Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99687
  • Total Topics: 12311
  • Online Today: 819
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 172536 times)

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Attic Icon
  • "Nullius in verba"
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #1770 on: August 19, 2020, 07:10:27 PM »
Looks Normal to me. :whatthe:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1771 on: August 20, 2020, 05:47:06 AM »
Normal it might be but I have never had a reading that low since I started to check mine here in the house.

Guess I need to have the 1931 version of Dracula playing when I check mine :tearlaugh:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1772 on: August 20, 2020, 05:55:39 AM »
So used the "analog watt meter" to check power out and reflected ... all was good on those fronts even had the dispatch center key it up and still had the same readings as before so sorry can't help you any further.

Some one else can check the freq it is transmitting on, because as far as I am concern I have proper power out and reflected and the dispatch center can key it up so it should be close if not on the proper freq, besides the site has been running for months now, and you are just now thinking a resource is not working ... :whatthe: ... seriously you are a bunch of idiots.

Addendum:

Ye ole boss asked me to get out the service monitor and let us look at what freq it is on that way.

Uh, no I do not carry that on my truck just for the hell of it, besides I am not a system tech nor do I get paid like one so why would I carry a $50K service monitor with me on a regular basis ???? :ummm:

Besides I was to just do inventory up here not troubleshoot the system and or do a system techs job.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #1773 on: August 20, 2020, 06:14:58 AM »
the real question IS... can ya DO the System Tech's job?   Cause managers being what they are, will do their threatening-blackmailing-demanding-coercive-you-do-it-with-half-pay-and-bennies show *IF* you let them...  you ain't the type though, happily!   Look the boss stone cold in the eye and tell him to change your title TO System Tech, Installer, Setter Upper and whatever else and pay you four times current.  Then come tell us what kind of color changes he goes through in front of you ;o)I spent a quarter century under that kind of shit in the steel industry, and I/WE despised the people that 'turned' on US when they got promoted.   I have nothing nice to say at this point, so will shut up now.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1774 on: August 20, 2020, 03:25:00 PM »
Nope not trained to maintain an Astro P25 system at all, can I do some simple basic stuff like read a radio, yes, as I do PM's and programming on "commercial" accounts.

But, yes I did not cave in and bend over backwards to make what he wanted to happen ... happen.

Besides I have come to the conclusion that all this jumping through hoops is to feed his ego and nothing more, so he can look good in the eyes of other project managers.

Sorry, poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

This is more directed at the project managers, since I heard the rest of the back story, they knew about the problem the night before but waited till the afternoon to say anything.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1775 on: August 20, 2020, 07:51:42 PM »
Oh so loving the next couple three days of "work" supposed to go out tomorrow and get the hospital DAS at one facility up and running.

Yeah, can't wait to see how that will play out. I did go out there and look at what was provided to see if it will be possible. Might be possible, not holding my breath.

Then next week we are to bail out another customer that had no clue as to how their radio system works. It do need antennas on the roof, and with construction raising the roof line that means that the antennas will be shadowed and will no longer be "as effective" as in the past.

And then there is a site walk scheduled for Wednesday of next week for not one but three hospitals. :whatthe:

Three sites on one day, granted they are all in the same city, but it is on the coast. The only good news is that I have PTO on Thursday and Friday of net week so if it is incomplete, sorry about your luck. Finger it out

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #1776 on: August 21, 2020, 09:51:29 AM »
Naw  I got family who did not take care of themselves taking around 300 units a meal and ate anything and everything Still Complained about Being Diabetic till the day they died.  :whack:
Yeah, me too.  Most of Dads siblings were diabetic, two were juvenile onset, three were adult onset, and the three that are left aren't diabetic.  Well, Dad passed away (cancer) 10 years ago.    I take the same dose of Lantus I did 9 years ago when I was prescribed it.  Long half life.   For the short half life, I didn't get put on that till 3 years ago.   Novalog.  Mealtime insulin.  I thought I was BAD cause I got up to 22 units for my Base.  Thing is, I don't want to grow up to be like that.   I ain't complaining about being diabetic. That is useless.  It IS part of ME, and that's that.  Unless I want to start losing extremities to excess glucose and swelling, I WILL do better at managing myself, my eating, etc.   Ain't no magic pill to fix it.  Ain't no getting rid of it.  It is me, myself and I.   Humanity is doing better at fixing cancer than we are Diabetes!   (shrugs)  I deal with it, best I can.   The last A1C was 9.6 and I think THAT really is bad.   But even if it is, I still have to do the best I can and keep on living with it!
I just got ordered to stop the "quit eating" idea.   That doesn't work either.   So.   Here I am, stuck in the middle with me!  :)

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #1777 on: August 21, 2020, 10:04:14 AM »
J, there are clearly things about your job that irritate the crap out of you.   Or like you say, this thread wouldn't exist!   It's great to see that you also speak to the things about the job you do like.  And its also great to see you love doing the best work you can see TO do.   That comes across real well with even the pimples that manage the companies that hire y'all to do these jobs. :o)

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #1778 on: August 21, 2020, 10:12:20 AM »
And J, do be really REALLY glad you CAN get out and walk those sites man.    I can't walk much at all now, not since I had that "blowout" on my right foot, right behind my pinkie toe.   It looks like what I called it.  With the doc debriding the wound, it looks kinda like a tractor trailer tire that lost a strip or 'alligator' as the truckers call them.   Well, got to go lie down and elevate a while now.   It's what ya DO, to get swelling down!

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1779 on: August 21, 2020, 05:24:05 PM »
How entertaining at last the doctors office called back a day later. Really, you wanted my BP readings and it took an additional day for you to call back ... well, the good news is that the numbers I gave her (the assistant) were all good according to her and that was with me telling her that the initial first reading according to the device was high, but the ones just before work were in the normal range according to the device.

Once I told her the numbers she was nope those are good.

Well, now how about that then ... indicated that this past week I added more fruit to my daily and that I have started to manage reducing my :sake: intake.

Seemed to be pleased by the news, she was concerned about eating to much fruit as it could change the sugar levels.

Can't win can we ... :thud:

participial