thelufias

2024 May 12 08:16:47
 :mom4: To All The Moms

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Radkres

2024 May 06 06:11:19
is it getting any better?  :coffeemaker:

vash99

2024 May 05 10:56:57
i tried during the infusion it didnt help

Radkres

2024 May 05 02:50:17
Have You Tried a Warm Compress  to see if that helps?

vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

thelufias

2024 May 04 09:23:33
It's SATURDAY MORNING...Cartoon time with Marvin the Martian

thelufias

2024 May 04 08:24:32
I use to use Ice Packs to lesson the pain and swelling. Worked well.

vash99

2024 May 03 11:29:10
had chemo today this time the iv went into my hand so now my hand and arm hurts as a result of the chemo i can't wait till this is done

Fafnir

2024 May 03 06:33:28
 :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 May 02 09:17:51
It's a Rainy May Day in May..A good day for :java:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Can We Keep Him? © Sydneykeys

TOTW

Soccertods Netherlands © Pommerlis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 100013
  • Total Topics: 12320
  • Online Today: 1080
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Holiday Freebies 2021  (Read 972 times)

Offline CathyY

• Taking Root
Holiday Freebies 2021
« on: November 27, 2021, 08:03:31 PM »
Hi everyone. 

I've done some freebies for Christmas, but I feel like I'm leaving a lot of people out.  All of my graphics are Christmas related.
Could you help me out with ideas for other December holidays and graphics I could use for them.
I know that Chanukah is in there and I can use dreidels, menorahs and the Star of David.  Are there any other images I could use?
All I know about Kwanzaa is that it's about African-American culture.  So I can use all the help I can get on that one.
Are there any other holidays I don't even know about?  If there are, please let me know.  I don't want to leave anyone out.   :ty01:

Offline MilosGulan

• GameRanger
  • Working It
Re: Holiday Freebies 2021
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 03:23:19 AM »
I will try to help but we do it a bit differently in my region, that is Balkan (north of Italy), and my countries and that is Serbia, Montenegro and also Bosnia and Hercegovina. I will skip the part about 2 Christmases :xmas11: it blends into 1 I guess in the New Year. Beside usual decorations, we have more traditional that is used for Orthodox Christmas. We use Young oak trees like Christmas tree (we call it badnjak), traditionaly it is brought from woods and at the Christmas eve we make a fire out of it,... Now there are some other decorations too, but we mostly make Christmas decorations from Laurel wreaths and oranges. Ok here are links and well my grandad and I used to go to woods and bring small oak trees, though there are lotsof older believes to in it and it is all mixed... I actualy am interested in all that :) Ok here it goes, badnjak or young oak tree that we burn for Christmas tree or just use for decoration, now here is how it is done sometimes by the seaside when laurel is used, and finaly laurel wreath as decoration but most common is with full oranges but I cant find the picture now, and as bonus :) Christmas as we celebrate (7th january) just 1500m behind I have a flat in Belgrade, to the left is a chirch dedicated to St . Sava I was baptized and to the right is now biggest temple in the Balkan, when my grandad was in army in Belgrade around 1930 they started to build it but as things got complicated it was stopped and I think 1990 they continued the work. Now it is almost finished, and inside is nicely done though it is very large  :merryxmas: :xmas10: I am hoping that I was not boring, I could say few words of how thingslook like here by the seaside but oh well... I might do it some other time, things are a bit strange lately due to Corona and other changes. Here are some pictures of how it looks inside btw, a bit strange mix of older architecture and newer double glass doors :) Going to study now, this week will be critical, if I can make it all things are almost over. Just need to do one more midterm paper till next saturday  :ifonly: :worried?:
Dreams don't work unless You do...

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 07:03:02 AM »
I'm only thinking about Yule, which is around December 21st and is a celtic celebration.
Check FRM for great products

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 09:08:09 PM »
anniemotions says Saturnalia?

Saturnalia was an ancient Roman festival and holiday in honour of the god Saturn, held on 17 December of the Julian calendar and later expanded with festivities through to 23 December. WikipediaCelebrations: Feasting, role reversals, gift-giving, gamblingSignificance: Public festivalObservances: Public sacrifice and banquet for the god Saturn; universal wearing of the Pileus
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Offline CathyY

• Taking Root
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 06:47:42 PM »
Thank you all for the ideas.
I'll be adding a yule log Aelin.
MilosGulan:  First of all, good luck on your midterms!  That church is absolutely beautiful.  I tried my hardest, but couldn't find a decent graphic with the laurel wreath.  I did find a couple of graphics for the Badnjak.  Are these alright?