Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Fafnir

2024 Apr 22 05:20:09
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 20 10:45:19
i am it was chilly here to

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99614
  • Total Topics: 12310
  • Online Today: 644
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Animation Experiments.  (Read 424 times)

Offline M-Callahan

• Attic Projectionist
  • Attic Icon
  • Bow Ties are cool.
Re: Animation Experiments.
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2022, 03:22:52 PM »
Now I am using MoCaps or Motion Capture so I can learn how to create forward motion for a walk cycle.  Here is a good article explaining MoCaps:  https://www.studiobinder.com/blog/what-is-mocap-definition/..   Plus there is a very good online tutorial from the WP Guru one YouTube :

This has an indept explaination on how the timeline works in DAZ studio. 

Eventually I want to not only create a short story, but also want to animate some animals as well, using Muybride's plates on locomotion that he did in the late 19th century around 1887 with his first publication.  As you know there is not that much for animals that sell 3d animation captures or poses and would like to animate them.   Presently rendering out very large scene.
Round up all the usual suspects!

Offline M-Callahan

• Attic Projectionist
  • Attic Icon
  • Bow Ties are cool.
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2022, 05:50:31 PM »
The title of this short is called: Evil Presence in the Main Core of Computer Room   

Finally figured how to move a person walking forward in a walking cycle.  Need to learn more on editing the person walking on ground if you noticed the feet are not place correctly.  Since this is my first time doing this, I notice thing that need more attention to make it perfect.  Will be going on to a different topic for study so not to bore people with the same thing over and over again.  Will also share items that are of interest for leaning.

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2022, 07:16:49 PM »
You're really getting into this aren't you.  I'm enjoying the vids.....great job this far...

Offline M-Callahan

• Attic Projectionist
  • Attic Icon
  • Bow Ties are cool.
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2022, 09:07:35 PM »
After 18 years of rendering still pictures, it seems logical to move on to animation to keep an interest in 3d art.  I like a challenge in doing things I am not familiar with and learn new things. 

Online parkdalegardener

• Root Master
  • Working It
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2022, 05:59:23 AM »
I don't use DS but I can offer some insights.

You might want to track down the Carnagie Mellon BVH files. There was a time that DS could import them. Probable still can. That will give you all the mo-cap animal movements you could ever want to use as bases for your own movements. There are plenty of BVH files for people in them as well. ShareCG hosted a copy at one time.

As for working in smaller size and scaling up, there are free unattended scaling scripts available that will upscale your animation to most any size you need from most any small size you work in.
Illegitimus non carborundum
don't let the bastards grind you down

Offline M-Callahan

• Attic Projectionist
  • Attic Icon
  • Bow Ties are cool.
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2022, 10:00:43 AM »
Thanks for letting me know about the Carnagie Mellon Project.

Presently I am working with converted files from Carnagie Mellon on the cgspeed site.  https://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed.com/cgspeed/motion-capture/the-daz-friendly-bvh-release-of-cmus-motion-capture-database

Daz studio uses BVH files for animations.  FBX file work well in Blender.  These are to low cost alternatives to using animation files instead of spending thousands of dollars for high end software. 

These BVH files are free from cgseed.  Only one draw back they work with earlier character models of DAZ studio. 
They work with earlier models of DAZ models like:  3rd gen: Aiko 3, Victoria 3, Hiro 3, SP3, Michael 3, David 3
   4th gen: Aiko 4, Victoria 4, SP4, Michael 4, and from what I have been seeing what these with the first generation of Genesis.  But it takes some tweaking to get this series to behave right. Higher generations of Genesis Model really don't work with these files that is Genesis 2 and beyond.   Also they do work some what with earlier Millennium Figures as in Michael 1 and 2 haven't tested any other characters yet in the early Millennium Group yet.   As for Poser I don't know if they work.  But I believe it is how the model is boned that make a difference if it will work or not on a certain series of BVH files.   I don't think re-boning a newer character is worth the effort so that a newer model will work with older and limited BVH files. 

Online parkdalegardener

• Root Master
  • Working It
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2022, 12:17:04 PM »
I have the entire CM library stashed. Poser, which I use; has no problem with BVH. There is a free Blender add-on that re-targets iClone, BVH, FBX, and most anything else to DAZ3D formats. I can't think of it's name off hand as Poser uses both, FBX poorly; and BVH usually perfectly. I personally use collada or alembic and move Poser animation into Blender. Faster Cycles rendering and more control over the whole project without needing a separate NLVE tool. 
Illegitimus non carborundum
don't let the bastards grind you down

participial