Chat Room

What's Up

Radkres

2024 May 21 07:41:27
Ouch! Will Keep You in our Prayers!  :nurse:

AngellsGraphics

2024 May 21 06:53:06
Hi everyone, once again I have a broken rib sure is no fun lol. Hope to be back not doing much in art these days. Hope you all have a great summer. :peek:

Fafnir

2024 May 21 07:57:00
 :peek:

vash99

2024 May 20 10:05:46
 :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 May 20 08:10:00
Yo Hey

vash99

2024 May 19 12:36:10
hey yo

Radkres

2024 May 18 09:13:03
Hey  :peek:

Pommerlis

2024 May 18 10:40:05
Just passing by sayin heeyyy :overthefence:

Fafnir

2024 May 15 07:19:22
 :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 May 12 08:16:47
 :mom4: To All The Moms

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

pic of baby owl © Fafnir

TOTW

What a brilliant idea, my friend! © Nemesis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ April
~Anything Goes~

1st Place:

Amour Florist and Gifts © Launok

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 100216
  • Total Topics: 12328
  • Online Today: 1215
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Poser 11.2 -- The NEW Poser :(  (Read 22467 times)

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
Re: Poser 11.2 -- The NEW Poser :(
« Reply #210 on: October 11, 2019, 04:22:45 PM »
Aelin, my sweet, precious, friend, all of my old hard drives were trashed.  I only salvaged a small bit of stuff off of my last drive.  So no, I don't have any old install files :(  If only!
I'm sorry to hear that :sigh:
Check FRM for great products

Offline FrahHawk

• Thundering Hawk
  • Attic Icon
  • It always begins with a dream...
« Reply #211 on: October 11, 2019, 06:34:08 PM »
I wonder if they intend to go down the path of Adobe, Microsoft and so many more, so that future releases will be on a "subscription" basis instead of being able to just upgrade, or not, depending on your financial situation. 

At this point I've thrown DAZ totally out of the window, I can't even get the darned program to run...the CMS won't load properly, no matter how I try to install it...PFFFFTTTT.....So if Rendo decides they are going the subscription model, particularly after what they did to me already, then I am DONE, DONE DONE

Some of our early adopters have expressed the exact same sentiment regarding subscription. From the top "There is no plan to change the business model of Poser to subscription." There you go straight from the horse's mouth. No need to panic or worry.   :noway:
When life gives you lemons, freeze them and throw them back at the bastards. :hawk:
9/11/01 never forget...

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Attic Icon
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #212 on: October 11, 2019, 06:38:34 PM »
I Have the DAZ Studio 4.7.0.12 64 bit and the 4.8.0.59 64 bit if You want them?

Offline OFW

• Victorian Woman
  • Sponsors
  • High Roller
  • The wayward child has returned
« Reply #213 on: October 11, 2019, 07:52:00 PM »

Some of our early adopters have expressed the exact same sentiment regarding subscription. From the top "There is no plan to change the business model of Poser to subscription." There you go straight from the horse's mouth. No need to panic or worry.   :noway:

I was just pondering, considering the message "J" got earlier.  I certainly hope not.  I just got myself situated with the Substance suite.  As is, I'm going to be working with legacy and Poser characters only, as I can not even get the G3/G8 stuff I bought into Daz so it can be exported. 

I Have the DAZ Studio 4.7.0.12 64 bit and the 4.8.0.59 64 bit if You want them?

Daz 4.anything requires the CMS and that's where I'm running into a problem.  I've tried manually installing the PostqreSQL, I've tried installing it through the DIM, I've tried changing the port numbers...I've done everything I can find with no luck. 

It is what it is.  As long as Poser isn't going subscription based, I'll be fine. 
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -
George Bernard Shaw

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #214 on: October 15, 2019, 02:07:41 PM »
I have a couple versions of DS installed, for emergency conversions and the like.  I do NOT have that blasted "CMS" and the other damnable thingie installed at all.   They work ok with the OLD file system, actually.   The one i cut me teeth on frankly.
Need an older DS version installer files?   I can start at ds 0.9.7.8 ?   DS 1.3, 5, 7, 8 ??  or DS 2.nn(13 versions), or DS 3.0 'regular', not Advanced (Paid), then there is 4.0 up thru 4.20.   Yeah, thats a bunch of em.   Is it even legal to send out those files?   I dunno!   If it ain't, then I can't send.  Oops.   but, these are for a FREE program?   Hmmm.

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #215 on: October 15, 2019, 02:35:46 PM »
Heh...I don't know if this will help but I'm going to say it and maybe it will bring in some clarity - or not :shrug:

In Libraries > Materials are where you create your textures - say for V4 - A character named Susie. Those textures would be mc.6 files and they would be her skins, makeups, eyes, nails and whatever else. That is where Poser created textures were kept originally, as mc.6 files. if they are zipped files, then they're .mcz files. Anything like pure cloth/material texture sets like Parrotdolphin's or Atenais's cloth textures will stay as .mc6 files in the Materials library folder. This is the original 'Poser way' of doing it.

