Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99688
  • Total Topics: 12311
  • Online Today: 819
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 172539 times)

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Attic Icon
  • "Nullius in verba"
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #1350 on: May 29, 2020, 06:12:47 PM »
Or Go contract at 150 an hour!  :whatthe:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1351 on: May 29, 2020, 06:40:56 PM »
:heeheehee: Now that is a thought :heeheehee:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #1352 on: June 01, 2020, 12:21:08 PM »
Hi guys!  Jherrith, is there a special thread for our computer builds?    I Pushed da Button on a new build .  The parts start arriving like, tomorrow maybe?   Most through Walmart.com as their prices are the same as the origin will charge me.  So, why not?
Which Ryzen did you get?   Motherboard?   How much ram you put in it?  64g or 128g?  Also, I decided to get the mobo in a chipset they got Win 7 drivers and stuff for.  I MUCH prefer that over 10. 
Oh, Ryzen 7 3700X with Wraith Prism cooler.    32 g DDR4 in 2 DIMMS.  Gigabyte AMD AM4 X570 Elite WiFi mobo.   Plus another 3D NAND SSD, a 2 TB one.   For now, I will use this old case, the 750W PSU, all my SSD's and the SATA BluRay drive.   Just be my luck I missed some tiny detail which will force me to get yet another item.  I mean, that's the way of it, right?  It Is The Way. (Mandalorians!)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1353 on: June 01, 2020, 04:51:23 PM »
You can create a thread of your own in the "Computer Corner" board and go in to details on what you are doing and what parts you are using

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1354 on: June 01, 2020, 07:17:17 PM »
Oh what a wonderful reason to wish for Monday's to go take a long walk on a short pier.

Morning started off with having to wait on the ST to show up with a truck to move the radio racks to their permanent home.

Typically our day starts at 8:00, he doesn't show up at the shop till 8:30 and then it is another half hour before he gets to the site.

The fun part was he calls me to say he is outside at the shop, well whatever I am at the site waiting on you. You need to pick up the cart, plywood and the portable ramps at the shop and com eon over. "uh, where is all of that at?"

Seriously I am thinking, maybe if you open your eyes and go in the bay you might be able to see them as they are all standing there waiting on you. Oh by the way go inside and tell the other two guys it is time to roll.

Some people just require to much supervision and direction in my opinion. Drives me to distraction to say the least, why because the other two guys are more concerned about shooting the  shit instead of getting ready. Oh, I have to program radios for the sale rep, he has a demo later in the day.

When I went in there to tell him that I was going to the site and that they need to be ready when the truck shows up, what do I see, running off at the mouth and working on something totally unrelated. Yep, real important .... whatever ...

:ummm:

Finally get everyone together and at the site to load the truck and the first words out of the ST mouth was, can you back up the truck, I don't think I can, seriously .... what the hell .... finally got the truck in the right direction so the ass end of it was pointing at the door of the site, can't believe he thought that having it pointing the other way was a good thing. If there was a smidgen of a working brain inside of him, I bet he would take it out and play with it.

At this point I realized that I did not bring any ratchet straps to secure the racks to the truck for transport. So left them to work on getting the racks loaded while I got the straps. By the time I got back they had on rack on the truck "wow" about time they got a clue, the only down side is that the left the OP8's on top of the rack. They are not needed at the new site so let us leave them on and create more work once we get there .... :sigh:

Well, at any rate after all of the nonsense trying to get them loaded, tied down we got them transported to the new site. When I first saw it all I have to say is the person who designed the layout needs to be shot, strung up by his toes over a low flame and smacked upside the head multiple times.

Who the hell designs a enclosure with the gate on the opposite side in relation to the front door? Then to make it even more interesting the distance from the fence to the front door, there is a window of about eight foot. And we have to maneuver a 7-1/2 ' rack that weighs about 600 - 700 pounds in the confined space. Then to add insult to the whole drill, there is a pad at the door about another foot up. So not only do we have to get the rack sorted to bring it in the shelter but we have another step to take it over to get it inside.

