thelufias

2024 May 12 08:16:47
 :mom4: To All The Moms

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Radkres

2024 May 06 06:11:19
is it getting any better?  :coffeemaker:

vash99

2024 May 05 10:56:57
i tried during the infusion it didnt help

Radkres

2024 May 05 02:50:17
Have You Tried a Warm Compress  to see if that helps?

vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

thelufias

2024 May 04 09:23:33
It's SATURDAY MORNING...Cartoon time with Marvin the Martian

thelufias

2024 May 04 08:24:32
I use to use Ice Packs to lesson the pain and swelling. Worked well.

vash99

2024 May 03 11:29:10
had chemo today this time the iv went into my hand so now my hand and arm hurts as a result of the chemo i can't wait till this is done

Fafnir

2024 May 03 06:33:28
 :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 May 02 09:17:51
It's a Rainy May Day in May..A good day for :java:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Can We Keep Him? © Sydneykeys

TOTW

Soccertods Netherlands © Pommerlis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 100010
  • Total Topics: 12320
  • Online Today: 1266
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: PP2 Exporter v2.1a for Daz Studio  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
PP2 Exporter v2.1a for Daz Studio
« on: March 07, 2018, 09:34:03 AM »
Winterbrose made PP2 Exporter v2.1a for Daz Studio, OBJ Model to Poser Prop
All was explained on the CP page, then on Rendo.

The easiest automated way to convert OBJ format models into PP2 format Poser models using Daz Studio 4.10 or higher.

The original PP2 Exporter (version 1a) was written by JWAS84 and DUKE533 with supplements by Rob Whisenant and Guandalug. It was released without any copyright as Public Domain for the benefit of the Daz studio and 3D communities. We are not exactly sure why an individual would take a product released into the Public Domain as not copyrighted, add a couple of simple mods, and then re-release it as copyrighted material. However, it is in the spirit of the original authors that it has been updated by RoLoW to support Daz Studio v4.10+ and remains copyright free.

The goal for this update to the original uncopyrighted version 2.0d was to keep it copyright free while at the same time ensuring it functions properly under Daz Studio 4.10 or newer. To do this, we started with release 2.0d and added our own methods of correcting known problems within the code when used with Daz Studio 4.5+. This latest version 2.1a remains un-copyrighted and in the public domain.

Happy modeling everyone!

You have even a tuto on the Winterbrose's site.
And for those interested, the code of the script.
Check FRM for great products

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
Re: PP2 Exporter v2.1a for Daz Studio
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2023, 06:48:05 AM »
Topic edited today because it was no longer available on Rendo.
Check FRM for great products

Online parkdalegardener

• Root Master
  • Working It
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2023, 11:33:23 AM »
This should help Agent with his project. Good find Aelin.
Illegitimus non carborundum
don't let the bastards grind you down

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2023, 04:54:03 PM »
OK, if I am getting some of what is written right, someone took the free uncopyrighted version of the script, added a couple of things to it, and re-released it as a copyrighted version to sell. Sounds like plagiarism to me. As the original was not copyrighted, they are able to get away with doing that? I would still call that a dishonest act! Stuff like this gets in my craw.
That said, I have the page in my bookmarks. I plan to download this version and the tutorial on how to use it. What I did not see was how to plug it into DAZ Studio. Also I don't know how to contact the people at Winterbrose, to ask questions. Got some exploring at that page to do on that. Perhaps the Readme will have the info I need to do the plugin.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Online Petege

• Taking Root
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2023, 08:35:18 PM »
It is not a plugin for Daz Studio. You need to execute it from your Content Library. To install the script, copy script folder of the zip file into your library. To execute it go to your Content Library in the Script folder.

When you want you can add it to the script menu in Daz Studio. Right click on the Exporter script icon in the Content Library and select Create Costum Action. It is now also in the Script menu of the Daz Studio menubar in Scripts to run it from here.

The original script has no copyright (Public Domain) see header script: "Copyright: NONE  Use for whatever you like."

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2023, 09:18:51 PM »
Thanks for that info, Petege. It clears up some misgivings I've had.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2023, 09:35:56 PM »
I'll likely grab PP2 Exporter and the Tutorial telling how to use it, and I may grab the code at the bottom of the page, for "Just In Case", though I never learned to write any script code.

Had a bad Thunderstorm pass through Macon just east of us. We got no lightning here, nor the rumbles of it, and just a few sprinkles of the rain. It happened just after 7, and the only thing we got from it was a temporary power outage, and some nice gusty wind that moved the heat of the day out. Power was out for about 20 minutes. It did make me have to reboot my PC. Had just got done prepping for cooking a late supper, and had to wait for the power to come back on to be able to cook it.

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2023, 11:42:10 PM »
Two questions:
1. Do I need to create a Script folder in the Content Library?
2. Is it supposed to be in the DAZ Studio Formats Library, or the Poser Formats Library?

I ask the above because I don't want to put it where it is not supposed to be.

Online Petege

• Taking Root
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2023, 03:27:21 AM »
When you use the zip file of the exporter, the script folder is already in. You need to copy it to the Daz Content Library.

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2023, 10:13:27 AM »
So just to be clear, the procedure is as follows.

1. Go to where My DAZ3D Library resides and open it. (This part is to have the folder opened while DAZ Studio does not need to be open also.)
2. In that folder find and open the Content folder.
3. Drag the window with the above in it to one side of the computer screen, and let it snap into place, filling half of the screen. (This is a personal preference step that works well for me.)
4. Open a new window and drag it to the other side of the screen, letting it snap into place, filling that half. (Now we have two windows on the screen.)
5. In the new window, navigate to where the PP2 Exporter .zip is located.
Using the zip file extractor of choice, extract the PP2 Exporter .zip to a new folder with the same name. (7Zip does this automatically if I click on that option.)
6. Open that folder, and find the Script folder.
7. Copy the Script folder, and move the cursor to the first window. (The one with My DAZ Studio Library/Content folder opened in it.)
8. Right click and paste the copied Script folder into the Content folder.
9. Open the Script folder to examine what it contains, and make sure it is all there. (Another personal preference step, as I like making sure I get things right.)

If any of the above parts of this procedure are incorrect, let me know.

What I know here is that this will put the PP2 Exporter in /DAZ Studio Formats/My DAZ3D Library/Content/Scripts. When I open DAZ Studio and get my .obj model ready for export, I would navigate through the above folder structure to find the PP2 Exporter. Then I would follow the procedure laid out in the included tutorial to successfully export my model to the .pp2 format. Once that is done, I would gather all supporting files and folders needed to make the product useful in DAZ Studio and Poser; basically setting up a Runtime folder structure. I would then copy that Runtime folder into a product folder bearing the name of the product. I would finalize it by zipping the product folder. After that I would need a content tester to see if my product works for others. I would want the tester to have both DAZ Studio and Poser. That tester would need to test the product in both applications.
I know this is a long comment, but like I said, I want to make sure I get everything right.
Let me know your thoughts on this comment.

participial