thelufias

2024 May 12 08:16:47
 :mom4: To All The Moms

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Radkres

2024 May 06 06:11:19
is it getting any better?  :coffeemaker:

vash99

2024 May 05 10:56:57
i tried during the infusion it didnt help

Radkres

2024 May 05 02:50:17
Have You Tried a Warm Compress  to see if that helps?

vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

thelufias

2024 May 04 09:23:33
It's SATURDAY MORNING...Cartoon time with Marvin the Martian

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

pic of baby owl © Fafnir

TOTW

What a brilliant idea, my friend! © Nemesis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ April
~Anything Goes~

1st Place:

Amour Florist and Gifts © Launok

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 100133
  • Total Topics: 12324
  • Online Today: 487
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 173840 times)

Radkres and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #2970 on: December 01, 2021, 07:55:34 AM »
Yeah, but now you have control over heat/cool temps in there!   :glittery:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2971 on: December 01, 2021, 09:04:56 AM »
Yes we do and that in and of its own self make me a happy camper

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #2972 on: December 01, 2021, 07:11:05 PM »
a blower motor and control board don't cost that much.  I have repaired a bunch of HVAC units on the job and the blower motor and cycle timer are always the two  most replaced items.  Then too, plenty of idiots chop up thermostat control lines (4 conductor phone wire) doing even minor renovations.  so, resplicing that was also common.   But I only got paid $20 an hour.  Back then that was considered eye popping.  but it wasn't even scale for the day.
Those motors were 220vac, two wire, grounded.  But the supply was most often 480 v 3 phase.
 Ahhh enough of that dotage!  Bleah!   :yeow:

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #2973 on: December 01, 2021, 07:12:33 PM »
Well, Merry Christmas to ye Jherrith!    :happydance: :glittery: :xmas11:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2974 on: December 02, 2021, 06:32:38 PM »
Thanks for the early holiday wishes

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2975 on: December 02, 2021, 06:53:05 PM »
Well, the paralyzingly dull boring and tedious part of the semester has arrived. Administering the final exam, hands on and written.

Then the "just kill me now" part ... writing a final report card... for 17 students ... by all that resides above and below this mortal realm I loathe this task with great intensity.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #2976 on: December 03, 2021, 02:41:22 AM »
Got to be easy, really.   Just give them exactly and only what they EARNED.   Fewer people become collateral damage!

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2977 on: December 03, 2021, 04:08:54 AM »
Trust me I do, what the hard part is, I have to do it in a positive manner.

Which leads me to the statement I wish I could put on it but am not allowed.

"At least he wasn't picking his nose while ignoring the class discussion"

Or in this semester at least he didn't snore while sleeping during class ... :thud:

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #2978 on: December 03, 2021, 09:38:46 AM »
Armco Steel hired a maths professor to teach us our "Industrial Math" academic portion of our apprenticeships.   He was highly paid too.   And we had to keep up with all the work, averaging an 82 percentile or get kicked from the program.   I was having marital problems, bad ones.  Desperate to keep a failed marriage together I left Armco to try and save it.   It didn't work at ALL.   I hate talking about it because it makes me think of HER.  And I hate doing that.  But moving back to Houston, I was not accepted for re-employment.  And the facility shut down the end of that year.  Sad, very sad. 
NEXT!   I took my year of learning to metals reclamation, a huge scrap metals outfit.  I learned how not to be an electrician there!  LOL!   It was SO Cord City.   I learned to work on and with higher voltage gear as well as the 'normal' run of 500 V or less motor and controls.  Got my 4 year letter, at least, and I was damn proud to receive that from the company Electrical Engineer!   That last place, I do really miss the Maintenance Shop and ALL the work I did in the facility.   Yeah, even replacing our sewer lines to the 1 foot main line for the City.   I was selected to give a 30 minute course on "Non Toilet Paper Disposal".
Which ended my having to yank commodes off the floor to dig out the feminine napkins and the like.   Yeah, THAT bit was not so fun. 
I'd much rather be crafting, building projects, setting up repairs for any production  line.  Installing the new Fiber Optics!   That was cool stuff.  We had to get exact length measurements for the new orange sheath cable.  Only about 3/8" diameter.  BUT we were told to have x size coils of spare cable at each end.  No problemo!  Heh!  Then we set up and installed the media converters at every station.   Suddenly we had instant unhindered communications with all points in the entire facility.  Me and the bosses were totally pleased with ourselves for that.  Even though we knew darn well the IT Techs set the cables up before sending to us, 1,400 miles away.  it was very nice to have a plug n go,  system START actually started right.  Lovely. 
So, nowdays the multiplexers/converters are all one tiny card I hear?  Not back then.  The muxers resembled big power strips with coax ports.  Anyway, have a lovely Friday Jherrith!   Mine is going ok so far.  Got hot COFFEE!  :D

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2979 on: December 04, 2021, 07:23:28 PM »
Got to say some of the customers have some truly unrealistic expectations. It can be so troublesome, newest task a commercial group has had problems updating their radios to the latest firmware on RM (radio management) a week long trip has been scheduled for all of in the shop to go and sort their problem out.

My only problem with all of this is that I am as green as the grass is long in how to use RM.

The sales rep did bring some radios in for me to get started on, so the fun has begun

One I used my regular CPS to do the firmware update that they seemed to be having trouble getting RM to do for them. A couple of issues did arise and I was able to still get through all of them.

The real problem I am seeing is trying to duplicate the same results on my RM database.

The typical sequence is to add the radios first, then read the radios into the database. Next you can add the config which would program the radio you also have the options to update firmware add features and so forth , which I have not done previously.

Oh joy

The first stumbling block I see is that to read this customers radio I need a password.

Which I do not have

Makes no difference when I update firmware as I am not changing the code plug.

However am I able to read a radio into RM without the password? Don't know, have not tried that before ...

The real task I have heard alluded to is that we are to get there RM database working so they can do their thing in the future.

Oh great, out of the three of us in the shop we have MTS (Mister Thin Skin) and green beyond even my imagination. My senior bench tech who knows even less then I do about the software. Then me the only one with a modicum of experience. Basically very little ...

Great I barely know what am I doing and fought with it in the shop for about three days to get it updated to the latest version and to get the latest firmware to get the cruise ship configurations to work.

Oh by the way the length of time delay is partly in fact to getting the other two peoples laptops to work, in addition to the staging computer I have in the staging rack. My laptop went relatively smooth once I got past the language packs being corrupted ... yep they released an update that had no English language packs in it but the firmware did have it, so talk about a "clash" basically half my battle.

participial