Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Fafnir

2024 Apr 22 05:20:09
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 20 10:45:19
i am it was chilly here to

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99619
  • Total Topics: 12310
  • Online Today: 647
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: The Pet Shop  (Read 61687 times)

thelufias and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
Re: The Pet Shop
« Reply #430 on: December 15, 2021, 11:24:11 PM »
Dry Cat Food.   I decided to try one of those  better ingredients foods.  That Blue Buffalo is more expensive than the hydrolyzed protein stuff I have to buy from the Vet clinic only!  Even Purina has a couple of types like that.  BUT, I saw they had improved 'kinder' ingredients cat foods too.  So I tried a small bag from Walmart, and oh did the boys like it!  They both got where they did not like the old Meow Mix regular dry food at all.  Something changed in it.  And, apparently, to the cats, it literally stinks.  They didn't eat it.   Uh Oh.  That's why they are now eating from this new 22 lb bag of Purina Ocean Treats Dry Cat Food.  I think the main ingredient is Salmon.  Then some brown rice, green  peas, stuff they can actually digest that is also somewhat hypo allergenic.  Tattoo isn't scratching his face off, and Mogwai enjoys it too.   So far their most favorite foods are Seafood!  Cool.   :cool: :pervy:
 :tree: :xmas8: :santa3: :xmas: :merryxmas: :snowlady: :xtree:
That's awesome, McG.
We had to try three different types of dry, before settling on one they would actually eat. They were leaving about half of the old in the bowl. Once a week I put minced garlic in their wet food. That helps keep fleas and ticks off of them, boosting the work of their collars. Now when they get dry, they actually eat nearly all of what I give them. McCartney was leaving half of his dry before we got this bag, and Cookie Baby about a quarter of it. Now they are eating well.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #431 on: December 16, 2021, 12:13:25 AM »
Cool stuff!   I think cats prefer fish, generally.   These two sure do!    I am glad we all got our little ones on foods they enjoy.   

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #432 on: December 16, 2021, 12:27:00 AM »
Our cats are finicky about what type of fish they will eat. They like my fried Perch or Flounder, sometimes Salmon, but mostly Tuna. They also love poultry, like chicken and turkey, but only the wet. TYhey love the pate versions, but shreds and diced are their favorites. Cookie Baby likes to suck the gravy up before eating the meat, while McCartney just goes all out. Sometimes they leave some wet in their bowls, and nibble on it for the rest of the day. When it is time for their dry, the wet is usually gone, and I just replace it with dry food. We have Temptations with catnip in it that we give them for treats. They really love that. Also, to get them to eat sometimes I have a small spritz bottle of catnip in liquid. Just 1 spritz will do it, and they will eat the food with gusto!
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #433 on: December 16, 2021, 11:23:20 AM »
My two gave up and walked away from catnip years ago.  Still have a good bit of it sealed up.  Not being used.   Sigh. 
Do we all feel like our little furry ones are finicky eaters?   Unlike the yard cats, which gobble up whatever is put out.  Especially warm meat!

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #434 on: December 19, 2021, 05:55:40 PM »
I have kittens who are now picky eaters....

At first they gobbled up anything you gave them...then when they found out that were "ALWAYS" going to be fed...they got PICKY.

I can put a plate of Lorna's rotten cooking in a bowl and give it to the outdoor cats and they would lick the bowls.  The Kittens run away from it :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh:

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #435 on: December 20, 2021, 02:45:57 AM »
LOL!  Sounds like my two.  They loved  the new dry food at first.  Now, they'd rather I give them some wet every day.   It's tempting it is!

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #436 on: December 22, 2021, 06:07:13 PM »

I can put a plate of Lorna's rotten cooking in a bowl and give it to the outdoor cats and they would lick the bowls.  The Kittens run away from it :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh:

Hilarious :tearlaugh:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #437 on: December 22, 2021, 06:08:50 PM »
Watanuki is starting to get demanding in regards to the wet food, he thinks he should have it nightly, however not happening.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #438 on: December 23, 2021, 07:01:45 AM »
Depends when you give it to him in the day. But sometimes they make their best to push the limits.
You see, girls here have their PlaqueOff for their teeth. It's always around a certain hour in the day, but those last times, Puce is trying to push earlier the moment. She waits, waits, waits, thinking her look will be enough to make things change :tearlaugh:
But at the evening, after we end to eat, we have few seconds to acceed to her demand for wet food, or she starts to meow :thud: Not that she has faster than usual, but she isn't ready to stop that bad habit.

After, it happens the stomach of cats is changing a little. Before, the PlaqueOff was twice a day, 2 in the midday, 2 before we start our dinner. But it happened the girls were no more able to have them staying in their stomachs at the begining of the evening. And same with their dry food. Now we have removed dry food for a moment before we eat the evening, and during the dinner itself, they are better. And the 4 daily PO are in once the midday, and problem.
It's perhaps just a problem with "teenager" cats :shrug: But keep an eye on if Watanuki has something changing or not around his usual wet food time.
Check FRM for great products

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #439 on: December 26, 2021, 05:49:46 PM »
Damn, got a definitive wink plus two from Watanuki this evening ... have thought that I have gotten one previously but tonight's were undeniable and since I am the only human under the same roof they had to be directed at me :tearlaugh:

participial