thelufias

2024 May 12 08:16:47
 :mom4: To All The Moms

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Radkres

2024 May 06 06:11:19
is it getting any better?  :coffeemaker:

vash99

2024 May 05 10:56:57
i tried during the infusion it didnt help

Radkres

2024 May 05 02:50:17
Have You Tried a Warm Compress  to see if that helps?

vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

thelufias

2024 May 04 09:23:33
It's SATURDAY MORNING...Cartoon time with Marvin the Martian

thelufias

2024 May 04 08:24:32
I use to use Ice Packs to lesson the pain and swelling. Worked well.

vash99

2024 May 03 11:29:10
had chemo today this time the iv went into my hand so now my hand and arm hurts as a result of the chemo i can't wait till this is done

Fafnir

2024 May 03 06:33:28
 :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 May 02 09:17:51
It's a Rainy May Day in May..A good day for :java:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Can We Keep Him? © Sydneykeys

TOTW

Soccertods Netherlands © Pommerlis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 100010
  • Total Topics: 12320
  • Online Today: 1266
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Iray skin tutorial  (Read 1905 times)

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
Iray skin tutorial
« on: October 02, 2015, 11:30:37 AM »
MadamGoth made an iRay Skin Settings Version 2 tutorial, in any case you need of explanations.

The first tutorial is here: iRay Skin Settings

How it's funny to look for Halloween, and find other topics :madfun:
Check FRM for great products

Offline HadCancer

• Attic Crusader
  • 1000 Grand Roller
Re: Iray skin tutorial
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 06:57:06 PM »
MadamGoth made an iRay Skin Settings Version 2 tutorial, in any case you need of explanations.

The first tutorial is here: iRay Skin Settings

How it's funny to look for Halloween, and find other topics :madfun:
Thanks to your advice went on search found this post of yours. Unfortunately the writing on the Tutorials was to small for me even on my TV. Just a problem of going blind. Not into Daz far enough to even find those settings any way, and the free stuff has long since disappeared from rendo. At this point I am having problems even finding stuff to load. I am sure there is a trick to it. I did but some Iray lights which is about as far as I got with it.

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 05:50:11 AM »
I'm sorry for your eyes.
I look sometimes for Iray, but my computer became too hot using this once, so i avoid now. BUt for settings, it seems it's a little the lottery for old stuffs.

Offline HadCancer

• Attic Crusader
  • 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 04:06:34 PM »
I'm sorry for your eyes.
I look sometimes for Iray, but my computer became too hot using this once, so i avoid now. BUt for settings, it seems it's a little the lottery for old stuffs.
Ya your right, sometimes there is a list but 75% of my stuff is not there other times the 75% is there but the newer stuff is not there. As to the stuff I bought at rendo or got free I am not sure were to unzip it. I unzipped it like poser but it does not look right as when I look at the DAZ 3d in  64 bit programs there is hardly anything there. I unzipped like I do for poser but I think it is wrong.

Offline Neimrok

• Elf of the Light
  • Working It
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 04:40:54 PM »
ZIP files don't have always the same structure, especially when it's free stuff, and if you unzip them directly in the DAZ content directory, you're running the risk to get the content anywhere.
To avoid this inconvenience when I install DAZ content, I first unzip the files in a temporary directory and then, I reorganize the structure of the directories like it is in the 'My Library'. After that, I copy the content of the temporary directory to the DAZ 'My Library' directory.
Sure, it's a bit long but at least, I'm sure to know where my stuff is.

Offline HadCancer

• Attic Crusader
  • 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 05:05:40 PM »
ZIP files don't have always the same structure, especially when it's free stuff, and if you unzip them directly in the DAZ content directory, you're running the risk to get the content anywhere.
To avoid this inconvenience when I install DAZ content, I first unzip the files in a temporary directory and then, I reorganize the structure of the directories like it is in the 'My Library'. After that, I copy the content of the temporary directory to the DAZ 'My Library' directory.
Sure, it's a bit long but at least, I'm sure to know where my stuff is.

Thanks for the info. Still a little confused as I have less than RodS's 6 brain cells working, but if I got you right even the stuff I bought for DAZ at Rendo is in the wrong place as I unzipped to the DAZ3d program directly. If I for you right, I should be unzipping to the "Daz Library" directory. Please confirm as I will need to reinstall the stuff. Lucky for me I just started with DAZ so I do not have all that much content yet. I hear ya on the free stuff. I have years and years of Poser stuff which I put in a separate directory on a different drive because it is so big, but a bunch of it is worthless as it was free and the paths were messed up. I have in the past moved stuff around and got a lot of it to work but so much is so messed up it would take one of the Master Admins here to correct. Lucky for me the stuff I paid for almost always works, except a couple of times and the vendors were quick to correct and thank me for telling them of the problem.

Offline Aelin

• Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 05:29:31 PM »
The worse is for data folders and textures folders; they need to be in the good place, or the program asks you to start a treasure hunt :thud:  Or if you have time and patience (and files were not saved by author in compressed), you can use "Worpad" to change the files direction.  :eyescan:
But in freebies, like in Daz magazine, textures could be missing. It was recently the case with a dress.

Otherwise, i have always 3 runtimes:
- 1 in Poser
- 1 in DS3 (because i use it again)
- 1 in DS4
I have just added paths in DS4 to find others.

To end, i have always problems to find correctly my way in DS4; and my installation on this computer is totally different of the previous computer :thud:

Offline Neimrok

• Elf of the Light
  • Working It
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 06:27:54 PM »
Thanks for the info. Still a little confused as I have less than RodS's 6 brain cells working, but if I got you right even the stuff I bought for DAZ at Rendo is in the wrong place as I unzipped to the DAZ3d program directly. If I for you right, I should be unzipping to the "Daz Library" directory. Please confirm as I will need to reinstall the stuff. Lucky for me I just started with DAZ so I do not have all that much content yet.
The DAZ content (free or not) must be set in a directory named 'My Library' or 'My DAZ3D Library', otherwise it won't be recognized by DAZ Studio. The place of the 'My Library' or 'My DAZ3D Library' doesn't matter.
For the structure of commercial Rendo ZIP files, I know that some ones have a root directory named 'My Library' or 'My DAZ3D Library' and some other ones don't have.
So, if you unzipped your Rendo ZIP files in the DAZ3D program directory, you should have a 'My Library' sub directory there and also a lot of files that are not in this 'My Library'. No need to delete and reinstall your stuff, you just have to move to the 'My Library' the files that are not in it. The concerned files have a .duf or .png extension.
After that you can move the 'My Library' directory elsewhere if you wish, but in that case, don't forget to tell to DAZ Studio where you moved it.
And yes, it's better to unzip the ZIP files in the DAZ content directory, than unzipping them in the DAZ3D program directory.

Offline HadCancer

• Attic Crusader
  • 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 11:29:17 PM »
The DAZ content (free or not) must be set in a directory named 'My Library' or 'My DAZ3D Library', otherwise it won't be recognized by DAZ Studio. The place of the 'My Library' or 'My DAZ3D Library' doesn't matter.
For the structure of commercial Rendo ZIP files, I know that some ones have a root directory named 'My Library' or 'My DAZ3D Library' and some other ones don't have.
So, if you unzipped your Rendo ZIP files in the DAZ3D program directory, you should have a 'My Library' sub directory there and also a lot of files that are not in this 'My Library'. No need to delete and reinstall your stuff, you just have to move to the 'My Library' the files that are not in it. The concerned files have a .duf or .png extension.
After that you can move the 'My Library' directory elsewhere if you wish, but in that case, don't forget to tell to DAZ Studio where you moved it.
And yes, it's better to unzip the ZIP files in the DAZ content directory, than unzipping them in the DAZ3D program directory.

Ok I have only 3 working brain cells and even less right now with the pain meds I am on. I am new to Daz. I have used Poser for years. For Poser if file was made by a vendor all the paths are set and all I need do is unzip to the Poser program or file I named Poser and it will unzip all the right items to the "Runtime" directory. All I need at this time is a simple answer. If I purchase a DS figure from say Rendo do I unzip it to the DAZ3d program folder or one of it's subdirectories? At this time I am not going to worry about freebies. Thank you in advance for you answer.

Offline Neimrok

• Elf of the Light
  • Working It
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 02:34:59 PM »
Ok I have only 3 working brain cells and even less right now with the pain meds I am on. I am new to Daz. I have used Poser for years. For Poser if file was made by a vendor all the paths are set and all I need do is unzip to the Poser program or file I named Poser and it will unzip all the right items to the "Runtime" directory. All I need at this time is a simple answer. If I purchase a DS figure from say Rendo do I unzip it to the DAZ3d program folder or one of it's subdirectories? At this time I am not going to worry about freebies. Thank you in advance for you answer.

When you installed your DAZ Studio, 2 main directories were created. One for the software and another one for the content.
So, I guess you obviously unzipped your content files in one of these directories.

If you unzipped them in the software main directory, you must have there a sub directory called 'My Library' and a lot of .duf and .png files in the main directory.
In that case, you must move the files of the main directory to the 'My Library' sub directory, to be able to use them.
You must also tell to DAZ Studio you have a 'My Library' sub directory in the software main directory, because the program can't find it itself.

If you unzipped your files in the content directory, I guess you unzipped them in the 'My Library' folder.
In that case, you must have in the 'My Library' folder a lot of .duf and .png files and another 'My Library' sub directory.
The second 'My Library' sub directory is not useful and the files in it won't be recognized by DAZ Studio. So, you have to move them to the first 'My Library' folder, to be able to use them with DAZ Studio.

Considering your question, the best place to unzip your content files is the 'My Library' sub directory of the content directory.
It must be something like C:\Users\...\My Library or C:\Users\...\My DAZ3D Library.

Hope you have the answer you expected.