Chat Room

What's Up

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Radkres

2024 May 06 06:11:19
is it getting any better?  :coffeemaker:

vash99

2024 May 05 10:56:57
i tried during the infusion it didnt help

Radkres

2024 May 05 02:50:17
Have You Tried a Warm Compress  to see if that helps?

vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

thelufias

2024 May 04 09:23:33
It's SATURDAY MORNING...Cartoon time with Marvin the Martian

thelufias

2024 May 04 08:24:32
I use to use Ice Packs to lesson the pain and swelling. Worked well.

vash99

2024 May 03 11:29:10
had chemo today this time the iv went into my hand so now my hand and arm hurts as a result of the chemo i can't wait till this is done

Fafnir

2024 May 03 06:33:28
 :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 May 02 09:17:51
It's a Rainy May Day in May..A good day for :java:

thelufias

2024 May 01 07:22:42
Another day...Another coffee :java: Ahhhhh

thelufias

2024 Apr 29 02:19:21
I thought I said good morning to you earlier on Milos..If not..GOOD MORNING

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Dragon Dreams © RainbowGypsy

TOTW

Mouse Police Dark Sci Fi © Noshoba

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99921
  • Total Topics: 12317
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

A board dedicated to all things "Anime" and "Manga" live within this cell, um I mean room. Have a nice day!

Ghost Diving, by TheSchell

Author Topic: Anime/Animation Creation  (Read 3981 times)

Offline cougarmadcat

Re: Anime/Animation Creation
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2019, 09:40:53 PM »

Please be advised that I tried to make this all a nice 12 pt but the formatting is giving me a boot in the rump. /fallsdead
 :java:
Ha! I found the tea drinker. Now I can say things :)

CalieVee 
I took my course because I wanted to become an animator. It seemed like the purrfect profession for me and I probably would have gotten through everything if I had put more effort into the course instead of wasting it on a jerk of a boyfriend and fighting dental issues. However, that's all behind me and I can say that classical animation was one of the most important endeavors of my life. It taught me so much. If you would ever like some help or to discuss more about classical animation then I'm always around. Yell at me :confet: and I'll run to chat. I love talking about animation.You are correct that the two, 2D and 3D animation are very much connected. It was very difficult at first when I went through animation due to people believing that 3D was not going to go far in years yet it blasted through everything anyone ever imagined (and I'm going to age myself here crumbs) when ReBoot and Beast Wars came on to the scene. Lots of people say that it was all about Shrek that started the 3D animation revolution but that is for movies. ReBoot was well before Shrek aired in 1994; however, was in the process and shown to my class back in 1988. Shrek aired in 2001. The story was made by an 83 year old in 1990 but I do don't know when Dreamworks bought the rights to make it into a movie.

I am glad that it will mostly be done with Daz as that is the one I play with. I've gotten some animation going with it but not a lot. I could do animation with a lot of other processes too. Clay, paper cutouts, etc etc. It is a lot of fun learning the main workings of the field. Stretch and squash is dealt with in 3D as well but you do not see it as much and most of it does not rely on the extremes that are used much more in 2D than 3D animation. For instance, stretch can be considered as when a character is going to jump. You put the effort into the motion of each part of the leg and foot to extenuate the process right down to the toes. However, that all depends on the speed in which you want the filmed action to take.

ANIME! Now that is a HUGE topic with people especially when you don't know where it started and what it has been doing. Japanese animators have always done much better with the technicalities of robots, robot ships and so forth than North Americans. In fact, they have been incorporating 3D into their shows for a lot longer than people actually realize. What people really do not notice is that what they are reacting to is that now the 3D is not being hidden. It is coming directly to the forefront or they use rotoscoping and no one realizes what it is thinking it is 3D animation. It is so much fun!
dRaCX / thelufias
Anime is one of my favorite topics and I believe that one of the main reasons that people think of hentai and rapists is not only due to the girly voices and actions to major character but the fact that they do have a lot of sexual based animation. They used to, and still are in many cases, viewed as the animation producers of the most molestation and rape scenes by plants than anywhere else. Uh. Yeh.The thing is that they do have those kinds of anime which is why for the longest time and even now there is trouble getting their work over to North America.

