Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Fafnir

2024 Apr 22 05:20:09
 :havesum:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99651
  • Total Topics: 12311
  • Online Today: 876
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: You know what is comical  (Read 2647 times)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: You know what is comical
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2020, 01:03:23 PM »
 :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh:

Just got an email form the NRCC saying our records show you as voting for Biden :puah:

Turns out it was another thinly veiled attempt to get one to donate to the campaign.

Excuse me, but the government has yet to show fiscal responsibility to date so why in all that is holy would I donate to a political campaign?

Just saying :ummm:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Attic Icon
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2020, 02:22:20 PM »
I Got a Pamphlet from the DNC Telling me what a Horrible Person I must be For Voting! o.O Yea I think We have gone here!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline deeleelaw57

• Detective Dee
  • 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2020, 06:55:54 PM »
I get a kick out of the governor of California stating children are not allowed to go door to door trick or treating on Halloween and I just saw an interview with a local politician saying he and his people have gone around the last couple of weeks knocking on about 35,000 doors to get the word out on his campaign. He was not the first I heard admit to this.

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Attic Icon
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2020, 07:28:04 PM »
Rules for Thee Not For Me!  :iminnocent:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2020, 08:09:29 PM »
And it just keeps getting more stupid by the day ... :sigh:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2020, 02:25:27 PM »
Oh you know, masks are asked for children here, starting 6 years old. Not Halloween or superhero masks, but facial masks :sigh:

We heard first children were the worse to give covid. Then they weren't carriers. Now, it's back to the time where children are "monsters" :shrug:

Because of lockdown since today (and I'll pass on the many contradictions of french government here), children who celebrate Halloween here won't be able to do it too.
Check FRM for great products

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2021, 04:27:48 AM »
My newest problem is that I have found it increasingly difficult to breath or talk properly through a mask up over my nose or even over my mouth.

Yeah, yeah it is useless unless you do so, it is to protect me from you and vice versa ... well whom is being protected and from what if one is not capable of breathing through a mask. I certainly no longer feel safe since I cannot breath properly, just call a ambulance now jack leg.

This has been creeping up on m e slowly for some little time that it took this long to realize what the problem is, and yes I am out of breath, wheezing and the whole nine yards when forced to wear that damn thing.

Just noticed yesterday that under exertion without a mask I found myself short of breath ... not a good feeling

And the idiot at work thinks I am faking because I do not want to work on the cruise ship, due to the fact one will be required to wear not only a mask, but a face shield, gloves and a suit ... seriously what the hell do I have the Black Death

Makes me wonder about my sleeping habits now as if they are truly interrupted by tinnitus or just restricted breathing. Because the longer I think about it the further back the symptoms are recalled.

Which makes one suspect the medical industry with capital letters. One would have thought something would have come out during a physical, but I guess the slow and subtle progress of anything is missed every time.

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2021, 06:56:51 AM »
Since I have to wear mask in shops, or when at job, I have the nose running.
Here, I must tell before I start to eat organic, 9 months on 12 I was with nose like that. Since 2010 I was free of that...

I have a discomfort in the throat, like a ball during several hours after I wear one.
I can't breath correctly in shops (I exit my nose in the streets, no matter the orders here) and guess what? I pull on the mask to obtain air.

People with things in the throat (from a old tracheotomy) can't use the mask.
Same with several advanced asthmatic people.
I know a person who after 15 minutes with mask is fainting.

And why during many many years, in Asia, the ill people wear the masks when they had flu, but sane people hadn't to wear them? Why suddenly everyone has to wear a such mess?
Sorry, nothing makes sense to me in that story.
Check FRM for great products

Offline Wizzard

• Wizard of Odd
  • Working It
  • Lurker in the dark, with a torch.
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2021, 09:13:35 AM »
Yeah Jherr, COPD is so much fun in a masked world. If everyone, not out for a Darwin award, wears a mask, then the contenders can be seen clearly.
The most fun is whilst shopping, local decided to lower the number of open registers, resulting in congestion.  Hard to maintain distance with a cart pushing into your back. Painful too.
Cheers
Hey Don't be mean, remember.. no matter where you
go,
There you are.
Buckaroo Banzai

Offline deeleelaw57

• Detective Dee
  • 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2021, 11:17:30 AM »

You know what is comical.
California is the most locked down and restricted state in the nation and home of many business closures. One closure parents and teachers have been fighting for months is to get the schools reopened. They have cited a rise in drug abuse and suicides by students and family hard ships. Parents can't work as someone needs to stay home with the kids. Now that they are finally making progress and the soon to be recalled governor is starting to announce school reopening ( after recall petition reached 1.8 million signatures). The teachers union is saying the teachers will not return until they receive the covid vaccine. The teachers where on the list for May or June.
Also the governors order of vaccinations list does not consider the police as an essential or first respondent and where scheduled for vaccination after the teachers original time frame.

participial