A**hats

I want one of these genius desk bound paper pushing jockeys to install these damn racks ... they probably wouldn't get it but it would be fun to watch.

I think the thing that really gets me irritated is that he (my boss) pulls all of us off the many projects we all handle to move these damn racks. It would sure be easier if you just hired professional movers. Consider the hourly cost of the four of us versus the cost of pro movers. I am willing to bet there is a cost savings.

Thus ends part one of the morning.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1355 on: June 01, 2020, 07:55:02 PM »
Part two got worse because the whining started to ramp up, ye ole ST was more in the way and did little to nothing to help move the racks inside. Got in the way of moving the plywood to continue leap frogging the sheets to enable to the rack to be moved. The whole yard is gravel so nothing less then plywood enable on to move racks. Just like the same rubbish at Reedy Creek.

Got the racks inside and just got rid of him, since at that point he starts on oh I need cable run from here to there and I need ... at this point I just said get a cable matrix first, then talk to me.

At that point we got started on attaching the racks to the floor. Which was when the ST decided to take the truck back, left half of the moving material there instead of taking it with him. :sigh:

Then the other tech decided that now I am going program the radios I brought with me, :sigh:

So guess that means I have to manhandle the racks where I want them, drill the floor and then bolt the racks down, yes there is a fourth person, but his infrastructure install skills are non-existent. Definitely put him to work on learning how, besides it does take two people to get those racks to move around for installation.

Why they ship these damn things fully built out and then expect puny humans to install them without doing ourselves an injury baffles me. Because the next statement is that you don't have time to unrack them to move them easily and then build it back out.

Anyway manage to get the racks lined up and then drilled and bolted them one by one. The funny part is the other tech whining about the noise from the hammer drill .. asked if he wanted to trade and do the drilling and get close and personal with the lovely racket.

For some reason he declined :tearlaugh:

Got them finished at last. Then started some of the simple cabling and at last said I have had enough, at this time the damn tech asks me to take to the radios back to the shop for the sales rep, the sale rep never came to the shop. :whatthe:

Oh I forget the "cute" part the office lady called saying the UPS that were just checked out might get wet since the skies looked grey, you need to move them ... :ummm: I am moving racks now just pull the garage door down if it gets to that point. So had a second task when I got back to the shop, moving them to the other side of the bay. Oh and let me not forget to mention picking up after the ST who just dropped the moving material in the middle of the walkway.

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Attic Icon
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #1356 on: June 01, 2020, 08:02:23 PM »
Ever Tell You about a Rack install in the middle of a Warehouse and to protect and keep the dust off it they Wrap it in packing saran-wrap! Nice and Air Tight it was!
 :woohoo: 

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1357 on: June 01, 2020, 08:06:08 PM »
The fun part finally got home and what do I get is a phone call from my coordinator for class asking for one more task from me and got all sorts of news as to what is happening with class. Good grief is it going to be interesting to say the least.

Bottom line is in addition to doing the final proofing before I send it out to all the instructors, I am to make up five (5) hand books for the instructors with all the material for the class, including NEC code quizzes.

The good news is I am to buy the notebook, paper and ink for my printer, keep the receipts and we shall reimburse you.

So looks like I still will get one more paycheck for doing the write up for the new textbook.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1358 on: June 01, 2020, 08:18:35 PM »
Ever Tell You about a Rack install in the middle of a Warehouse and to protect and keep the dust off it they Wrap it in packing saran-wrap! Nice and Air Tight it was!
 :woohoo: 

Don't think you have, but it sounds interesting to say the least, wrapped up that tight how long did it last ????

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Attic Icon
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #1359 on: June 01, 2020, 08:24:24 PM »
1 Day!  looked like a Balloon! They kept rebooting it cause it got hot and would shut down for some reason!  :whatthe:

participial