Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99673
  • Total Topics: 12311
  • Online Today: 819
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 172496 times)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #3860 on: December 09, 2023, 06:26:07 PM »
Well, that was an interesting meeting so to speak ... the downside is that place was way more noisy than I had expected.

In other words I have reached that age where what used to be not loud enough is now painful to the ears ... :thud:

Didn't see that coming

Anyway, it has been proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that I suck when it comes to driving go-karts. My goodness it was certainly way more complicated than I thought it would be, and considering that I am at the top end of the scale in length I found that my foot was on the damn brake pedal more than off which makes for an crazy driving experience to say the least.

Don't get me wrong the place was nice and the meeting cool, plus a free meal but the noise level was more than I cared for, then driving home showed me in no uncertain terms as to why I do not go out at night, let alone in tourist traps areas .. :rat-atat: was the attitude I had when I started ... and then seeing it was not going to get any better I just called it done and dealt with the rubbish.

Not bad but since I have been sedentary for the last several centuries ... I mean decades .... it was a bit of a shock for my system.

Meanwhile, managed to get through the last nights of class and :yippee: they all passed with no difficulty ... granted some were still in the high 70's for a final grade which does not make me happy ... however they did pass and that is a good thing.

The downside was today I think i met my first "Karen" was at the bookstore and oh my goodness there were not enough cashiers, and where is your manager and can you get more help to the cashier area .... seriously "BITCH" does it really matter how soon you can get checked out and pay ... you are not a first responder that has to get rolling, which even if you were you would not be away from your vehicle and out of uniform. Plus, what does it matter how long it takes since the line was moving at a normal pace, considering folks are asking questions and also buying gift cards .... You are not going to get a cookie for getting checked out in "x-number" of minutes.

Good grief people just "CHILL OUT"

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #3861 on: December 10, 2023, 02:04:12 PM »
PSA if you are going to be an idiot and pull out in front of me on the road you had better drive ... because if I have to hit my brakes because of your stupidity I am going to be all kinds of an asshole

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #3862 on: December 11, 2023, 02:42:56 AM »
After a few dozen time of that in a month, I just gave up any good expectation and defensively adopted the There WILL be some jerk pulling off the On Ramp right in front of me so EXPECT it, and that made nearly clobbering them with a smile easier!  Heh!

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #3863 on: December 11, 2023, 02:46:38 AM »
GUYS!  Radkres's Fatal Statistics page shows that of all the electrically related fatalities, 15.15% of them are ELECTRICIANS!  GAH!   Shows the old addage is so right:
There are Old Electricians
There are Bold Electricians
There are NO Old Bold Electricians.
WORD

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #3864 on: December 11, 2023, 03:53:22 AM »
After a few dozen time of that in a month, I just gave up any good expectation and defensively adopted the There WILL be some jerk pulling off the On Ramp right in front of me so EXPECT it, and that made nearly clobbering them with a smile easier!  Heh!

Yeah I am at that point also, I expect them to do stupid shit ... and I have certainly not been disappointed

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Attic Icon
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #3865 on: December 11, 2023, 05:46:44 AM »
As My Pastor says There are People Who have the God Given Gift to Push Your Buttons! 

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #3866 on: December 11, 2023, 07:28:18 AM »
Man I think someone needs to have a talk with your Pastor!   :glittery: :xmas5: :ny-fathertime:

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Attic Icon
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #3867 on: December 11, 2023, 09:25:55 AM »
 :pweez: Well one Time He was Talking to God and Said "Lord if You want me to Stop for Donuts You will Get me a Parking spot right in Front of the Store!" "On the Eighth Time Around There Was!"  :ny-fathertime:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #3868 on: December 17, 2023, 11:19:30 AM »
Well, no surprise here went to follow up medical exam and she wants to run more tests. Sounds like they are more for baseline details then something wrong, since I'm not complaining about anything  ... well medically related .... actually knowing my luck :shrug:

Anyway tis most fun as the exams are on either side of the Christmas holiday. What a charming way to spend the Christmas holiday.

Whatever will happen next

Oh that is right heard a truck yesterday while by the front door and saw a flash of the brown and yellow of a UPS truck ... whatever ... looked out the window and saw the truck pull away and then noticed that something was on my chair that I have on my front stoop.
Turns out to be a package address to me ... um ... I haven't ordered anything that would require a UPS delivery.

Turns out it was from work and it was a shipment of Omaha Steaks .... :thud: certainly did not see that coming at all.

My freezer is pissed off at me like nothing else ... it was just full before, now it is overflowing.

Mostly beef with a couple of oddball things tossed in, dessert stuff and a side dish .. Bottom line there is enough steaks/hamburger patties in there for a meal a day for damn near a month ... WTF

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #3869 on: December 21, 2023, 06:03:36 AM »
Now for more fun and games.

I have to take training classes and such for several of the customer sites to keep my credential active and or valid.

Well, the airport is due, however I had forgotten just how involved that is ... in other words by the time I was done with the training classes it was a "there is two hours of my life I will never get back" ... :sigh: ... moment

The real annoying part is that there are an equal or greater number of them to take for the day job, including some that are just "in my opinion" pencil breaking, paper pushing desk jockey's purview ... not so much me ... I install and maintain I damn sure do not try and sell to customers a darn thing :shrug: what ever as mentioned there is another lord knows how many more hours of my life I will never get back

And for a dab of icing we now have to do a training class for one of the hospitals we do work for, to add insult to injury we were out there yesterday installing a new MedCom radio .... get finished go downstairs to instruct the charge nurse and the first words out of her mouth was that is not where we want it ... :thud: sorry about your luck you will have to talk to your IT people and the HMFIC to get it moved.

The fun part the HMFIC said that the nurse manager wants it there and that emails were sent out on the topic ... again :shrug: