thelufias

2024 May 12 08:16:47
 :mom4: To All The Moms

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Radkres

2024 May 06 06:11:19
is it getting any better?  :coffeemaker:

vash99

2024 May 05 10:56:57
i tried during the infusion it didnt help

Radkres

2024 May 05 02:50:17
Have You Tried a Warm Compress  to see if that helps?

vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

thelufias

2024 May 04 09:23:33
It's SATURDAY MORNING...Cartoon time with Marvin the Martian

thelufias

2024 May 04 08:24:32
I use to use Ice Packs to lesson the pain and swelling. Worked well.

vash99

2024 May 03 11:29:10
had chemo today this time the iv went into my hand so now my hand and arm hurts as a result of the chemo i can't wait till this is done

Fafnir

2024 May 03 06:33:28
 :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 May 02 09:17:51
It's a Rainy May Day in May..A good day for :java:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Can We Keep Him? © Sydneykeys

TOTW

Soccertods Netherlands © Pommerlis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99978
  • Total Topics: 12319
  • Online Today: 1017
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: External Runtime Part 1  (Read 1083 times)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
External Runtime Part 1
« on: June 14, 2011, 07:24:00 PM »
Have problems waiting for Poser to load because your runtime is rather large and unorganized? Would love to spend more time creating art instead of looking for that special item for that special character?

Well, the elegant solution is to have individual runtimes that organize your inventory. This will involve a lot of set up work on your part as there is no easy and quick way of doing it. If you have been doing this as long as myself which is only 8 years you probably have a collection that measures in the GB's as in tens of GB's.

So how do you get some sense of order, my first step was to break all my products out by the year in the modified column of Windows Explorer. This makes it a bit easier to deal with the volume of product. Once I did that then I started creating other folders broadly named, such as Gals, Men, Hair and so forth. Next in each of my broadly named folders then I created specific folders for each character. Aiko 3, Aiko 4, Victoria 3, Victoria 4, Mavka, Cookie and so forth in my Gals folder and then do so with my other folders for the Men, Hair, Props, and however detailed you want your sorting to be. Remember the more time you spend on this the easier it will be in the future to find anything that you purchase.

So once you got your folder structure set up you can then start with the year dated master folders, and start moving your zip files to each folder, start with the ones that are easily identified, and sort them out into the folders that you have created for them.
First problem this will take a very long time dependent on how large your collection happens to be, mine as mentioned covers several years. So work on it a little at a time and be precise it makes the end result so much more conducive for efficiency.

Well now that you have a start on sorting the files out you are going to run into several that you will be unable to determine just exactly what they are for, well if it is in a zip folder it is simple enough to go to open it and then find the read me file within it and figure out what you have and now you can put it in the proper folder. Product from DAZ is a bit harder but open a browser and then with the older product you can pop in the part number and you can get the details needed as to whom it is for or what it happens to be, some of the newer stuff doesn't have easy to reference part numbers. Still easy enough to check your account details and look at all orders and you can find your information in that manner.

I won't kid you this part is the hardest and most time consuming task you will ever do with Poser I assume that DAZ has a similar format with a runtime and such so these same principals of sorting can be applied there. Whether or not you can do external runtimes is beyond the scope of this thread as I do not use DAZ.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
Re: External Runtime Part 1
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 07:37:14 PM »
Would you believe I have the original set of jpg's with this on it that you sent many moons ago......But this is great......thus far LOL

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 07:43:38 PM »
I see and you have still not got them sorted out yet have thee? :thud:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 08:13:30 PM »
Ummmm.....Did I say I found them......I said I had them.....cause I never delete ANYTHING....

Until now.....been doing a lot of that as of late to prepare for the new puter.....  and clean a drive for a friend.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 08:45:12 PM »
Ah the plot thickens

participial