Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Fafnir

2024 Apr 22 05:20:09
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 20 10:45:19
i am it was chilly here to

thelufias

2024 Apr 20 02:40:22
Chilly here also Mary...Not sure about the "mebbe rain" part here.  Doesn't matter...I ain't going anywhere.

DarkAngel

2024 Apr 20 12:30:45
heloooooooo there on this chilly April day--it claims to mebbe rain, YUCK!  :c-cat:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99524
  • Total Topics: 12309
  • Online Today: 553
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Poser 11.2 -- The NEW Poser :(  (Read 21119 times)

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
Re: Poser 11.2 -- The NEW Poser :(
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2019, 03:51:59 PM »
Ok, I get you.  Will go to the public server and get new files.   I knew there were going to be issues because of the lack of communications from the PTB's.   Even while in the SLACK app we were not very well informed of things.   I realize there is a lack of personnel TO do the communicating, but c'mon now, a version change and no mailout or info IN Poser!?   That's not good at all.

I only downloaded the 11.2.272 update. That is the only version I've downloaded and installed, and then one day it was 11.2.286 and I seriously have no idea how that happened. I did not download anything else. I'd thought perhaps it updated over the web on it's own.

Offline OFW

• Victorian Woman
  • Sponsors
  • High Roller
  • The wayward child has returned
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2019, 04:03:51 PM »
You already owned Poser 11?   I think that "installed 3 times" is utter crap.   You are allowed to move a "seat" from one machine to another.  If it was uninstalled without unregistering that installation first, simply tell them that no longer exists.   The rule I read from way back when is I am allowed to have 1 copy installed on 1 desktop and one mobile (laptop).  I cannot run both at the same time.  That is the only rule about licensing issues I know of.   Never even heard of "3 Seats" before now.

I have been hit with the issue of "too many instances installed" in the past with Poser 7, with Vue 6 Inf., and a few other programs.   Usually had to do with wiping the hd on an old laptop before giving it to one of my kids.  And, NOT de-registering it first.  Oh and Adobe Photoshop definitely hit me with that too.

So, did you actually talk to someone at Renderosity?

Yes.  I sent in a contact with the issue and Jenn replied back to me and was the one who told me that I had installed it 3 times and that was why the installer was saying it wasn't valid any longer.  By that time I had already purchased another version.  She asked me who I bought the new version from, I responded that I bought it from Renderoisty, along with the S/N and the Invoice Number and she went radio silent after that.  I've tried to reach out a couple of time since with nothing. 
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -
George Bernard Shaw

Offline OFW

• Victorian Woman
  • Sponsors
  • High Roller
« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2019, 04:08:56 PM »
Ok I just had PP 11 check manually as 'check for updates on launch' was unchecked.  Duh.  Will turn that one one next!  New version downloading now.

Thanks Ray (and everybody talking about the new version!) !!!   

There is also a little tiny bell in the upper right hand corner of the program that will let you know when there is an update, or at least it did for me, today.  Perhaps this was part of one of the more recent updates?
George Bernard Shaw

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2019, 04:10:25 PM »
Ok I just had PP 11 check manually as 'check for updates on launch' was unchecked.  Duh.  Will turn that one one next!  New version downloading now.

Thanks Ray (and everybody talking about the new version!) !!!

I got one of those notices (mine  wasn't unchecked) the other day and I went and looked and decided I'm  not going to. So when you get it installed, McG I'd be interested to know what version number that is - if it's higher than .286. I don't like that the front update file doesn't have any version number on it. You can't tell if you need it or not. Over in the Poser forum, people have been asking for a kind of list that shows what the latest update fixed or did, like NVIDIA does when they update or just about anyone else. It *would* be nice to see. 

Seeing as how quite a few people do not have endless bandwidth and have to pay extra every time they go over their quota.

Offline OFW

• Victorian Woman
  • Sponsors
  • High Roller
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2019, 04:24:16 PM »
I got one of those notices (mine  wasn't unchecked) the other day and I went and looked and decided I'm  not going to. So when you get it installed, McG I'd be interested to know what version number that is - if it's higher than .286. I don't like that the front update file doesn't have any version number on it. You can't tell if you need it or not. Over in the Poser forum, people have been asking for a kind of list that shows what the latest update fixed or did, like NVIDIA does when they update or just about anyone else. It *would* be nice to see. 

Seeing as how quite a few people do not have endless bandwidth and have to pay extra every time they go over their quota.
I just installed today's update and it was .289
George Bernard Shaw

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2019, 05:31:22 PM »
There is also a little tiny bell in the upper right hand corner of the program that will let you know when there is an update, or at least it did for me, today.  Perhaps this was part of one of the more recent updates?

I might have seen it in there. It 'rings a bell' - bad, bad...I know.  :ifonly: But I was so busy looking at everything and where it is.

Really, "How many more times?" - as Robert Plant would ask. Is this going to be like Windows 10 only somewhat more controllable? Hopefully not. Well the controllable part is good, just not "When do the updates end?" part.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2019, 09:33:47 PM »
Hi!  Just got up, and installed the new PP 11 files.  Its running and showed "11.2.289" in the splash screen.

But this just shows the lack of good communication between Rendo Poser people and us.   Part of that lack is there is no version number on the files we download, nor can you see which version the installers are until you are finished with the installations and the program is running.   I don't feel that is being too picky either, wanting to know this stuff.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2019, 10:54:49 PM »
Hi!  Just got up, and installed the new PP 11 files.  Its running and showed "11.2.289" in the splash screen.

But this just shows the lack of good communication between Rendo Poser people and us.   Part of that lack is there is no version number on the files we download, nor can you see which version the installers are until you are finished with the installations and the program is running.   I don't feel that is being too picky either, wanting to know this stuff.

Exactly. Everything else we get that has versions has that info clearly labeled.

Offline OFW

• Victorian Woman
  • Sponsors
  • High Roller
« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2019, 03:55:08 AM »
I might have seen it in there. It 'rings a bell' - bad, bad...I know.  :ifonly: But I was so busy looking at everything and where it is.
:tearlaugh: :tearlaugh: On my tiny laptop screen its hard to miss it, but it's there.  Thinking I need to hook up an external monitor so I can see things better..these old eyes just don't see those tiny things so well on a 15" screen very well.

Really, "How many more times?" - as Robert Plant would ask. Is this going to be like Windows 10 only somewhat more controllable? Hopefully not. Well the controllable part is good, just not "When do the updates end?" part.
Personally, I don't care if they update it until they get everything that's been broken for years fixed...I'd rather have updates than have to shell out more money for another version, particularly in light of what I went through in July.  I really don't want to have to shell out more money for a new version so soon after having to purchase a second version of P11.  If they would "fix" my issue, I wouldn't feel so bad about it.
George Bernard Shaw

Online Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2019, 07:20:02 AM »

They need time before to be well with communication on updates maybe. Or maybe we don't look enough on their Poser forum? :shrug:
Check FRM for great products

participial