Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99678
  • Total Topics: 12311
  • Online Today: 819
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 172501 times)

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #2010 on: November 13, 2020, 09:41:31 PM »
And now look at ya....you made it to FRIIIII-DAAAYYYY!!!!   TGIF!   :woohoo:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #2011 on: November 13, 2020, 09:43:35 PM »
Yippee!   I got my brand new  Defiance Season 1 BluRay set and WestWorld Season 1 BluRay set both in today!   Yaaay!   :woohoo:    Now I can work on getting season 2 of both!

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #2012 on: November 15, 2020, 01:55:53 AM »
Yeah, BluRay HD looks WAY better than every DVD I own.   Specially thru the new (ish!) BluRay player I got last year (WiFi! no network cables!  Just the HDMI!) AND on that neato 40" Sceptre HD television.   Yeah, it's great!    And I want to enjoy all the visual goodies I can while I still CAN.   You feel me?!   Think on it!

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2013 on: November 15, 2020, 04:48:40 PM »
Actually I only had to make it to Wednesday as I had Thursday and Friday off, the changes coming up next year for the PTO is changing drastically.

Once again it is a use it or lose it option and I have till Feb. to burn up over 100 hours or it goes bye-bye. Because the first of the year it changes to Flex PTO.

According to some folks, technically you don't lose it since starting in Feb. one can take however much PTO they want when they want providing the manager says it is fine.

My problem is that we all know how hard it is to get time off to start with because apparently ye ole leprechaun seems to think I am the only one qualified to do certain tasks and I can not take any time off till those tasks are complete.

So it is hard enough to get time off to begin with, which is why I prefer the old version since it would have me taking time off or losing it. Now with the change that just means that unless I pay attention I will not take off enough time during the year.

Lord knows I get cranky when I don't take time off to start with, but with this new version of taking time off, I see myself forgetting even more then I already do ....

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2014 on: November 15, 2020, 05:01:45 PM »
Now the real fun, did the follow up to the stress test on Thursday and supposedly I will live and there is nothing wrong with my heart (which is good) but the fly in the ointment was got a phone call from the boss asking about work that was done at the new site. The system tech claimed that he did the punch down work.

Uh NOT, what actually happened is that according to him they were punched down wrong. Oh how quaint been doing it this way for over nine years and now at long last someone actually says something about it. The work that he did was actually moving alarm points over from what is typically known as an "analog" block to a "digital" block.

Although I have never been told there was a difference between them and to just punch them down one for one. Wow

:thud:

Thanks a lot folks.

At any rate ye ole ... called to have move my time over to compensate for the "change"

Well, it is waiting till Monday since I am off and then when Friday evening rolled around I lost all internet connectivity.

Router died

As one can tell it is all better but it was troubling, although I did get school papers graded without being distracted. So calling that a win.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #2015 on: November 16, 2020, 10:15:02 PM »
so how are your "kids" doing in their class J??   Are there ever girls taking it?

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #2016 on: November 16, 2020, 10:18:30 PM »
You sure got a right to be cranky about the time off problem.   I had that too, and never wangled more than one week off at a time and had to fight to get that.   So, in the end, I got 13 weeks per year paid vacation and it too was use it or lose it with the backup rule of no selling vacation time.  Period.   But the boss tried to demand that I schedule ALL my Vacation time one year in advance.   Horse feathers.   

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Attic Icon
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #2017 on: November 16, 2020, 10:25:12 PM »
I Lost all my vacation at the end of every year. Could not take time off as I was an essential worker with no back up. o.O I used to have Hair!  :woohoo:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #2018 on: November 16, 2020, 10:49:39 PM »
I ended up being the only  Electrician-Mechanic employed there.   They tried to push that onto me, Rad.  Nope.   I went down to the Union Hall and instigated a Union sign up there.   Oh how the company hated that.   Personally, I hated being ripped off.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2019 on: November 17, 2020, 04:32:35 AM »
so how are your "kids" doing in their class J??   Are there ever girls taking it?
As far as a passing grade for the semester they are doing all right.

As for the journeyman mock exam I gave for extra credit, they are going to need to practice practice and practice before they stand for the journeyman 's exam

As in a lot of practice, best grade was a 54 out of 100

When there are girls wanting to become electricians then I have girls in the class, have had three in the last 11 years but one of them dropped out because she was pregnant.

I have seen two in other classrooms so eventually they will either get to me or the other instructor that teaches structured cabling, but since I see them on the nights I teach most likely they will make it in one of my classes if they stick with it ....

participial