Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Fafnir

2024 Apr 22 05:20:09
 :havesum:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99663
  • Total Topics: 12311
  • Online Today: 819
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: The Pet Shop  (Read 61736 times)

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
Re: The Pet Shop
« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2019, 10:32:33 AM »
Here sometimes a spider comes. If cats see her, they try to play with :thud: Last spider tried to enter in my indoor shoe but I crushed it with the other :shrug: Cats were disapointed by the end of their new toy.
Check FRM for great products

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • Working It
    • ShareCG
« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2019, 10:49:22 AM »
I want a pet spider monkey named Wilson and teach him to do back flips. Flip Wilson, Flip!!! That would be so awesome.
 :java: :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh:

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2019, 11:12:44 AM »
Well, since Aelin most likely had to pick up  the dead spider.....

She could get a Spider Monkey and name it "Wilson Pickett" up.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2019, 07:31:53 PM »
OK I have just been gobsmacked and bafflegabbed

Came home and went upstairs to enter more volumes in my inventory ... a little bit each day and eventually I might get up to date.

Any way the reason I am posting this here is that before I went back downstairs and was going to use the bathroom and what do I find ... the strangest thing I have seen yet.

It looked like ye ole Watanuki must have had an upset stomach and actually :puah: into the toilet bowl

:thud:

Seriously ... perfect aim except for some dribble on the side. The largest portion a simple flush to clean up ... certainly didn't see that happening and trust me I have had to clean up after previous cats when they have had events of this nature in the past.

This however was a first ...

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2019, 06:46:57 AM »
Maybe he was looking the toilet bowl when that happened.
Or he has really understood than toilets are useful for some things, and being not far away of that he decided to go on.
You'll see if that happens again or not. Have you give him a word to tell he was a good boy? That can help too.

And how with Smokey?

During a time I convinced Puce to do that on the litterbox or on the special rugs around, in
case she was near of. Alas, it was only a period :shrug:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2019, 02:41:55 PM »
I did give him the high five for doing it there instead of on the carpet or in a bookcase.

Went out the sliding doors to my back yard and left the door cracked and Smoky got out, he took off running, obviously there was something he saw that was entirely to fascinating and that was the last I saw of him.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2019, 02:50:10 PM »
Oh that's a sad news. I hope it's just he wasn't able to find his way back, and finally met a family who adopted him :sigh:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2019, 01:35:09 AM »
That is a thing Cats have a tendency to do in a way entirely their own.    Like Li'l Mister, I allowed him to stay in as it was ice and sleet everywhere and close to 0°F, and he was about 3 months old and had a bad respiratory infection.  Got him to vet,  only took a week and he was good as new.   He ran IN to play with Mogwai.  That's it.  Not for me or Tattoo, and the good things like medicine, health, fresh food and water, treats and toys were just "Oh Wow!" then forgotten.  He wanted Mogwai.   3.5 years later, when poor  ol Mogwai was having to hide from him, Mister scratched at the front door and did the attention getting stuff.  I opened that door and haven't seen him since.  But, he did leave as a very healthy neutered male 3 yr old cat.  Neighbors and family say they've seen him all around the neighborhood, and looked fit and happy.   So I quit worrying about him.   
If a cat wants a human, they go to them.  If not, they just avoid them.   And they are very good at both!

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2019, 02:40:07 AM »
Our grey tabby, McCartney roams the area here, and is great at keeping out of reach of the dogs running loose.

Recently he came in with a couple thousand beggar's lice stuck in his fur. Seems he ran or pushed through a big patch of the plants that produce them. He had them everywhere, even in his facial fur, his ears, etc. I took down the pet brush and began brushing as many as I could out of his fur, but it was tedious, as I was having to stop and clean the brush every ten or so minutes, so I gave that up in favor of just picking them out with my fingers. He just let me do it with no fuss, even though I know it had to be irritating to have me pulling on his fur like that. He was purring the whole time! I think he was happy to have my help getting rid of them for him. He only reacted when I was working around his lower leg joints, which I think are ticklish, because he reacts the same way when I play with his legs like that. He will play bite me, never trying to hurt me. He's a really good cat about that kind of thing.

As for those beggar's lice, he would occasionally end a picking session himself and go get some alone time. When he came back, I'd find he had picked a good few out himself. He would jump into my lap and would expose an area that still had some in it, as if to say "Help me get these out." Of course I would pull those out, and he would then turn and expose another area he was not able to remove them from, and I'd pick them out too.

Now that is a cat that knows how to communicate with his humans! Very smart, don't you think? I'm proud of him!
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2019, 03:30:34 AM »
Heck yeah, cats are smart!   they know exactly how to keep us En-Thralled !!!     Wish I'd had a camera out this morning while I fixed our breakfasts.   Tattoo was out and looking happy for once, Mogwai was 14 pounds of Frisky Fun and burning off excess energy a few ways.   He'd sit stock still, then suddenly launch off to the bathroom, then to the bedroom, then out to the living room, then over the furniture and back to the middle of the kitchen floor.  Then Tattoo just stood in place "cat smiled" (opened mouth with tongue out) and hopped straight up and down all 4's clearing the floor a few times.  Then Mogwai shot off for the circuit again.  Tattoo just stood and watched him.  He was 10 yrs old this month.   LOL!  Then I set their plate down and they chowed down.    But that was fun to see them being cats yaknow!   :)