thelufias

2024 May 12 08:16:47
 :mom4: To All The Moms

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Radkres

2024 May 06 06:11:19
is it getting any better?  :coffeemaker:

vash99

2024 May 05 10:56:57
i tried during the infusion it didnt help

Radkres

2024 May 05 02:50:17
Have You Tried a Warm Compress  to see if that helps?

vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

thelufias

2024 May 04 09:23:33
It's SATURDAY MORNING...Cartoon time with Marvin the Martian

thelufias

2024 May 04 08:24:32
I use to use Ice Packs to lesson the pain and swelling. Worked well.

vash99

2024 May 03 11:29:10
had chemo today this time the iv went into my hand so now my hand and arm hurts as a result of the chemo i can't wait till this is done

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Can We Keep Him? © Sydneykeys

TOTW

Soccertods Netherlands © Pommerlis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 100114
  • Total Topics: 12324
  • Online Today: 872
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 173643 times)

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #790 on: December 01, 2019, 01:12:21 PM »
Yup...gotta do that every now and then.....

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #791 on: December 01, 2019, 01:46:31 PM »
Finally, am getting better at it as well, used to be not as assertive.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #792 on: December 01, 2019, 02:53:53 PM »
Serendipity has struck

... was in the bookstore earlier ... yep ... no surprise there ....

What do I find but, a title that just reached out and slapped me in the face.

"The Library of the Unwritten" by A. J. Hackwith

Read the back flap and the inside page and then read about ten pages at a random location in the volume.

Then realized it was time to buy it :tearlaugh:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #793 on: December 03, 2019, 05:28:41 AM »
Well, now yesterday was one of those eventful days.

The proverbial SHTF was the beginning of the morn, a MedCom project that was staged and waiting on material was sent out anyway to be installed. Several disconnects between all involved on that one, as no parts were ordered and then ye ole fair haired boy decided that, nope we are installing the county 800 over here, not there, yep ye ole boss was not happy about that, for once though I didn't fully throw someone under the bus by stating that yes, you did see that statement in the scope of work, he was not owning up to the fact that he had seen it and was just sticking to his story that he had already arranged for three network drops in the room and didn't want to split any of the equipment up and so forth, I know better though, anyway he got lucky.

Why because the big problem was what type of cable was ran in there, I seemed to have remembered the cheap ass LMR 400 crap. Which would have been a real pain as then we would want to replace it and since no material was ordered. :shrug: Would have had to pull something out of my hat yet again.

However all of the critical lines were actually in LDF4 so no cable needs to be replaced. It was even grounded to spec ... sort of ... will have to check it out when I go out there this morning. Yep, finally getting to the point of not having to go out all the time, sent the two installers plus the two new guys out there and said make it look like it does here in the shop staging rack.

The one picture they took shows that they are pretty close to being right on the money, so might not have to do much else then say thank you, good job.

However that was just the equipment now were are going out there to sweep the lines with a TDR and see if the existing lines are still usable, should be since they are indoors. Then determine the health of the existing antennas and re-use one and replace the other two.

Then we are at that sweet spot .... waiting on others ... yes they might have the three network drops in that room but downstairs they now need five and there has been no confirmation that it has been done. Without that and the IP address .... waiting on others.

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #794 on: December 03, 2019, 05:34:27 AM »
Finally had the last night of testing for the structured cable class, and boy howdy put them on their own and say do the tasks on this board it is quite apparent that one they can't read or two they don't care.

I am thinking a bit of both, as the quality and accuracy of the work left a lot to be desired, and I do mean a lot.

Granted I get the fact that you all are electricians and do not and probably will never touch this again but after 2 nights a week for 16 weeks you ought to be able to manage the simple stuff, make up keystone jacks, male mating plugs and land cable on distribution boards.

:ummm: Not so very much ...

Well, the good news is that no one will have to repeat the class, the bad news yea not having you do any cabling work for me ... yet.

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #795 on: December 03, 2019, 05:42:33 AM »
Finally got all of the portable read into the Radio Management database and assigned ID's to them. Still have the base stations to read into it before I can start checking firmware and assigning templates then do the actual programming so moving forward on that project.

Going slow because I am the only one doing the work, granted there are only two other people on the RM network that could access the database to do the work. However this is the first deployment from scratch and I am of the mindset that too many cooks spoil the broth. So let us not get ahead of ourselves, since these are being deployed on a cruise ship while it is on the ocean en route, and if there is an issue support is going to be kind of hard to get ... just saying.

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #796 on: December 03, 2019, 08:50:13 AM »
Hummm, you may have cursed yourself.  I'm thinking half the class is heading to your place of employment and are in the process of filling out job applications....   :xmas2:

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Attic Icon
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #797 on: December 03, 2019, 08:51:57 AM »
 :shh2:  They are the Sub contractors he has to clean up after!  :haha:

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #798 on: December 03, 2019, 08:55:02 AM »
:tearlaugh: :tearlaugh:   

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #799 on: December 03, 2019, 05:24:14 PM »
:shh2:  They are the Sub contractors he has to clean up after!  :haha:

That I can believe  .... shudder