thelufias

2024 May 12 08:16:47
 :mom4: To All The Moms

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Radkres

2024 May 06 06:11:19
is it getting any better?  :coffeemaker:

vash99

2024 May 05 10:56:57
i tried during the infusion it didnt help

Radkres

2024 May 05 02:50:17
Have You Tried a Warm Compress  to see if that helps?

vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

thelufias

2024 May 04 09:23:33
It's SATURDAY MORNING...Cartoon time with Marvin the Martian

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

pic of baby owl © Fafnir

TOTW

What a brilliant idea, my friend! © Nemesis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ April
~Anything Goes~

1st Place:

Amour Florist and Gifts © Launok

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 100133
  • Total Topics: 12324
  • Online Today: 487
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Space Weather  (Read 156994 times)

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
Re: Space Weather
« Reply #1390 on: October 21, 2018, 11:11:04 AM »

Yes, I have to admit....I do collect a lot of things....much to the dismay of many LOLOL....

And I always said "Someday I'll sort these and see what I've got."  The comics are the first items I can truly say I started to sort....and look how long that's taking LOLOL...

But I LOVE IT....

Uh....yeah :smile:

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #1391 on: October 21, 2018, 11:14:06 AM »
Can you imagine, back before the Parthenon was built or even conceived of in the mind of it's architect? He's sitting on a hill one night - perhaps that very one where it stands now, and sees something like that. He's had a 'vision from the gods' of their halls and temples, and then builds it.

I know....right....

Our future builders will not have any idea as to how to proceed with any type of project like that without consulting all of their "Thinking Devices".   When's the last time you heard a child say they looked something up in an Encyclopedia?   

Or kids having to use tablets in school to do math problems and then they'll become the cashiers who can't count out change to you.....even when the machine tells them what your getting back.... :thud:

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #1392 on: October 21, 2018, 11:59:58 AM »

I know....right....

Our future builders will not have any idea as to how to proceed with any type of project like that without consulting all of their "Thinking Devices".   When's the last time you heard a child say they looked something up in an Encyclopedia?   

Or kids having to use tablets in school to do math problems and then they'll become the cashiers who can't count out change to you.....even when the machine tells them what your getting back.... :thud:

On-line encyclopedias, yes but actual book with pages, no. I have to admit even though I have a dictionary or three around here, Roget's Thesaurus, etc. I look on line too. It's faster than unpiling the books and putting them back.

I learned to count change just so no one short-changed me. I'd have it all figured out by the time I got to the register and knew what I was supposed to get back. Back in the day when a dollar and some change went quite a way toward a fun afternoon. Maybe even a movie, pop and popcorn.

Yes, those Ancient Architects were amazing men. I can see why Imhotep was made a god. Or Thoth as "The Builder". There were architect gods in India as well, I know. Who taught them all what they knew??? Far ahead of most today...with only a clay tablet.

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #1393 on: October 21, 2018, 12:10:25 PM »
Thus my fascination with Ancient Aliens.  Some of the stuff is hard to swallow....but some of the stuff I agree with....  And keeps me thinking of......and fascinated by.....anything to do with space and aliens....

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #1394 on: October 21, 2018, 12:22:18 PM »
Thus my fascination with Ancient Aliens.  Some of the stuff is hard to swallow....but some of the stuff I agree with....  And keeps me thinking of......and fascinated by.....anything to do with space and aliens....

If I didn't have to listen to Ermagerd (Gorgio?) and vonDaniken it'd be okay. I can deal with some of those people on there - like Hancock, Schock, Bauval and Collins. They tend to be more sensible. Or even Mohan (the Indian guy). It's when they fudge things and make outrageous claims I want to turn it off. That's largely Giorgio, I think.

One cannot escape there were those who knew some pretty amazing things that we still don't know for sure how they were done. Can't do them today. 

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #1395 on: October 21, 2018, 01:13:17 PM »
Giorgio Tsoukalos is Lornas most FAVORITE guy on the show.  She's a member of the Ancient Aliens Fan page on FB and Tweet and Instagram and who knows where else...

I liked Philip Coppens ....Sad that he died in 2012 of angiosarcoma cancer....and had just gotten married the year before.

Others I like are Nick Redfern and Mike Bara and of course Clotworthy....

Never did like Erich von Daniken...though "Chariots of the Gods" was pretty awesome.

But yes...some of the stuff you take with a grain of salt...as with much of anything else in life.....

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #1396 on: October 21, 2018, 01:36:23 PM »
Giorgio Tsoukalos is Lornas most FAVORITE guy on the show.  She's a member of the Ancient Aliens Fan page on FB and Tweet and Instagram and who knows where else...

I liked Philip Coppens ....Sad that he died in 2012 of angiosarcoma cancer....and had just gotten married the year before.

Others I like are Nick Redfern and Mike Bara and of course Clotworthy....

Never did like Erich von Daniken...though "Chariots of the Gods" was pretty awesome.

But yes...some of the stuff you take with a grain of salt...as with much of anything else in life.....

:shrug: for Lorna's choice. :tearlaugh:

Von Daniken took a lot of his stuff from Velikovsky's previous book "Worlds in Collision" which posited that Venus came into this solar system as a comet, was trapped here by the Sun, and brought flies to Earth in the wake of it's tail. Basically a lot of 'science-fiction'.  :sure:

Yes, it's sad that Phillip died so young. I think his wife's name was Kathleen but I don't remember her last name (nom de plume). My friends in England had dinner with them after they'd gotten married, as they'd been going to some of Kathleen's events and had gotten to know her. They liked Phillip quite a bit.

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #1397 on: October 21, 2018, 02:00:09 PM »
Soooo....you got my curiosity up and I looked up his wifes info.....and wow....Never knew some of what is there.....but yes...her name was Kathleen McGowan....

And yup on Chariots of the Gods book....but it written WAY WAY better than "Worlds in Collision"....and to tell the truth...I read Chariots of the Gods as a Science Fiction book....nothing more...

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #1398 on: October 21, 2018, 02:10:59 PM »
Yes, that's her - Kathleen McGowan.

I'd been reading several of those sorts of books at the time I read CotG and like the book about Atlantis (Ignatius Donnelly) and some other things, I read them because I was curious. A curiosity. I never quite knew what I thought of it all. It was just something to keep in mind for future reference, I guess.

I probably come closer to admitting aliens could have been here than I've ever been in my life...but I'm still waiting to meet one.

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #1399 on: October 21, 2018, 02:33:37 PM »
As am I ..... since I was 8 or 9.....

Wow....I AM in a poetic mood today LOLOL....