thelufias

2024 May 12 08:16:47
 :mom4: To All The Moms

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Radkres

2024 May 06 06:11:19
is it getting any better?  :coffeemaker:

vash99

2024 May 05 10:56:57
i tried during the infusion it didnt help

Radkres

2024 May 05 02:50:17
Have You Tried a Warm Compress  to see if that helps?

vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

thelufias

2024 May 04 09:23:33
It's SATURDAY MORNING...Cartoon time with Marvin the Martian

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

pic of baby owl © Fafnir

TOTW

What a brilliant idea, my friend! © Nemesis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ April
~Anything Goes~

1st Place:

Amour Florist and Gifts © Launok

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 100132
  • Total Topics: 12324
  • Online Today: 487
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 173832 times)

Radkres and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #260 on: May 28, 2019, 07:13:04 PM »
Day one of ... who knows how many ... for doing PM's on the fleet of radios for the hospital customer.

The annoying part of my morning had nothing to do with the task at hand ... imagine that ... my holster (belt clip) for the company phone ... broke and the phone now falls out of the holster :sigh:

Got to be something or else life would be dull, boring, tedious and commonplace.

Other then that my list says there should be 64 radios of a certain type, I only have 40 at the moment. Can't wait to see how this is going to be resolved.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #261 on: May 29, 2019, 12:03:54 PM »
Which just means that obviously they are still being used while the first batch gets their 20,000 PTT tune up.

My only problem as I see it is that they want to kick one out by 4:00 as that is when they go home. And with every radio taking no less then 25 minutes to run through the auto tune process kind of cuts down on how many I can do in a day.

Yesterday I only managed 18 and of them I have to bring five back to the shop for repair. So technically only 13 got the good housekeeping seal of goodness :tearlaugh:

Came in earlier today and have made good progress so far and thought I was going to have to leave early like yesterday but just found out that no only the receptionist leaves at 4:00 so that means I should be able to stay and finish all the radios since by my math that is now possible.

Which the fun part about that is I went over to see them yesterday to inform them I would be starting by Thursday and they had no idea what I was talking about ... again.

So that was fun getting them set up and ready to endure my presence starting tomorrow.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #262 on: May 29, 2019, 12:44:12 PM »
Good start I'd say..... :yesway:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #263 on: May 29, 2019, 03:32:12 PM »
Went to check on whether or not the next department would be ready and nope, not going to happen apparently the message that was left for them was a voice mail and to the wrong person and although I had spoke to them yesterday they did not indicate that it was going to be a problem. Well today they said they were not going to be able to make it work due to the short notice.

Guess that is what happens when my boss leaves a voice mail only and doesn't follow up with an email. Got to have that paper trail in my mind.

So now they wanted to schedule it for next week covering three days, which is about right for just silly little me doing it. Problem is that there is about four other things that all need to be done at the same time and I am adamant about not cloning myself :tearlaugh:

Sucks to be wanted so much, a little bit is fine but this much is kind of spooky

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #264 on: May 29, 2019, 03:36:38 PM »
LOL....Enjoy being wanted by work and bosses...tis better then being wanted by the law LOLOL

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #265 on: May 29, 2019, 07:18:16 PM »
:tearlaugh: Valid point :yesway:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #266 on: June 03, 2019, 07:16:52 PM »
Well, the end of day five of doing PM's on the portables and mobiles for Security and EMS.

Are we even done with them .... :noway: there are still radios missing from Security. Also have subscriber (portables) missing from the EMS department. The only good news is that I have only three trucks with mobiles that have not been touched as of this afternoon. Considering that the mobile first is tested for forward and reflected power and then removed brought in to me for firmware updates and then the auto tune part once done then it gets installed back in said vehicle. A basic 30 to 45 minutes per and with 25 vehicles you can see that it would not get done in a day. Does ye ole leprechaun see the math on the wall. :noway:

Nope, he takes my installer away after Friday's work. Today, I get the new hire who has some experience with radio from his previous job, nothing with mobiles but I will give him points for initiative and being a quick study, showed him once and he was good to go.

