Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Fafnir

2024 Apr 22 05:20:09
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 20 10:45:19
i am it was chilly here to

thelufias

2024 Apr 20 02:40:22
Chilly here also Mary...Not sure about the "mebbe rain" part here.  Doesn't matter...I ain't going anywhere.

DarkAngel

2024 Apr 20 12:30:45
heloooooooo there on this chilly April day--it claims to mebbe rain, YUCK!  :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 Apr 20 08:06:41
Hang in there Vash

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99487
  • Total Topics: 12307
  • Online Today: 676
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Poser 11.3 Plans  (Read 1662 times)

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
Poser 11.3 Plans
« on: November 28, 2019, 02:53:06 PM »
We have started working on the next Poser update with the goal to release it by the end of the first quarter of 2020, Poser Software CEO Tim Choate announced.

Since Renderosity acquired Poser in mid-2019, we have released one major update but have continued to work on the software.

The last major release, Poser Pro 11.2 was released Thursday, Sept. 19 with eight gigs of new content for all users and a new license management system for versions above Poser 10.

As a "bridge" release, Poser Pro 11.2 did not contain epic new features, but rather bridged differences between the old Smith Micro version and the new Bondware version of Poser. This means things like license management, software distribution methods, branding, asset store search and so on, were been updated.

In Poser Pro 11.3 will follow in the same vein with improvements to the existing systems, like improvements to local Content Library search, clothing fitting/design tools, and more guidance on render settings with wizards and alerts of potential setting problems, along with small bug fixes.

One key addition will be an in-app download manager for automated download and installation of purchased assets.  The idea is to simplify the current purchase/download/install experience for new or casual users.

If you still haven't updated to Poser Pro 11.2, you can do so at PoserSoftware.com/downloads.

La Femme's perfect match

We are in the process of creating a male figure, named L'Homme, to partner with La Femme.

L'Homme is more than a partner, he's a morph of La Femme that can be injected into the base figure. Because he's a morph of La Femme, that means her clothing, textures and other assets can be easily modified to fit his masculine frame.

L'Homme is currently in testing with a target release date of sometime in early December.

Learn more about La Femme here: https://www.posersoftware.com/lafemme

Larry is back!

As true fans know, Poser was born back in 1995 from Larry Weinberg's desire to be an illustrator. He wrote the software to be a better mannequin for artists to use as a reference.

As Poser's fan base grew, so did its uses. The program has been used in scientific, medical, architectural, CAD, theatrical, and dance-based applications, along with 3D modeling, digital art and computer graphics.

"I knew Poser could be a useful tool but the response was overwhelming and the art it helped create was mind-blowing," Weinberg said.

And as Poser enters a new phase with Bondware, Weinberg has returned to Poser dev team as senior developer after winding down other commitments. He will be focused on Mac support and overall app architecture.
Bringing back the DVD

Sometime before Christmas, you'll be able to buy Poser on DVD through Amazon. (You can see a draft of the DVD sleeve above.)

We've partnered with distribution partner "Graphixly" to get a physical copy in the hands of those who want it.

( this information from: https://www.posersoftware.com/article/439/whats-planned-for-poser-pro-113 )

Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
Re: Poser 11.3 Plans
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 03:01:43 PM »
Not sure the " automated download and installation of purchased assets" part is a good idea for people who have personalized Runtimes :whatthe:

But it's weird to see Rendo who bets on a hermaphrodite figure with LaFemme when Daz stopped the experience after Genesis from first generation. We'll see if they do better with that.

I find great to see Poser available on DVD for future buyers, specially when there were issues with few serial numbers.

So at first look, nothing on lights, like hoped Semicharm
http://www.thefantasiesattic.net/attic/cpg/displayimage.php?pid=38286

Alerts on setting problems would be good too. Maybe that will find what problem I have if I can't find it between now and their release from P11.3? :tearlaugh:
Check FRM for great products

Offline CardinalBiggles

• Taking Root
  • Author, Illustrator, cat slave
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 03:07:32 PM »
I can't say i have felt a need to update.  The only feature which would prompt me to do so would be if Poser could come up with a feature I find handy in Bryce, of being able to merge two scenes, so one could work on a figure without the distraction of background and merge with a complex background previously set up, necessitating only minute readjustment.
send more Winged Hussars, please

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 03:18:56 PM »
I can't say i have felt a need to update.  The only feature which would prompt me to do so would be if Poser could come up with a feature I find handy in Bryce, of being able to merge two scenes, so one could work on a figure without the distraction of background and merge with a complex background previously set up, necessitating only minute readjustment.
You're right on that! The merge option is in Daz, and when I had Poser 10 it was something I found missing.
Merging is definitively useful to don't ask many memory or processor on a long period because of what is in the scene.

Offline CardinalBiggles

• Taking Root
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 03:25:49 PM »
You're right on that! The merge option is in Daz, and when I had Poser 10 it was something I found missing.
Merging is definitively useful to don't ask many memory or processor on a long period because of what is in the scene.
Now that is one single feature which is enough to get me wanting to give Daz another go - thanks!

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2019, 03:31:33 PM »
I'm myself always playing with DS3 version most of time, because the main problem with DS4 is when you do a movement in the scene (even a tiny one from an object), the program recalculates things immediately. Processor and memory are affected :hypno: It's sad because I liked to play a little with the males from Genesis generations.

See, if we could have a program hybrid with the best features of the 2 programs, I would be happy :tearlaugh:

Offline CardinalBiggles

• Taking Root
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 03:35:15 PM »
Aelin, yes! that would be awesome!

Offline Glitterati3D

• Garden Gnome
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2019, 09:46:18 AM »
You already have that ability in Poser - since P7 at least - File>Import Poser Document/Prop.  Just be sure, if you want the lights from the importing document, delete the lights in your currently loaded scene before importing. 

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2019, 10:08:45 AM »
You already have that ability in Poser - since P7 at least - File>Import Poser Document/Prop.  Just be sure, if you want the lights from the importing document, delete the lights in your currently loaded scene before importing.
Well, name for that maneuver is more than blur. When I read "Prop" I only think to a prop :shrug: Talking of a "scene" would be better already, if Poser program can't use the "merge" word like in Daz.

Offline CardinalBiggles

• Taking Root
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2019, 11:46:12 AM »

I do? I can? so if I have dressed and posed and changed V4 say, I can port the saved pic of her into a scene? I didn't realise that worked