thelufias

2024 May 12 08:16:47
 :mom4: To All The Moms

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Radkres

2024 May 06 06:11:19
is it getting any better?  :coffeemaker:

vash99

2024 May 05 10:56:57
i tried during the infusion it didnt help

Radkres

2024 May 05 02:50:17
Have You Tried a Warm Compress  to see if that helps?

vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

thelufias

2024 May 04 09:23:33
It's SATURDAY MORNING...Cartoon time with Marvin the Martian

thelufias

2024 May 04 08:24:32
I use to use Ice Packs to lesson the pain and swelling. Worked well.

vash99

2024 May 03 11:29:10
had chemo today this time the iv went into my hand so now my hand and arm hurts as a result of the chemo i can't wait till this is done

Fafnir

2024 May 03 06:33:28
 :c-cat:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Can We Keep Him? © Sydneykeys

TOTW

Soccertods Netherlands © Pommerlis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 100098
  • Total Topics: 12322
  • Online Today: 872
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Space Weather  (Read 156839 times)

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
Re: Space Weather
« Reply #850 on: May 27, 2017, 04:31:53 PM »
I agree...and with so many variants of what it might be....who knows.... multiple universes might end up as the winner....

Multiple universes have been hypothesized in cosmology, physics, astronomy, religion, philosophy, transpersonal psychology, and literature, particularly in science fiction and fantasy. In these contexts, parallel universes are also called "alternate universes", "quantum universes", "interpenetrating dimensions", "parallel dimensions", "parallel worlds", "alternate realities", "alternate timelines", and "dimensional planes".

The physics community continues to debate the multiverse hypotheses. Prominent physicists disagree about whether any kind of multiverse exists.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #851 on: May 27, 2017, 04:55:48 PM »
I know!! It's like a big crap-shoot, isn't it? At least as far as we oh so intelligent humans can perceive - or not.

Albert said "God does not play dice." However, Albert has been proven to be wrong a time or two.

Philosophically speaking, there has to be a reality "as perceived by..." every single entity that ever existed in any time. Even though some few of them experienced the same events, they all saw that event from a different pov, moment in time and space. From a different mind-set and a different set of experience filters.

And now it's time to sing:

Before I make myself crazy (er).

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #852 on: May 27, 2017, 05:06:08 PM »
I agree....we are mere humans and are the youngsters on this planet...though we think we know it all LOL...

And as for the Drive to Crazy....I've got my roadmap handy if you wish to use it....  :Hi5:

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #853 on: May 27, 2017, 05:11:11 PM »
Cool song....I remember it but never knew who sang it.....

Now...I'm off to find some shallow water  :java:

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #854 on: May 27, 2017, 05:44:16 PM »
I agree....we are mere humans and are the youngsters on this planet...though we think we know it all LOL...

And as for the Drive to Crazy....I've got my roadmap handy if you wish to use it....  :Hi5:

:driver: Oh, I got my very own road-map...and the territory is not the map - or is it the other way around? Does it matter? Thanks for the offer though!

No, we don't know squat. That's why I had a bit of a laugh over a statement of something being a matter of fact versus a matter of opinion elsewhere. Look at how many things we thought we knew for certain, that we now know was someone's utter bs and conjecture over what seemed the most logical (to them) that became "accepted fact". Which is now "un-fact".

Everything's an opinion until....when?

I sing that song to myself tongue in cheek, mostly.

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #855 on: May 27, 2017, 05:58:37 PM »
Until it's proven beyond a doubt.....then it's called fact.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #856 on: May 27, 2017, 07:12:18 PM »
Until it's proven beyond a doubt.....then it's called fact.

Of course, but it has to be proven to be universally true to be an absolute fact - doesn't it?  :tearlaugh:

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #857 on: May 27, 2017, 08:11:39 PM »
I actually remember that song from my past as well, didn't make much sense then but it sure does now ...

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #858 on: May 27, 2017, 08:53:05 PM »
Of course, but it has to be proven to be universally true to be an absolute fact - doesn't it?  :tearlaugh:
As you are saying it, indeed it does! One thing is for certain about the Universe: because of the great distances involved with just what we can see or detect, not much we think we know about it can be proven absolutely. It is why the Big Bang Theory is still just a theory. It seems to be the most plausible explanation for what we have observed, but there are other explanations and interpretations of the data collected that are just as valid, though the mainstream scientists will often refuse to give them any credence, because it goes against what they are saying. Thing is for The BIg Bang Theory to remain valid, they are constantly have to add more equations into the mix. Then you get the problem with one new equation throwing everything else off so that the new model that comes of it does not fit what we see. The most likely truth is that the universe is much less complicated than the current accepted theory makes it.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #859 on: May 28, 2017, 09:18:13 AM »
CME HITS, SPARKS AURORAS: A CME hit Earth's magnetic field on May 27th. At first, for several hours, the seemingly weak impact barely disturbed our planet's magnetic environment. Then the storms began. As Earth passed through the CME's wake, energetic particles poured through a crack in Earth's magnetosphere, sparking strong G3-class geomagnetic storms and bright auroras. Chris Cook recorded the display from Cape Cod, Massachusetts:

"Tonight's surprise aurora was captured around 11:15pm EDT overlooking the calm waters of Cape Cod Bay," says Cook. "Numerous pillars reached to a height of 25°. It was nice to see the Northern Lights again!"

In addition to Massachusetts, auroras auroras have been sighted in New York, Wyoming, Pennsylvania, Montana, Iowa, Minnesota, Michigan and multiple points in Canada.
The show's not over.  Earth is still inside the CME's wake, and G1- to G3-class storms are underway on May 28th. High-latitude sky watchers should remain alert for auroras.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

participial