thelufias

2024 May 12 08:16:47
 :mom4: To All The Moms

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Radkres

2024 May 06 06:11:19
is it getting any better?  :coffeemaker:

vash99

2024 May 05 10:56:57
i tried during the infusion it didnt help

Radkres

2024 May 05 02:50:17
Have You Tried a Warm Compress  to see if that helps?

vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

thelufias

2024 May 04 09:23:33
It's SATURDAY MORNING...Cartoon time with Marvin the Martian

thelufias

2024 May 04 08:24:32
I use to use Ice Packs to lesson the pain and swelling. Worked well.

vash99

2024 May 03 11:29:10
had chemo today this time the iv went into my hand so now my hand and arm hurts as a result of the chemo i can't wait till this is done

Fafnir

2024 May 03 06:33:28
 :c-cat:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Can We Keep Him? © Sydneykeys

TOTW

Soccertods Netherlands © Pommerlis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 100079
  • Total Topics: 12322
  • Online Today: 885
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 173525 times)

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #1760 on: August 18, 2020, 10:50:10 AM »
You sound so healthy it's disgusting, J!   134/80 is not 'bad'.   And for age and weight, diabetes and all, that's kinda my normal.   Yeah first thing in the morning, it tends to be higher with me too.   Right after walking the parking lot to the clinic and getting checked there it's lower.  often in the 115/60 range.   But i do take Lisinipril every morning.   I have hypertension.  And I do watch my fat, sugar and cholesterol. 

It helps I stopped cooking with shortening and most oils.  i use a little virgin olive oil now and eat way more sensibly than I ever have before.   And, BP is down, cholesterol is down, those numbers are all good now.  Sodium is good.    I am just a couple years older than you right?   Believe this, you are in great shape compared to most guys in their 60's!    Enjoy it man!  :)PS - I am looking for a good medium size wok i can use with a regular gas General Electric cook stove.  I use Blue Diamond cookware right now, and I like it.   It is NOT scratch proof like that 'Granite Rock' brand, but they are both aluminum or steel coated with ceramic.   So the coating matters hugely.But a smallish iron wok seasoned properly should be just as non stick as my old iron cookware, but that's HEAVY stuff.   Well, the old round griddle was ok.   

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1761 on: August 18, 2020, 05:43:39 PM »
Local Asian store in the household aisle has woks of all shapes and sizes. The even better thing is that they also have a insert that fits on the stove top, yes, I too have a gas range, and it holds the wok steady as it is curved to accommodate the curvature of the wok.

It is a godsend to say the least.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1762 on: August 18, 2020, 05:56:32 PM »
Did the evening reading about an hour ago and am at 108/79

Oh, we take nothing at the moment and hope that I can keep it that way.

Just turned 63, so yes are close in age, the cholesterol is borderline according to the numbers but it is not dangerous by any stretch. As to the scourge more folks fight then not, diabetes is still not in my future, need to pay attention though because it could happen. But as mentioned I feel like I could lose a couple as that BMI is at a 28 which theoretically is overweight for being 6' tall. However what they do not know when they take my weight is that between the clothes and the steel toe shoe I wear as par for the course they should subtract 10# to be accurate. Probably doesn't change the BMI much but it would be more accurate.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1763 on: August 18, 2020, 06:46:17 PM »
Well, that storm yesterday certainly got me thinking as to why do not the bench techs have any UPS back up for the high dollar and delicate electronic test equipment.

I have been there nine years and it has yet to dawn on me either, then again, up to this year I have not been at the shop this much, so things are getting noticed by me at long last.

The interesting part is that we just happen to have two each 750VA UPS that were bought by the shop on a verbal from a customer for one of their projects and it proved to be lacking. So it has been sitting here gathering dust, the good news is that when I plugged them in no problems on the health of the battery and the operation of the units.

So part two is that I found me a rack to install them in, added some shelves on the suggestion of the senior tech so they could put gang chargers on them and we are now at the second phase of the upgrade to the techs work bench.

