thelufias

2024 May 12 08:16:47
 :mom4: To All The Moms

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Radkres

2024 May 06 06:11:19
is it getting any better?  :coffeemaker:

vash99

2024 May 05 10:56:57
i tried during the infusion it didnt help

Radkres

2024 May 05 02:50:17
Have You Tried a Warm Compress  to see if that helps?

vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

thelufias

2024 May 04 09:23:33
It's SATURDAY MORNING...Cartoon time with Marvin the Martian

thelufias

2024 May 04 08:24:32
I use to use Ice Packs to lesson the pain and swelling. Worked well.

vash99

2024 May 03 11:29:10
had chemo today this time the iv went into my hand so now my hand and arm hurts as a result of the chemo i can't wait till this is done

Fafnir

2024 May 03 06:33:28
 :c-cat:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Can We Keep Him? © Sydneykeys

TOTW

Soccertods Netherlands © Pommerlis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 100022
  • Total Topics: 12320
  • Online Today: 1083
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Modeling in Anim8or  (Read 21261 times)

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
Re: Modeling in Anim8or
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2016, 03:46:51 PM »
Hexagon is a resource hog. Therefore you have to save often if you don't want to lose your work. Preferably every time you do a new operation if it renders okay and looks like what you were expecting and your meshes are okay. That seems to be the only way around the crashing thing.

What about Blender? It's free and does a lot more than Anim8tor or Hexagon. Still works on the same principles Hex does but isn't a resource hog. And you can get compatibility to you system with Blender as far as I know.

Online Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2016, 03:53:42 PM »
No, for what i read, many people have difficulties to work with Blender. And i don't know completly how work with Hexagon. So facility and less Mo on computer are good. If really i understand how do that i want, and not shapes non expected. I leave me the week to decide between Hexagon and Anim8or: which stays on computer and which goes only on external.
You know, i taken Sculptris too, but to work with.... :thud:
Check FRM for great products

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2016, 03:56:27 PM »
Have only used Blender twice but we do like it extensively

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • Working It
    • ShareCG
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2016, 11:05:34 AM »
Blender is very different to people in the US because it isn't English based software. Most people in the US are use to left mouse button controls whereas Blender is right mouse button controls. Other than that, it is just like any other modeling package.

I don't want to sound like a snob, but I know there are those who would disagree with my comments concerning packages like Hexagon and Sculptris, but the simple fact that I don't really care what they think remains intact!

I wouldn't comment on a subject I know nothing about! So take it for what it's worth!

Hexagon best serves those who work in D|S because it is geared to work with Daz content! That is one of the reasons Daz purchased the source code for it years ago! They wanted a modeler package that would work with their beloved D|S!

Sculptris is meant to be used alongside Zbrush as an advanced sculpting tool for greater detail in generated maps! It WAS NOT MEANT to be a stand-alone modeler!!!! End of story!!!!! Those who disagree with this should bother reading the first page in the download section on their site!

Anim8or is the least complex modeling package that I know of...it is perfect for the beginner who wants to learn the ropes in modeling from scratch! NOT altering pre-made meshes like Hexagon and the likes!

Anything else kiddies? Well then, there you have it!
 :java:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2016, 04:47:08 PM »
Didn't know that about Sculptris but that is ever so nice to know as I got that installed on the new system.
Ran into one glitch on the system or I would already have it home and begin the dialing in and tinkering with the packages.

Oh, the glitch ... the SATA cable to the docking station on top was defective and I have to order another ... :thud: other then that the beast which I call Stormbringer is ready to lock and load.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2016, 05:11:56 PM »
Didn't know that about Sculptris but that is ever so nice to know as I got that installed on the new system.
Ran into one glitch on the system or I would already have it home and begin the dialing in and tinkering with the packages.

He's said that about Sculptris several times now. And it IS right there on their website. It is not a stand-alone modeling application.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2016, 05:39:33 PM »
We have so many things going on in my head it is not surprising that I miss or forget details of this nature.

Just installed it and have not read the read-me yet on it so yes ignorant I still am as to its capabilities and cannot wait till I get the last little details completed so I can begin the dial in

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2016, 07:27:35 PM »
We have so many things going on in my head it is not surprising that I miss or forget details of this nature.

Just installed it and have not read the read-me yet on it so yes ignorant I still am as to its capabilities and cannot wait till I get the last little details completed so I can begin the dial in

Good luck with that!  :java: