Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99679
  • Total Topics: 12311
  • Online Today: 819
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 172508 times)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #2170 on: March 15, 2021, 06:19:52 PM »
Well, learned something new about computer maintenance.

Been having random programs go into the "not responding" mode and raising the irritation levels of me. Was shown a command prompt that actually fixed the issue.

sfc /scannow

That prompt found several on the work laptop and it finally stopped being a severe pain in my gluteus maximus

Was so pleased by it I did the same thing to my home systems.

Well, first thing I had to do was go in administrator mode and then reboot as there was apparently an unapplied update that had to be completed first.

Bottom line once I got past all of that and ran the command line, no problems were found, so the reboot that I was unaware of fixed a multitude of hidden problems.

:yippee:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2171 on: March 15, 2021, 06:21:18 PM »
That would blow them all away to say the least, along with the coordinator and the employers who also get a copy of the progress report :heeheehee:

I love calligraphy

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2172 on: March 15, 2021, 07:32:15 PM »
Well, had one of those days that makes one think we should have stayed home and read books instead ... although if I had done that I guess what happened today would not have been averted ... just delayed.

Got to work this morning and thought naught of it, till later the OL (office lady) said my truck was leaking all over the bay floor.

Again thought naught of it, just said that it was marking its spot. :tearlaugh:

Went out and looked and ... oops ... at least it looked like water or maybe antifreeze.

So drove it to ye ole repair shoppe and yep the verdict was returned, no it wasn't a broken hose or fitting ... of course not it never is anything simple, easy or inexpensive, it was the water pump.

:sigh:

Thank goodness it is a company vehicle and covered. Although I am thinking the people that approve repairs might want to get some basic automotive concepts under their belt.

The mechanic told me later when I picked up my truck said they called back twice, not once but twice and asked the same question "Was the repair/replacement of the water pump necessary?"

:thud:  Seriously :thud:

What did you think I just wanted it replaced because ... oh I don't know, I didn't like the color ... :whatthe: ... morons

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Attic Icon
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #2173 on: March 15, 2021, 11:29:41 PM »
Had a Water Pump Snap off and was hanging from the hose But the engine never got hot o.O

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2174 on: March 16, 2021, 04:52:16 AM »
I am never that fortunate

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2175 on: March 16, 2021, 06:02:27 AM »
Well, this should be cute, got a drawing yesterday of how they want to configure the testing rack that I am building.

Pretty much all that I have already done is wrong.

Well, truth be told I wasn't told anything when I started so I did suspect it was not going to be even close, but I didn't expect to see what I am seeing on the detail ... :shrug: ... no big deal it is not like I had anything cabled up so no foul there, my grounding solution is useless going forward though ... whatever :sigh: darn and I thought I had a pretty good trick going on there.

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #2176 on: March 16, 2021, 07:20:46 AM »
imagine the expressions of the students recieveing Caligraphic reports.
8 )
Imagine the expression at the secretariat, and the one by the director and his first hand when we received a full calligraphied letter at the beginning of 2020. Three pages! And the guy had even written the same letter to 2 other branches of the administration. Not just copies, he wrote them a second and third time, we could see little difference between letters.
Check FRM for great products

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2177 on: March 16, 2021, 09:56:04 AM »
Imagine the expression at the secretariat, and the one by the director and his first hand when we received a full calligraphied letter at the beginning of 2020. Three pages! And the guy had even written the same letter to 2 other branches of the administration. Not just copies, he wrote them a second and third time, we could see little difference between letters.

Awesome :thumb_up:

Offline rrkknight3

• Sir Knight
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #2178 on: March 16, 2021, 10:01:26 AM »
Sorry Sir Knight, I am usually more resilient than I showed everyone a while ago.   I find out tomorrow morning what my scalpel happy podiatrist wants to do to me.   And whether I get up and walk out of and away from the VA Medical care or not.
It's not a problem for me at all.  I want you to know that you are in my prayers every day for improved health, particularly your feet.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2179 on: March 16, 2021, 04:37:18 PM »
Got the copy of the x-rays of ye ole lungs and opened them up on the computer and about had to be resuscitated.

Looking at it and seeing about 15% of the left lung is not visible when compared to the right side.

What the unholy hell is this and why is my doctor and the report saying all is good . :ummm:

So had to educate myself on how to read and interpret a chest x-ray.

Turns out the "missing portion" on the left side is actually my heart. :duh:

Yes, folks I have a heart ... I know it is a surprise to me too, since I tested negative for emotions but there it is, properly situated and with no abnormalities ... so there ... :@u:

Couldn't resist :tearlaugh: