Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99676
  • Total Topics: 12311
  • Online Today: 819
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 172500 times)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #2710 on: August 28, 2021, 03:35:39 PM »
I find it most comical, then again I guess saying that the "so called" president should be tried for treason and hanged if or when convicted.

They seemed to be upset by that ...

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2711 on: August 28, 2021, 03:42:23 PM »
Well, here is another one for the cuckoo's nest.

Most if not all of my breathing problems have disappeared and or lessened in severity.

Rain, low pressure systems and so forth no longer affects me.

Which makes me think that my quaint little half dead appendix created a host of problems that are now clearing since it has been removed. I am feeling better and even more crazy is the concept of having dropped 7# granted it has leveled out and I am not losing any more which makes me :sad:

Would love to see more go away, but it is a start.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Offline rrkknight3

• Sir Knight
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #2712 on: August 28, 2021, 06:02:03 PM »
I'm very glad to hear that you're better, J.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2713 on: August 28, 2021, 06:54:21 PM »
Well, it looks like the other instructor will be back at it next week. I provided him with an update of attendance, grades and so forth and got a reply asking what was this weeks intention and a big thank you for taking care of the class for him.

Calling that a win ...

New wrinkle at work, went with my senior tech and the intention was to get the volume for the tone alerts fixed at Station #12 however after swapping out the amp and tweaking the settings it was no better then before which means :OMFG: deeper problems, possibly a short or open in one of the lines to a speaker or twixt a speaker and volume control ... :sigh: that is going to take quite some time to track down to say the least.
And since me and the tech have to go out to Reedy Creek and inventory, auto tune and program all their radios for the next two weeks. Looks like the mobile techs at some point are going to have some little fun .... in theory ... we will see if they go out or not. Granted they just had a whole week of installs but I do not know what their upcoming week has on tap.

So much fun on the boards ...

Why is that, well just found out that the FHGB is getting a kick ... in other words since he pays more attention to the damn Federal contract then to his commercial customers. He is getting transferred to being a Federal ST which means no more interaction with us in the shop.

:ummm: Sort of interesting because that leaves us short a PM for commercial projects and it is also surmised that the other bench tech that got training for public safety systems and has been following the system techs for the last two weeks, might be transferred to the county system.

Why, because we are soon going to be responsible for two other Federal sites that the shop in Lakeland will no longer be taking care of ... :thud: Which means one of the county techs will be moved to doing that only and since we are under contract to have three tech on board minimum ....

Makes one think that we are going to be short another person in the shop. Which means that I too am also baffled by what the hell is up ... because let us think for a couple three moments, a senior bench tech, two mobile installers that can barely do a commercial infrastructure installs and me.

Granted I am sort of trained to repair radios and can tweak templates and code plugs, plus can sort of do quotes for review. Then there is the concept that I will be on the call out roster for commercial systems and there is all sort of support work that is mostly the dull and boring crap of mostly numbers .... I have an affinity for that type of work and numbers do not phase me.

Just found out that I no longer have to look up model number for the radios .. familiarity :iminnocent: ... I can remember a 13 digit sequence for multiple models of radios :sigh:

Good grief what is wrong with me

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2714 on: August 28, 2021, 06:54:37 PM »
I'm very glad to hear that you're better, J.

Thank you good sir

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2715 on: August 29, 2021, 07:31:25 AM »
Oh forgot to reiterate the ability to do commercial installs with little to no thought or effort on my part. Guess my earlier 20 years of electrical installation experience might be responsible. Then once you add in another 10 doing radio installs it does become quite simple. :iminnocent: :shrug: What can one say each of us here has mad crazy abilities at something, this is mine.

At any rate this is making my head hurt .... ye ole leprechaun is on vacation in Scotland until the middle of September and there seems to be at least two or more changes in duties for us and yet no new staff .... than again any new staff although needed makes one nervous regarding job security. Especially considering my age group.

One would think or hope, that one would not throw people to the curb just because retirement is a factor.

Oh, just found out that the Nitro test and development racks that I have in the shop are now being moved from our shop back to Elgin. :thud: Good grief, got it up and running smoothly plus looking good and now they are pulling it out. Oh, the random excuse is that it is going to be too big for our shop to handle it. :thud: Apparently the Nitro brand is going to be growing rather rapidly and will be more then we can handle .... doubt it
Methinks that they are unaware of our abilities and what our shop can do ... ah well, their loss.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2716 on: August 29, 2021, 01:47:21 PM »
Oops, forgot the most entertaining part coming up, the reprogramming push that is to start tomorrow is pushed out a day ... yep they still don't have the template sorted out :tearlaugh:

Why am I laughing well, they have been working on this template for at least the last two months that I am aware of ... :thud: ... then again what do I know about writing templates. I do well with commercial templates, so I have naught to say when compared to public safety templates. Since I have never done one of them, I do know they are quite a bit more complicated but that is about all. Only know how to program with an existing template not modify them or write one from scratch.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2717 on: August 29, 2021, 03:49:23 PM »
 :tearlaugh: There might be hope for me after all. Ye ole grandfathers clock stopped chiming and striking the hours.

First clue was obviously the outside weights were not dropping, well got a chance to do research and found out several things and although I do believe that I will be buying some proper clock oil to give it a proper oiling since in theory they are to get oiled about every three to five years.

Oh by the way we have a true grandfathers clock that works with weights and a pendulum, not batteries :puah:

I was able to find out a couple of things such as I overwound the darn thing. Well, learned how to release the chain and get the weight to drop, past the overwound point. Moved the hands on the clock and after a couple of false starts it now chimes on the 1/4 hour as intended and strikes on the hour.

Granted not certain if it will continue to play nice, but I got something fingered out on my own .... calling that a win :woohoo:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #2718 on: August 31, 2021, 05:30:09 AM »
1- True Grand Fathers Clock = the OLD Worlds *OLD* adage of "Yanking your chain" or I bet ya already knew that one!  LOL!   And here I wuz thinking it was yanking the DOGS chain.  Heh!

2- l am very glad you're doing so much better man!    And just flip em off when they (orrifice) try to force you to do that which you are not supposed to do!

3- the whateveritwas did not *FAZE* you.   You are never IN phase bro!  LOL!

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2719 on: August 31, 2021, 05:37:46 PM »
Yep, being in PHASE is ever so paralyzing dull, boring, tedious and commonplace, :tearlaugh: