Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Fafnir

2024 Apr 22 05:20:09
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 20 10:45:19
i am it was chilly here to

thelufias

2024 Apr 20 02:40:22
Chilly here also Mary...Not sure about the "mebbe rain" part here.  Doesn't matter...I ain't going anywhere.

DarkAngel

2024 Apr 20 12:30:45
heloooooooo there on this chilly April day--it claims to mebbe rain, YUCK!  :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 Apr 20 08:06:41
Hang in there Vash

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99502
  • Total Topics: 12309
  • Online Today: 552
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Poser 11.2 -- The NEW Poser :(  (Read 21115 times)

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
Re: Poser 11.2 -- The NEW Poser :(
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2019, 03:02:15 PM »
That could simply be the indexing system trying to index all those new files you added to runtimes with all the freebie goodies.
It only needs to index once when you install new stuff, so if you let it run completely, future library loads should be much faster with no indexing.
Oh, and don't download the new Poser installation files after those released on the 19th.  What you see up there are beta files and not guaranteed to be error free.
You'll get a notice if stable updated files should be installed.

Ok, so we should still be using 11.2.272 right?

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2019, 03:08:29 PM »
It's now up to 11.2.286 last I looked and frankly I don't know how it got there, but that's the new version #

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2019, 03:09:25 PM »
Ok, so we should still be using 11.2.272 right?
When I took P11 the other day, it was September 25. And the version I obtained (not the Beta version) was Poser 11.2.286. One way or another, Poser was updated since you took it. Did you suscribe to have Poser before the official release date? If you, you have a Beta version.
Check FRM for great products

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2019, 03:11:09 PM »
When I delete stuff, it frees ram.  When I CTRL-N (New Scene) it clears its memory space.   Reminds me, I need to see if they fixed that blasted texture list continuing to accumulate data until Poser is restarted from the desktop.

In PC it is your user folder/app data/roaming/poser folder You get rid of those files to free up space, I did it every night cause although Poser should do it, sometimes it won't

On Mac it is in the hidden library folder:

Make the Library Visible Permanently

Apple hides the Library folder by setting a file system flag associated with the folder. Any folder on your Mac can have its visibility flag turned on or off; Apple just chose to set the Library folder's visibility flag to the off state. To reset the visibility flag, do the following:

Launch Terminal, located in /Applications/Utilities.
    Terminal icon in macOX Utilities folder

Enter the following command at the Terminal prompt:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

Click return.

Once the command is executed, you can quit Terminal. The Library folder will now be visible in the Finder.

Should you ever wish to set the Library folder back to its default hidden state in OS X or macOS, simply launch Terminal and issue the following Terminal command:

chflags hidden ~/Library

Click return.

Then you can go to Users/your folder name/Library/Application Support/Poser Pro 11/Render Cache and then delete to trash those files

the go to Users/your folder name/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/ --- there may be two folders in there Poser and Poser 11 choose the right one for your program --- /11/check these two folder and delete the files in them: PoserTextureCache and PoserUndoCache

Empty trash then re-open Poser.
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2019, 03:11:51 PM »
Trust when I say I completely understand!  When I came back, Bondware had just taken over Poser.  I couldn't download P11.  My S/N for both 10 and 11 were not "recognized".  I ended up having to shell out $199 for a "new" version.  I sent in a message and was told that my original license for 11 had been installed 3 times (see above) so it was no longer valid.  No reason why my P10 and PP2014 licenses were not recognized.  Then all communication shut down.  I HATE DAZ and what they did, but I feel like R'osity is doing the same exact thing, only with the software instead of the characters :(

You already owned Poser 11?   I think that "installed 3 times" is utter crap.   You are allowed to move a "seat" from one machine to another.  If it was uninstalled without unregistering that installation first, simply tell them that no longer exists.   The rule I read from way back when is I am allowed to have 1 copy installed on 1 desktop and one mobile (laptop).  I cannot run both at the same time.  That is the only rule about licensing issues I know of.   Never even heard of "3 Seats" before now.

I have been hit with the issue of "too many instances installed" in the past with Poser 7, with Vue 6 Inf., and a few other programs.   Usually had to do with wiping the hd on an old laptop before giving it to one of my kids.  And, NOT de-registering it first.  Oh and Adobe Photoshop definitely hit me with that too.

So, did you actually talk to someone at Renderosity?

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2019, 03:15:46 PM »
When I took P11 the other day, it was September 25. And the version I obtained (not the Beta version) was Poser 11.2.286. One way or another, Poser was updated since you took it. Did you suscribe to have Poser before the official release date? If you, you have a Beta version.

ON Sept 19, release day, the "release version" was 11.2.272.   I dl'd and installed THAT version from their public server, just as we were told to do.   No problem so far.   I have also dl'd that later release, but not installed it yet.  From the public server, not the private beta tester link.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2019, 03:17:39 PM »
In PC it is your user folder/app data/roaming/poser folder You get rid of those files to free up space, I did it every night cause although Poser should do it, sometimes it won't

(snipped MAC stuff)

Ok, I knew there were some things in there but never thought to go empty them manually!  Thanks Mary!  :)

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2019, 03:21:19 PM »
It's now up to 11.2.286 last I looked and frankly I don't know how it got there, but that's the new version #

Ok, I get you.  Will go to the public server and get new files.   I knew there were going to be issues because of the lack of communications from the PTB's.   Even while in the SLACK app we were not very well informed of things.   I realize there is a lack of personnel TO do the communicating, but c'mon now, a version change and no mailout or info IN Poser!?   That's not good at all.

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2019, 03:23:36 PM »
ON Sept 19, release day, the "release version" was 11.2.272.   I dl'd and installed THAT version from their public server, just as we were told to do.   No problem so far.   I have also dl'd that later release, but not installed it yet.  From the public server, not the private beta tester link.
Well, I simply followed the link gave by DarkAngel in that topic
http://www.thefantasiesattic.net/attic/index.php?topic=20890.0
And to be sure that connection would be better to load, I waited than most of people took Poser the first days of the release  :likeyou:
Check FRM for great products

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2019, 03:24:08 PM »
Ok I just had PP 11 check manually as 'check for updates on launch' was unchecked.  Duh.  Will turn that one one next!  New version downloading now.

Thanks Ray (and everybody talking about the new version!) !!!