was not happy about that. Of all of my cats with that name, he had the best sense of humor; actually pulling tricks on the humans in the house, and doing other things that made us laugh. He earned a nickname: Silly. After he was neutered, that part of him was gone. He was still my buddy, but the fun we used to have never was there again.
I figure you and Tattoo had a special relationship also, and I'm betting you and he had a lot of fun together. I think this because I can tell you and I are of a kind, having a natural affinity for and with our cats. My Totem animal is the cat. Even wild cats, like leopards and mountain lions have been known to be attracted to me, and not in a bad way. They just wanted me to pet them. I was prevented from petting the mountain lion (a zoo animal), but I did get to pet the leopard. Such an exquisite feeling to be able to do that.
Did you and Tattoo play special games together? I ask, because my cat Cookie Baby reinvented an old game she plays with me; Hide and Seek. She just started doing that in the last couple of months. She hides and I seek. It is good fun that she got started with her human. LOL
I'm sitting here typing away, and our male cat McCartney is sleeping on my right leg. He is a lot like Sylvester the First, as before we took him in there were hardly any grey tabbies in the neighborhood. Now he has plenty of progeny that are grey tabbies, and many that are mixes of tabby and other types. He chose us as his forever family, and has endeared himself to us solidly. He is the one that is the Gentleman cat, treating Cookie Baby like a Princess. It is so awesome to watch how he treats her, even when she is feeling cranky. Sometimes he even presents the top of his head to her, so that she can swat him on the head several times. LOL He takes it like a trooper. The two of them have become good friends. She was spade when she first went into heat, even though I though we should let her have at least one litter. I think she would have enjoyed raising some kittens, and it would have helped her mellow out.
She's 12 now and will be 13 in April. I love her a lot and she obviously loves me a lot too.
McG, I know you love Mogwai too; as much as you loved Tattoo. The both of you must be there for each other, in this time of grieving. I'm suffering some grief also, but not for an animal at this time. I just found out my oldest cousin on my mother's side of the family died today of a massive heart attack. What is so bad about it is that he and I had reconnected just two months ago, and now out of the blue he is gone. God rest his soul.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #133 on: December 23, 2022, 02:14:47 PM »
I am sorry for your loss, Cleve.    Yeah I too think we (and TL and Aelin!) are like spirits with Cats.   I think I have had an affinity with them, even big ones like our Bobcats and Lynxes.   They come to me, not I to them.  Strange that.  But it has happened more than once.   And even stranger, some of the cats came from a ways off as 4 week old kittens.   Maybe certain cats just have a special affinity with me?  Mogwai is doing better.   I sit on the couch and in seconds he is stretched out beside me on the couch armrest.   Tattoo and the neighborhood.  He ran it.   It is HIS territory.   All other cats will visit going through him first.   There were a few tom cats that were quick to challenge Tattoo.  Most of those died for that effort.   Tattoo turned out to be one tough and very muscular cat.  Yet, he was a gentle natured cat.  He never once bit or scratched a human deliberately.   He and I had a few play time accidents through the years.   But every time, he showed concern over my bleed.  I washed my scratches with alcohol every time.   It worked.   Also, the daughter that brought him to me had him neutered at 4 weeks old by a vet (that is law in Texas for non-breeder HYBRID felines BTW).  But, Chemically.  Not surgically.   He and I always played together, and he loved it.  Often to the point he would bring me the toy he  wants to play with right to me.   That was a wonderful thing about Tattoo.  He was always open with his feelings, to me.    This sharing is why I miss him so much Cleve.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #134 on: December 24, 2022, 03:55:01 AM »
  Nurture.   Right!  Cats require nurturing as much as any creature, *IF* we want them to move themselves beyond the natural independent and ALONE place of pure instinct and reflex.   We do want them to develop those areas of emotions, speech, memory and inquisitiveness more.   I kinda think that when a "Felis Catus Americanus" (he he!) is very close to the humans it lives with.  This separates it from all other cats, large and small.   That they even CAN develop so incredibly much beyond the 'reflex' state is not even supported by scientists.  Pah!  Bumhug! on them, phooey!   Their "science" is weak!    But cats can do an amazing job of training themselves to do amazing things.  All with very little encouragement from us.   But positive enforcement is most needed, for cats.   Each of us have already observed this, and will likely observe even more.   We have spoken in here of these things before.
Alan gave me a few of those "Sheba" gourmet dinner cups for Mogwai.   Seems someone has handled one of those with some food on their fingers.  Mogwai would not stop deep-sniffing that cup.   So, I washed the cup, then opened it for him to a pie plate.  He left nothing on that plate.    To be expected, yes?  Heh!   Today, At 2am I woke, did my waking chores and prepared a small meal for both Mogwai and I.   For a bit of dessert, I opened a bag of cooked chicken strips, and gave Mogwai some.   Had to, he refused to get out of the way !!!  So, he and I enjoyed some bits of flame grilled chicken this morning.   He is sound asleep on the back of the couch right now.   And, I see that Mogwai had brought his favorite stuffie right to me.   Reminding me of Tattoo.   I smiled.  "You have done well, little padawan Mogwai!  :oD