CalieVeeyou are so right about the treatment of women, as well as the treatment of them in anime, being made as second class citizens. It is more than that though. I have watched quite a few info-videos regarding science involved around anime characters and one of the things that make the voices interesting to many is the big eyes and the girlish voices as during sex, apparently, women's eyes seem larger and their voices become more child like. It's something I saw don't blame me.
There are many anime I've seen that if you ignore the voices or pretend that they are as CalieVee said then you are fine to watch them. I have watched quite a bit. Just please oh please do not ask me about Goku or that kid with the headband. I never followed them. Now Ranma !/2 - that I followed.Sorry gang, I went overboard but this is one of my favorite topics and I'm looking forward to see what you have going for it and talking with you more about animation and helping with information if you wish! :mwah: :java: :java: :java:

PS - Fixed up due to issues with formatting. Tried to fix it about 6 times. I give up. Sorry for the screwy formatting.

Offline cougarmadcat

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2019, 09:58:26 PM »
The last post before my latest one was in May. I'm going to just drink my tea and play dead.

Online CalieVee

• SuperCaliefreebeelister
  • 1000 Grand Roller
  • Faeryl Womyn
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2019, 07:22:02 PM »
LOL no need to play dead. I finish my last radiation treatment tomorrow and then go home. Since everything was paid for, I was actually able to save some money and buy Animate2, which is what I needed to save animations and have certain other options. I should be able to start getting the video's done now, as things with my cancer are finally starting to slow down.
In the meantime...WP Guru has a couple video's you can check, his animations were done only in Daz.

Online CalieVee

• 1000 Grand Roller
  • Faeryl Womyn
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2019, 07:22:21 PM »

Online CalieVee

• 1000 Grand Roller
  • Faeryl Womyn
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2020, 09:40:10 PM »
Well I'm back on this topic. Sorry for the delay.
I finally have a microphone and a good one at that. My son just bought himself a Yeti (he finally got a job and has even been helping more with food and items, he's so generous) (just need to knock him on the head when it comes to his attitude...lol), so he gave me his snowball mic to use. He finally moved out, so less stress between us and we are getting along better now.
I wish I could say I have a newer and better computer now, however thanks to covid and my countries government, everyone's finances are in upheaval. Don't think that's going to change any time soon.
Anyway, I am refreshing my memory about recording so I can start uploading video's. Going to start with a series of short one's about Daz itself and how to use all those options my old computer lets me use without groaning at me...lol
My Discord now has two servers, one for fun and one strictly for 2d and 3D and Animation. Will post links to that and YouTube as soon as I start uploading, probably shortly after the holiday, since even I have to get ready for Christmas...all homemade this year.
Courgarmadcat...I could definitely use your help at some point, there are things about animating in Daz I seem to be a tad dense about lol.

Online CalieVee

• 1000 Grand Roller
  • Faeryl Womyn
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2021, 01:45:47 PM »
Another update...I got a newer computer, I say newer cause it's not brand new, it's second hand, but it's new to me..lol, it even has an nvidia 650 graphics card, so less headaches if iray comes into play. At the moment the computer is vacationing in the shop, so currently stuck on my dinoputer till it's fixed. lol

CougarMadcat...just aheads up with regards to animating in Daz, it's strongly advised to save your animation out as images and not an mp4. I see two very good reasons to follow this. The first is if Daz or your computer crashes, if done according to images, it will pick up where it left off, where as if saving as an mp4 you have to start all over again. The second reason is to remove identical images, thereby reducing the wear and tear on your computer when finally rendering it out, after putting them together. As to what that would so to the speed of a scene, that can be adjust in the program you use to bring in those images.

Da Vinci Resolve is one program I highly recommend. They have a free version that is fully packed and you don't even need to upgrade, ever. The program has been used by the TV and movie and music industry for years and is a go to choice for many production companies. With this program, you can bring in your images and/or video's and edit them, create or edit audio, add sfx, all kinds of things. On that newer computer of mine, a one minute video took 5 minutes to render out, so that should give you an idea of time frames. I also found the program easy to use and did not eat resources on my computer like some can.

Film Riot is a film making company, who have actually worked on films. They have this to say about Da Vinci. The only restrictions he is talking about have to do with companies and their pipeline for productions. As for someone like me, no restricts I have found so far.

Casey Farris has some great beginner tutorials and he tends to make new one's if there are big changes to the program. He currently has a 4 part series about all the section of the free version of the program. I recommend those, however if you want a crash course, then you can watch this video.