thelufias

2024 May 12 08:16:47
 :mom4: To All The Moms

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Radkres

2024 May 06 06:11:19
is it getting any better?  :coffeemaker:

vash99

2024 May 05 10:56:57
i tried during the infusion it didnt help

Radkres

2024 May 05 02:50:17
Have You Tried a Warm Compress  to see if that helps?

vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

thelufias

2024 May 04 09:23:33
It's SATURDAY MORNING...Cartoon time with Marvin the Martian

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

pic of baby owl © Fafnir

TOTW

What a brilliant idea, my friend! © Nemesis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ April
~Anything Goes~

1st Place:

Amour Florist and Gifts © Launok

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 100152
  • Total Topics: 12324
  • Online Today: 565
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 173953 times)

Radkres and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #3380 on: May 12, 2022, 12:05:36 AM »
Well, it is quite obvious some of my students are hiding their abilities, gave them a mock code exam for extra credit ... neglected to mention it was a "master's exam" and surprise, surprise had several of them that earned over 50 points on the exam.

Had my standard 20+ point range but to have more then one above 50 and even one as high as 65 :whatthe: didn't see that happening.

So interesting to see that I have shall we say some "sleeper students" good to see something of this nature.

They are the next generation of electricians and who knows some will be building the next set of business, education centers, retirement communities and so forth for the future.

I do like to be able to pay things forward and this is one tiny way to do so, and as mentioned it is refreshing to see that some folks are ready to go forth and just need a little encouragement to stay the course.

Right.  So, these that will be holding "Commercial" licenses, are they capable of doing MAINTENANCE and TROUBLESHOOTING in the Industrial Facilities?  Hmmm?   This is the ONE man, that seems to slip through most of the cracks.  This is the ONE that most Industrial Plant Managers like to hire as they are not required to be licensed for In-House Maintenance.  At least, 25 years ago they are not, not in Texas anyways.  THAT is a serious deficiency that needs remedied!  Yeah that means I should have been required to be licensed AND the COMPANY has to pay for the testing/licensing fees.   That's like what, some $300 now or such?   Mere trinket!
That would have forced the 4 year letter from a Master Electrician.   I guess company managers hate this because they are deathly afraid of having to pay out something akin to Union Scale to the ONE employee.   In the end, they did that anyway.  Heh!

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #3381 on: May 12, 2022, 12:46:42 AM »
My knowledge of things Electrician is at least 33% deficient now.   There are things you know and do daily that I can't do.  How droll!    BUT Electricians are constantly gathering in new knowledge as the Edge of Technology keeps right on Moving On!  AND said bits are added to the NEC every dang year.   WW Grainger used to get and send out the NEC updates and addendums whenever they got them.  My company was one of their favorite customers.   All those folks that used to know me all think I died now.  What an awful thing!

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #3382 on: May 13, 2022, 08:56:46 PM »
Well, we are quite annoyed now as we have the dubious pleasure of having to write the final report cards. I know I despise this task each year but it is truly a pain. Especially with the skills shown by the kiddies ... I mean I do understand that you are not familiar with the skills but my goodness one would think that even being unskilled and having practiced that you would be able to complete the hands on exam in the three hours given.

:thud:

Nope

Ah well, I guess someone got their revenge because I had my dermatologist appointment at last this week and boy howdy, I am not certain what or how they did the biopsy on the two areas of interest but it is still "uncomfortable" today.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Attic Icon
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #3383 on: May 13, 2022, 10:06:55 PM »
 :iminnocent: :ifonly: Have You thought that this might be the best for them!? O.o
Put Em Down - Cyanide & Happiness Shorts

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #3384 on: May 14, 2022, 06:38:21 AM »
 :ummm:  Since you put it that way ....

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #3385 on: May 15, 2022, 04:01:15 PM »
How entertaining decided to get a bit more with the rubbish that folks seem to think that they cannot live without.

Yep got me a sound bar; a 5.1 to be precise.

Still using my standard 32" flat screen a stand alone Blu-ray player. Decided to finally upgrade since I got a new entertainment center, for free. It is made of solid wood and not that press board crap, so took the neighbor up on it. Still trying to the rest of the living room set-up, but have the basics down the TV, disc player and sound bar powered up and playing together nicely.

Took a few minutes since I have non-standard devices. However I won in the end and now all of my Dr. Who videos that boast a 5.1 sound track truly sound "awesome" then again any of my anime that also boast a 5.1 sound track will sound different. :pweez:

And yes, even though I went to way to many rock concerts as a small child, I was able to tell the difference. My only issue is that the "preferred set up" versus what I can do in my living space are shall we say miles apart.

Nonetheless, we have got a start on it and we be pleased.

Next will be the distribution of the existing DVD and CD's into the storage on the center which then frees up the previous storage to the point of now what will I do with it ... not seeing much of a problem but it will take a few moments to determine the best use for the newly opened shelves and storage space.

Offline Wizzard

• Wizard of Odd
  • Working It
  • Lurker in the dark, with a torch.
« Reply #3386 on: May 16, 2022, 10:48:33 AM »
Open shelves?  boockes

easy na?  Cheers
Hey Don't be mean, remember.. no matter where you
go,
There you are.
Buckaroo Banzai

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #3387 on: May 16, 2022, 01:19:38 PM »
Congrats on the goodies J!   The Entertainment system furniture sounds great.   I got a soundbar too, just gotta remember to turn it on.  My TV is several years old now, it's a SCEPTRE 40" IPS panel but is not "smart".  I wonder if it even has WiFi at all.  It does have three great HDMI inputs and a few other types as well.  But no smart apps.  Oh well!   I got this one cause the picture is simply awesome, and it was on sale at Walmart.   The built in sound is real light, so the soundbar (RCA) was a needed buy too.
Do you remember those inexpensive Dae Woo monitors from way back there in the 90's?   That company became "SCEPTRE", and they made a very rugged and inexpensive 15" VGA monitor.  I scarfed a bunch of them for family's computers.   Those memories are why I bought this television for my living room.  :oD

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #3388 on: May 16, 2022, 07:45:43 PM »
What is truly scary is that all of the DVD and Blu-Ray that was in the three shelf bookcase that was quadruple stacked ate up all of the storage space in the new entertainment center.

And it is not small by any definition of the word, it is taller then I am and it is every bit as wide as I am tall. And yet that little book case filled it completely up WTF .... methinks someone buys to many videos.

:o_go_on: that couldn't be it

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #3389 on: May 16, 2022, 08:01:11 PM »
Well, class is over for a few months and it is time to re-group and get ready for next semester and figure out better ways to present the material because as mentioned some of the kiddies couldn't even finish the cooper terminations in less then the time allocated.

So either they never got it or they spent more time "goofing off"

Flip a coin