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #135 on: December 24, 2022, 11:53:12 AM »
Our cats love the Sheba, so long as it does not have much fish in it. The only fish they will eat are tuna and salmon, and it must be combined with other meats. They call those tiny tubs of Sheba "Perfect Portions" But I don't think they really know what they are saying. Our cats like meal about twice what is in one tub of Sheba. What we do with the Sheba and other cat food is pop it in the microwave for just a few seconds, long enough to make it warm, not hot. That get the aroma better for their little noses. When I do the feeding time, I mix a bit of dry into it. If I feed Cookie Baby something that has gravy in it, she will suck up the gravy, and leave the actual meat. Right after she does that, a few minutes later she upchucks every time. So I figured a way out to keep the gravy from being easy to suck up. Mixing dry into it after warming it up works well. I know what her problem is when she upchucks like that. She is a constant shedder, shedding cat hair year round. As most cats are always cleaning their fur throughout the day, they need to cough up the hairballs. Cookie Baby's trigger for that is to drink a lot of gravy. Only thing is, after she coughs up a hairball that way, she loses her appetite. She started getting skinny and her ribs were beginning to show through her fur. So I had to come up with a way to get food to stay in her belly until it was digested and absorbed into her system. Warming the wet food and mixing dry into it is working really well, and she is no longer skin and bones. McCartney only upchucks once every few weeks, except in the Spring and Summer months; but even then he doesn't do it as much as Cookie Baby does. I think my girl sheds a whole other cat in hair every year!
Like you, I don't buy what the scientist say about cats. I think if our cats could talk, they would. They certainly have enough intelligence to do so. Both of our cats are always finding ways to communicate with us, and I'm sure your cat does that as well. From what you have posted in our various threads here at FA, I know Mogwai, and when he was living, Tattoo have  a good share of intelligence. My cat, Cookie Baby has awesome intelligence, to the point of being an inventor. She never ceases to amaze. As for developing relationships with their humans, you and I both know the scientists don't really know what they think they know. I have to wonder how many cats they have had in their lives! Not many, I suspect, other than just for study. They are distant and aloof, and because of that, not right to be the ones studying the feline species. Cats can sense the demeanor of a human, and will not develop a relationship with a cold and distant person. It makes that type of scientist biased in the wrong direction, and they refuse to give credit to the humans and cats that are happy together. McCartney was an alley cat when I first met him. He was not very big at that time. It only took two encounters with me for him to come to our door and decide we would be his forever family. Now he is the biggest cat in the whole neighborhood; the True Alpha, spreading his progeny all around here. He gets let in by some of our neighbors when they have a female in heat. They want him mating with their females. I think it is because of his true gentle nature. They want to produce kittens that will be as much like him as possible. Many of his offspring come to me for some love when I am out and about.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #136 on: December 24, 2022, 07:14:04 PM »
So True, for all those words, Cleve!    Tattoo was "scary smart".   I think that if we really sit and observe our furry family, we will discover that each and every one of them, whether a Cat, Dog, Bird . . . *IS* some kind of Scary Smart, in SOME way.   I was so shocked to find that my little budgie (what pet stores call a Parakeet) I had in the late 70's was able to speak English words after a while.   Tattoo would do his level best to mouth words, like "Love you" and "hungry".   But they aren't built for that kind of speak.  Doesn't stop them from trying, does it?  :o)   I hear Mogwai as he wanders through the house, making his usual patrols, muttering, trilling, softly.   But I listen for that, and encourage any speaking he wants to try.  Nearly 11 years old, and still runs and plays like a kitten.  Just not for so long AS a kitten does though.  Then, he is off to his nap.   
Yes, I know he and I will both miss Tattoo, always.    But, we have to pick ourselves up and keep living.   He would insist on that, he would!
As do you, Cleve, as do you!

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #137 on: December 24, 2022, 07:20:46 PM »
Hairballs.    Both mine used to do that, but I found that some cat foods are formulated to actually help control that coughing up thing.   It helps them literally pass the hair out.   Works for mine.   Even as much shedding as Mogwai does, he only rarely coughs one up now.
The vet told me that I should give mine wet food no more than once every other day, and to keep dry food out for them all the time.  So, that is what I do.  Even now.   Though  Moggie does try to talk me into something 'treat' every day!   Doing what the vet said do really helps the digestive system.   Mogwai's output is just right this way.  Ha!

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #138 on: December 24, 2022, 07:28:03 PM »
It is now night time, Christmas Eve, year 2022.   It has been fiercely windy and cold the last few days, with icy snow all around the neighborhood.   Today the temp got into the low 40's for a bit, with clear bright sunshine.  The snow is gone now.   The forecast for tomorrow is bright, sunny, beautiful with low in the 20's and high in the 50's, and no wind.   Promises to be one gorgeous day!

I am hoping you ALL have a wonderful Christmas.   May God Bless each and every one of you,  the Peace of Jesus be with all!  AMen!

Michael S. McCollum
   "McGrandpa"

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #139 on: December 27, 2022, 01:05:45 AM »
McG. and BadMoonRYZEN wish you all the Happiest of Holidays!

participial