The goal is now to get the filing cabinet they have out, remove the table the chargers are currently sitting on and then place the new rack in its place, move two four drawer filing cabinets out from the unused office place them on either side of the UPS rack, move the files into one of the cabinets and now both techs have a UPS for their equipment and a filing cabinet for any files they think they should hold onto ... sweet as in it will definitely clean up the tech area and provide protection to critical equipment, why this was not done previously is beyond me.

Ah well, I pitched the scenario to the boss and was able to get his blessing, this was after I had already spoke with the senior tech in regards to how to make the upgrade work. So that was when I pitched it to the boss and he was on board with it completely. :woohoo:

However I am in Fagler tomorrow so I will not be able to go any further and then at days end I find out that I am being tasked to do another inventory for the city of "A...." as they are building a new site and for some reason no one knows what they have or where it is at, I have a suspicion that I might have some older files stored that might have those details on it, so it could prove to be a simple confirm and carry on. Sucks to be so CDO that I am ahead of the curve :heeheehee:

Not that I will tell any one of them the truth, let them believe what they will, what I want to know is did no one do these tasks previously?

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #1764 on: August 18, 2020, 09:18:37 PM »
Would that be a bit of deflection from the stigma of the acronym OCD, J?  Heh!   me too, actually.I have to force myself to allow boo boo's to enter the text.  Like that uncapitalized 'M' up there.
no diabetes in your future:   YAAAAY!   man you do not even KNOW how blessed you are!   I can show ya pic of what you will be missing, and that might help you lose weight after you lose your appetite!Wanna see?  No?  Aw shucks! 
Good job on the workspace upgrades! 

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Attic Icon
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #1765 on: August 18, 2020, 10:00:36 PM »
Naw  I got family who did not take care of themselves taking around 300 units a meal and ate anything and everything Still Complained about Being Diabetic till the day they died.  :whack:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1766 on: August 19, 2020, 05:26:52 AM »
Well, I need to be careful about the diabetics thing but so far so good. Yes, I think I will pass on all the lovely photos of such entertainment.

If I recall correctly Mother came down with adult onset diabetes, but was able to control it via diet, however she lost the cancer battle but that has been 21 years now.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1767 on: August 19, 2020, 06:56:35 PM »
How entertaining, I had to go to that abomination of a site, the other person that was to meet me, was an half hour late :thud: am I surprised, nope ... not one tiny little bit.

Got it done in two hours and since I sort of recalled that there was upgrade work done at the master site, that included new equipment that I know I never documented, went there next, got done and decided might as well have lunch. Didn't do any good, since I left to come back home and what do I get but a jacked up phone call saying I had to turn around and go back because the "project manager" wanted one of the VHF consolettes checked out to see if it was transmitting via carrier squelch and had correct power readings.

Well, insult one the consolette was on version 21 software and I only had version 20 so could not read it to check what band it was transmitting on, ye ole boss wanted me to download it, :thud: you are kidding me, even on a good day at the office it takes better part of a half hour and that is with a hard wired connection. I am at a tower site that has no internet carrier which means I would have had to tether my phone for a connection to download  200+MB file ... not happening

So used the "analog watt meter" to check power out and reflected ... all was good on those fronts even had the dispatch center key it up and still had the same readings as before so sorry can't help you any further.

Some one else can check the freq it is transmitting on, because as far as I am concern I have proper power out and reflected and the dispatch center can key it up so it should be close if not on the proper freq, besides the site has been running for months now, and you are just now thinking a resource is not working ... :whatthe: ... seriously you are a bunch of idiots.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1768 on: August 19, 2020, 07:00:35 PM »
And the filed trip for the morrow is to do inventory for another site that is getting an upgrade ... which this is the first time I have heard of it ... so much fun ... ass-hats

At least this one is with in my local range of travel

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1769 on: August 19, 2020, 07:06:46 PM »
Wow what sort of BP reading is this

96/66 pulse 85

:tearlaugh:

participial