thelufias

2024 May 12 08:16:47
 :mom4: To All The Moms

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Radkres

2024 May 06 06:11:19
is it getting any better?  :coffeemaker:

vash99

2024 May 05 10:56:57
i tried during the infusion it didnt help

Radkres

2024 May 05 02:50:17
Have You Tried a Warm Compress  to see if that helps?

vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

thelufias

2024 May 04 09:23:33
It's SATURDAY MORNING...Cartoon time with Marvin the Martian

thelufias

2024 May 04 08:24:32
I use to use Ice Packs to lesson the pain and swelling. Worked well.

vash99

2024 May 03 11:29:10
had chemo today this time the iv went into my hand so now my hand and arm hurts as a result of the chemo i can't wait till this is done

Fafnir

2024 May 03 06:33:28
 :c-cat:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Can We Keep Him? © Sydneykeys

TOTW

Soccertods Netherlands © Pommerlis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 100078
  • Total Topics: 12322
  • Online Today: 885
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 173523 times)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #3330 on: April 16, 2022, 09:52:57 AM »
Almost makes me wonder if I should even go to the tax office on Monday now. Since I am in the wrong ... :thud:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #3331 on: April 17, 2022, 06:18:52 PM »
 :puah: times 10 ^ 17256 power was at the bookstore today ... no real surprise there, but what made me go :puah: is there was a "man" in there that had gold metal flake fingernail polish on his nails ... seriously :soapy: what the flying :soapy: is that :bs: about

Men in my opinion do not wear finger nail polish for any reason that is my story and I stand behind it.

And as I said "my opinion" one can agree or choose to differ with me. Won't change my viewpoint though ... just a heads up.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Attic Icon
  • "Nullius in verba"

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #3333 on: April 17, 2022, 07:44:49 PM »
Certainly different :tearlaugh:

Online parkdalegardener

• Root Master
  • Working It
« Reply #3334 on: April 18, 2022, 04:22:31 AM »
Penn Jillette comes to mind
Illegitimus non carborundum
don't let the bastards grind you down

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #3335 on: April 18, 2022, 12:14:20 PM »
Had to look him up as I have never heard of him, Going out on a limb but methinks the painting of one nail is slightly different then what I saw, as mentioned all nails in bright metal flake gold

A definite step to the left, right, up, or down from one nail.

Just seemed to be off in my mind, granted to each their own .... just was too garish for me.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #3336 on: April 18, 2022, 12:47:09 PM »
Anyway on to todays adventure took the day off as I had an appointment with the IRS and boy did that ever go wrong on so many levels.

First as mentioned I found out over the weekend that I was indeed in the wrong and I do owe, I strongly object to being charged interest on something that I had no idea that I owed on. Wonder how much more it would be if they had dragged their feet any longer, remember this is for the 2020 year return and 2021 has been submitted already so just how long have you lot been sitting on it.

So the first strike was that I actually do owe, took a :soapy: YouTube video to find the error but find it I did, the second strike was getting there and finding out that sorry we are going to have to cancel, but you can re-schedule the appointment with the manager. Excuse me I had to take the day off and drive for an hour to get here on time and then you tell me this rubbish.

Double, nay triple plus :soapy: As mentioned though I had to bottle that up as Mr. security guard looked like he was wanting some fun ... ass-hat .. not today from me.

The glimmer of hope was that while on the phone, yes no real person to discuss the rescheduling with .... a :soapy: phone. Bunch of chickens. Told her first, answer me this and that was when I did the "interest" dialog and then that changed into the fact that well after surfing the web site for the IRS and getting no where fast, I did a random search and found said video that showed the correct way and OK I do owe money. I object to the interest though, granted it might only be $16 and change but it is not right in my head.

While filling the form out while still there I got a little guidance on how to word why I think I should not be charged and it was the info about no luck on the web site as it leaves the problem lines of the form out and you just don't know that they are relevant now. I have been filling out a short form all these years previously so I made the assumption that I continue to ignore those lines. Much to my dismay. Anyway telling her about the lack of info on their site but that some random searching brought back and answer an in a timely manner that was actually useful. Was something that she said I needed to include.

Well, eventually it got the point of yes I can pay it today and file the form to "hopefully" get my interest charge paid back. Because as we all know filling out the form and sending it in and getting a judgement on it all before the next date of interest increase is a pipe dream on the best of days.

And you can bet that I had a copy of the check, voucher, and request form copied and stamped in my grubby mitts before I left the office. For another hour long drive back. :thud:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #3337 on: April 18, 2022, 01:15:53 PM »
Part two of the entertainment today was that I finally got around to dealing with the Medicare enrollment process.

The first call told me after I pulled it out word by word, that no they don't enroll, just sell you their riders and upgrades to the "original" Medicare.

Well, then who do I call and talk to .... :soapy: yep you knew that was coming ... eventually

The second call turned out no :soapy: better. Turns out they are the actual Medicare office but, they also do not enroll only offer the upgrades and riders  ..... :thud: well, just who am I to call.

Got a third number this one to the SSA really why does things always turn out to be a nightmare for me to achieve when it comes to the government.

Well while on ignore or is that called hold .. I think ignore is better ... why because originally my wait time was 11 minutes it was 58 minute later that I finally got a person.

:thud:

While waiting I poked about on the web site that the recorded message kept bleating about and lo and behold it turns out you can start the process on line. Well, maybe this will work ... believe it or not in the just under an hour amount of time waiting. I was able to fill it out, create the whatever account I had to have and get it confirmed and received a confirmation that my application was started for Medicare.

:thud:

Not believing that story, but when the actual live person started talking to me it turns out that yes, I did get it started and it is moving forward :thud: I don't believe it

Three phone calls plus an hour and a half of my life I will never get back. Additionally the three hours spent driving to and from the IRS office we managed to get through an invasive governmental encounter.

And no one in reality was harmed, maimed or otherwise inconvenienced .. in that fantasy world that I get my mail at though well, let us say NOT so very much.

Not so much the people I dealt with as they were helpful for the most part except for the first two Medicare calls. But the agencies in general can take a long walk on a short pier.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #3338 on: April 20, 2022, 08:37:11 PM »
Wow imagine that, the check I gave up at the IRS office on Monday has already cleared my bank.

Man, they don't mess about when they are getting paid ... :thud:  ... do they

Wonder how long it will take to get my $16 and change back for the "unjustified" interest that was charged.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #3339 on: April 20, 2022, 08:56:40 PM »
Can someone please explain to me just what is wrong with people these day ...

If you send a form of what test equipment one is supposed to have and I send it back with additional equipment added and highlighted to bring your attention to it and we work in the same part of the shop ... easily capable of being heard so number one why do you have to ask what the highlighted items are about?
You did ask for an update ... did you not?
Two why the :soapy: are you sending an email to ask me that  ... what are you to chicken shit to stand up and walk over to my office door and ask?
Yes, that was a rhetorical question
Since he did send an email instead of getting up off his fat ass to walk over and ask.

Then to make it even more obvious that he is a chicken shit was he replied to the email after I spoke to him and stated that I should talk to the boss to see what should be done next .... :thud:

Dude you are an :soapy: idiot if you were tasked to update the equipment list for all techs and then we do, what do you think you should be doing with the list ... if you guessed "update" the list move to the head of the class.

However he flunked since he is trying to tell me to talk to the boss about what to do next ... and people wonder why I am at the point of choosing to ignore him 150% of the time.

participial