However, DAZ decided to put them into the Libraries > Pose directory. To do that so they work there, you have to turn them into .pz2 files first and move them from the Materials Library to the Pose Library. It works but that is not the way Poser was originally set up to do. That's 'the DAZ way'. 

There was another Materials folder in the Runtime in P5, I know, but that never had anything in it, which I suppose is why it got done away with. I don't know what that was for.

Seems like there are Geometries that do have texture files in with them but they are there to apply upon loading the item - usually a prop.

Like G3D said, there are some files you can change their location - like texture sets for outfits can be put in with the original outfit textures in Pose library and it doesn't hurt because those are not the files to be fetched. They are the fetcher files and inside those are links to the Textures folder so you don't change the names on the textures folders unless you want to go into all the files and change all the links in those fetchers that point to them. Same with a character that could be named anything you want, but you can't change the location of the Geometries files or their names because the character files are pointing in a specific place to fetch them.

Does that apply to what you're talking about? or make sense?

Yeah it makes sense, between the two of you it does.   I 'get' the DAZ interruptus part.   Twice.   Also it was DAZ that instituted the !DAZ folder in "Libraries", a fatal error if there ever was one.  and it was DAZ high ups that told ALL the VENDORS to put their own private *VANITY* folders where ever the F they wanted to.   So, someone has been trying to kill Poser for a very long time.
Well hey, that carp made me mad and I went on two different tirades over at DAZ.   ONE, got the vanity folder issue killed.  As some vendor, dunno which, started up using a new (then) Libraries\Morphs\nnn folder.  cool.  next was the No MORPHS Made For The Clothes!   Ralf Sesseler to the rescue with Morphing Clothes.   MY answer to all the vendors dodging their responsibility to the paying customer?   Screw em.   

Anywho, issue solved!  Thanks!

Offline OFW

• Victorian Woman
  • Sponsors
  • High Roller
« Reply #216 on: October 15, 2019, 03:54:03 PM »
I have a couple versions of DS installed, for emergency conversions and the like.  I do NOT have that blasted "CMS" and the other damnable thingie installed at all.   They work ok with the OLD file system, actually.   The one i cut me teeth on frankly.
Need an older DS version installer files?   I can start at ds 0.9.7.8 ?   DS 1.3, 5, 7, 8 ??  or DS 2.nn(13 versions), or DS 3.0 'regular', not Advanced (Paid), then there is 4.0 up thru 4.20.   Yeah, thats a bunch of em.   Is it even legal to send out those files?   I dunno!   If it ain't, then I can't send.  Oops.   but, these are for a FREE program?   Hmmm.

hehe yeah, we've been having this whole conversation in the background.  I'm still working on reinstalling programs after I had to do a factory reset this weekend, but I'll know shortly if DAZ is going to play nice, now...if not, I'm covered on several fronts, but I thank you for your offer! 
I've got s/n's going back to 2.*  Missed the first two iterations, but I have been in the game awhile.  Just don't have any installers.  I got smart this time and everything is going on externals that are dedicated solely to the task of holding my 3D software, install files and runtimes.
George Bernard Shaw

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #217 on: October 18, 2019, 04:44:12 AM »
Well there ya GO!   Yeah, I had to learn the hard way, the whole nine yards!   LOL!

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #218 on: October 24, 2019, 10:44:58 AM »
I don't have the first DS I ever downloaded, in 2004.  But I used that, learning stuff as I went in alt.binaries.3d.poser.   Then, in 2006, I broke down and bought Poser 5, but what they sent when I downloaded it was the brand new Poser 6.   Well that was fine with me!  Free instant upgrade eh!   LOL!
It crashed often on my system, so I was still using DS a lot at the same time.   Later, there were system upgrades, etc.  Things got much better over time.   No worries.  :o)

Offline OFW

• Victorian Woman
  • Sponsors
  • High Roller
« Reply #219 on: November 02, 2019, 04:38:40 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm a long term Poser user and loved PP14.  Just a little background - I am now using a Mac and decided today to bite the bullet and purchase the full copy of PP11.2 for Mac. Installed OK but I've been struggling all afternoon with a couple of things.
1) Previously I had all my runtime on an external drive. With the licenced download given me after my purchase I wanted to put it into my external drive (newly set up for my mac), I have my runtimes separate, eg horse, V4, dragons, etc.
I named the external Poser, and the tree for horse (for example) is Runtime Horse/Runtime/Hivewire Horse/ and under that I have the folders geometries, libraries, etc. I downloaded to a temporary folder and copied and pasted everything accordingly.
When I went into Poser and clicked 'add library' it wouldn't find it, says the runtime is incorrectly named and no matter what different combinations I used - same result.
I'm sure it is an easy fix but maybe my nose is too close and I can't see.
Would any of you kind people be able to help me please.
Also I'm fairly new to Mac OS whereas with windows I could go in anywhere and manipulate to my own desire.

Been awhile since I used my MAC to try and run Poser and Mary might be able to answer this better, but I suspect that because your original external was formatted for windows, you MAC cannot read it.  Rather than being a Poser issue, this is most likely an operating system incompatibility issue.  If that is the case, unfortunately, your only option is to redownload all of your files and reset them up on externals that have been formatted for MAC OS.
George Bernard Shaw