Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Fafnir

2024 Apr 22 05:20:09
 :havesum:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99651
  • Total Topics: 12311
  • Online Today: 771
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Modeling in Anim8or  (Read 21147 times)

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • Working It
    • ShareCG
Re: Modeling in Anim8or
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2014, 10:13:51 AM »
I'll go ahead and say this so that it will address anything that I may have overlooked.

Anim8or and Hexagon are NOT the same beast! Tutorials for Anim8or will be useful in Anim8or. I'm not trying to convert anyone, just giving those who wish to start out in modeling another (FREE) choice. I started using Anim8or back when it first came out and know it pretty much inside and out.

So I'm offering the knowledge that I gained in it (FREE) to anyone who would like to use it. Trust me, there are people out there teaching how to use Anim8or and charging a big price to do so. I still use this software for base meshes even though I have bigger beasts to play with....it's simply a GREAT free tool!

PS....Anim8or is a standalone program! There is no installation process, no dll's, no ocx's, just a lightweight program that takes up VERY little hdd space.

Offline FrahHawk

• Thundering Hawk
  • Attic Icon
  • It always begins with a dream...
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2014, 10:35:43 AM »
I'll go ahead and say this so that it will address anything that I may have overlooked.

Anim8or and Hexagon are NOT the same beast! Tutorials for Anim8or will be useful in Anim8or. I'm not trying to convert anyone, just giving those who wish to start out in modeling another (FREE) choice. I started using Anim8or back when it first came out and know it pretty much inside and out.

So I'm offering the knowledge that I gained in it (FREE) to anyone who would like to use it. Trust me, there are people out there teaching how to use Anim8or and charging a big price to do so. I still use this software for base meshes even though I have bigger beasts to play with....it's simply a GREAT free tool!

PS....Anim8or is a standalone program! There is no installation process, no dll's, no ocx's, just a lightweight program that takes up VERY little hdd space.
And you have my thanks for the offer. Years ago when I first came across it, I tried to follow the tuts at the time and quickly gave up as the author were more interested in showing off rather than helping... Put it aside and said never again. Now years later and an updated program along with the clear to understand tut, I just might go ahead and install it again and try it out.
When life gives you lemons, freeze them and throw them back at the bastards. :hawk:
9/11/01 never forget...

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • Working It
    • ShareCG
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2014, 11:13:40 AM »
Yeah, Steve back then was...well, an ass! But the years have humbled him a bit...LOL

But if anyone gets stumped when using the software just ask me, I'll be more than happy to walk you through it. My aim is to teach, not to confuse.

:java:

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2014, 01:32:42 PM »

I didn't mean by my statement to imply they were the same. Sorry if it sounded like that. Just a *similar* sort of way to do the same thing. ;)

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • Working It
    • ShareCG
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2014, 02:43:30 PM »
I didn't mean by my statement to imply they were the same. Sorry if it sounded like that. Just a *similar* sort of way to do the same thing. ;)

Noooooo...My comment wasn't a reference to your statement at all. I'm sorry if it appeared that way.

:hug2:

It was an attempt on my part to cover things not ask yet to avoid any confusion. It's one of my flaws that I tend to overlook things because I forget that not everyone has my tormented brain...LOL

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2014, 03:01:25 PM »
That's okay. Just cma - ya know. :) No problem dear dRaCX.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2014, 04:53:21 PM »
Tormented or tortured tis all the same in the end ... what a tangled web we weave

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • Working It
    • ShareCG
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2014, 07:05:33 PM »
Would love to get some feedback on this tut before adding another. That way I'll know if it was easy enough to follow for everyone.

:java:

Each one I add will be a step up from the one before, so they will get harder as time goes by.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2014, 08:11:46 PM »
http://www.thefantasiesattic.net/attic/cpg/displayimage.php?pid=19531

My drawing needs practice but it was very easy to do from your instructions.

It IS like magic!!  :woohoo:

Good job!  hi5-3:

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • Working It
    • ShareCG
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2014, 09:09:55 PM »
Excellent!! You did wonderfully my friend!

hi5-3:

Thank you for the feedback as well! Makes it worth adding more; so more it shall be!

:thumb_up:

participial