Now that works for me. Only problem, wound up finding two problems with three radios. Two had the ignition sense wire loose in the connector and then another had a bad connector on the antenna line. Good news is that I could fix the ignition sense issue. The bad news is that I had no more mini UHF connectors to fix the antenna problem so that will have to come into the shop for repairs.

Possibly, if I can get some connectors from the shop and get them back on my truck I could possibly fix it on Thursday when I will be back out there starting on the Engineering department radios.

:shrug:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #267 on: June 03, 2019, 07:28:57 PM »
Now we get to go to the Post Office at the airport tomorrow and then back to to NASA for yet another round of renewing our freaking badges. Could these loser not just grant us access for a year and be done with it instead of this three month rubbish.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #268 on: June 05, 2019, 04:48:48 PM »
Went to NASA this morning and after an hour long wait to get to the person behind the desk. I get hooked up ... supposedly ... why do I word it like that  .... well the other tech I was there with was still in the process of getting his done and he was surprised I was already done. The guy behind the desk was also surprised and said he wanted to check the credentials after he got the other one sorted.

Guess what I had no permissions any where. :thud:

Well, that could have been quite awkward ... anyway got that all sorted ... another half hour I will never get back. There is no plus side to this though it is still only good for another three month, although it was stated that when we come back for that renewal we will get a year long badge once more.

I will believe it when I see it.

Next field trip was to the LCC to make a phone patch cable from a patch panel to a Cisco switch.

Eight pin to a six pin ... so how do you want this wired?

Got an answer and it seemed straight forward enough, although now sitting at home I have a feeling that is not right. The picture he was looking at was showing a POTS config with an 8 pin on one side an a 6 pin on the other.

I am just now remembering that it is Red, Green, Black and Yellow ... tip, ring, tip, ring.

The picture showed both the red and black coming from pins 4 & 5 on the eight pin side going to pins 3 & 4 on the six pin side.

Which means I wired it with both "tip colors " landed instead of one tip and one ring.

Bet that :soapy: will not work as intended ... :sigh: some days I can be so damn dense.

The next bit of fun drove to a tower site out there, yep the fun one, that has asbestos in the floor :noway:

Went to install the "repaired PA" back in the chassis of the system and guess what it is still FUBAR as in not working throwing alarms across the system and so forth ... how much fun is that ... yea about :thissmall:

So yanked it out to bring back with us for another trip to the depot for repairs.

Next trip out to the newest free standing ED for the hospital chain and met with the powers that be from the hospital to go over rack space requirements, power, conduits and grounding. At least that came out well not happy about not getting as much room as I wanted but at least I can sort of kind of make it all fit. Going to be a tight one mind you but it can ... well has to be done period.

Now for the disappointing part of the day decided to swing by the shop to pick up repaired radios for delivery seeing how I will be out there again tomorrow morning. Out of the five I processed for the new hire, he still does not have access to the log in on the ticketing for repairs, ye ole younger office lady only had one of them done. Just one.
Got all the ones for the one attraction, processed but not the hospital. And yes, when I popped in, once again doing God knows what on her phone instead of getting the repairs processed so they could be returned to the customer. Has had all day to do them and they were still not done, now granted I do not know what steps are involved but if one can not processes the 30 or 40 repairs that were on the shelf in an eight hour day I want to know what the problem is, because 40 radios should be five an hour, or one every 12 minutes.

That should not be that difficult to achieve, especially if you concentrate on doing your job and not farting around on your damn personal phone.

Online rrkknight3

• Sir Knight
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #269 on: June 05, 2019, 05:48:54 PM »
Sigh.  It sadly sounds like a typical day.  I hope you don't have to go back to the LCC to fix something about which you were told incorrectly.

participial