Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Fafnir

2024 Apr 22 05:20:09
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 20 10:45:19
i am it was chilly here to

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99593
  • Total Topics: 12310
  • Online Today: 685
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: The Pet Shop  (Read 61661 times)

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
Re: The Pet Shop
« Reply #960 on: November 28, 2023, 06:42:05 PM »
Patience seems to fit right in with the whole gang of you!    How do Cookie Baby and McCartney take to her?

We have had first freeze, and also first snow (on Good Friday!).  So Mogwai is growing his Winter Coat now.  All his undercoat of very soft hair is getting longer.   He is looking like a sheep!  LOL!   We had a couple dark brown field mice decide to come in the house from some hole or other.  Mogwai brought me one to the kitchen, laid it in the middle of the floor where I usually park the chair.   I made the usual Good BOY! fuss over him, he looked suitably pleased and next thing I know he just jumped straight up off the bed where he'd been napping, and the mouse chase was ON!   I think he is deliberately letting this one live.  So he can play with it, and practice his skills.   I have seen him corner it twice, so he IS letting it live.   For now.    BUT the dang mouse had crawled OVER him and surprised him, on my BED!   I don't want it in bed with me, sheesh!

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #961 on: November 29, 2023, 12:02:12 AM »
Patience seems to fit right in with the whole gang of you!    How do Cookie Baby and McCartney take to her?

We have had first freeze, and also first snow (on Good Friday!).  So Mogwai is growing his Winter Coat now.  All his undercoat of very soft hair is getting longer.   He is looking like a sheep!  LOL!   We had a couple dark brown field mice decide to come in the house from some hole or other.  Mogwai brought me one to the kitchen, laid it in the middle of the floor where I usually park the chair.   I made the usual Good BOY! fuss over him, he looked suitably pleased and next thing I know he just jumped straight up off the bed where he'd been napping, and the mouse chase was ON!   I think he is deliberately letting this one live.  So he can play with it, and practice his skills.   I have seen him corner it twice, so he IS letting it live.   For now.    BUT the dang mouse had crawled OVER him and surprised him, on my BED!   I don't want it in bed with me, sheesh!
Cookie Baby was standoffish at first, but now she is getting to be more accepting of Patience. On the other hand, McCartney and Patience took to each other almost immediately. He lets her play attack him, and sometimes acts like he has been brought down by her. The way it happens looks comical, and make us laugh. When it is time for bed, I often have all three of them sleeping on or against me, and each other. I woke one night and found Patience sleeping on a sleeping Cookie Baby's back, with Cookie Baby on my left leg crossways. McCartney was right next to her, also asleep. So it seems our cats are pretty much accepting each other now. Cookie Baby does sometimes growl at Patience or McCartney when she wants some alone time. If they keep bothering her, she moves to a spot where they won't bother her. From there she watches them, and if they come her way she gives a warning growl, and will swat at them if the insist being with her. Cookie Baby is the oldest of them, and she thinks she's the boss. They let her be the boss most of the time, but sometimes they want what they want, and insist more strongly. Then I either step in if things get too heated, or if things remain mild, I let them work it out. If the fight is happening on my lap, I step in and prevent it pronto. Not gonna be the "cut to ribbons battleground." LOL

Edited to add:
McCartney would catch the mouse and gobble it down in a heartbeat. Cookie Baby does that sometimes, but when she does, she always leaves something to cleanup. As for Patience, we think she is going to be a good mouser, because of the way she is so energetic when play hunting. Even so, I think McCartney will continue to rule in that department. He is one amazing mouser! Nine in just two hours one time, when we lived in the RV trailer. That just might be a world record!
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #962 on: November 30, 2023, 12:43:46 AM »
Way cool!   Cookie Baby sounds like a normal Queen.  THEY rule the world of domestic cats!   The males, as big brother or elder sorts, are usually very good teachers for the kittens.   Tattoo did that for Mogwai.   Great stuff man!

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #963 on: November 30, 2023, 11:18:14 AM »
Way cool!   Cookie Baby sounds like a normal Queen.  THEY rule the world of domestic cats!   The males, as big brother or elder sorts, are usually very good teachers for the kittens.   Tattoo did that for Mogwai.   Great stuff man!
You got that right, McG! Cookie Baby is the Cat Queen around here. McCartney is usually subservient to her, and treats her as a true Southern Gentleman would a lady. I count myself among the true Southern Gentlemen,because I treat the ladies with great respect. That is the way McCartney treats Cookie Baby. As for his relationship with Patience, we believe he knows why we adopted her into the family. When she gets old enough, she will be his mate. We want her to have 1 or 2 litters before we have her fixed. That will instill the Mother Instinct into her; at least we hope it will. For now, she is quite happy with us.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #964 on: November 30, 2023, 10:54:26 PM »
I hear ya!  Just don't go counting kittens before they're born!  ;o)_

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #965 on: December 01, 2023, 07:44:58 AM »
I wake up every morning with at least 4 out of the 6 on the bed snoring away.  Good thing I'm not a restless sleeper LOL....and they take turns as to who ends up on the bed I guess.  Henrietta and Bootsy are always on the bed...but the others change up as to who gets the next berthing spot LOLOL....

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #966 on: December 01, 2023, 03:25:17 PM »
I hear ya!  Just don't go counting kittens before they're born!  ;o)_
We know. Anything can happen before the time she is old enough to mate. The fact that McCartney and Patience are getting along well is encouraging though. I think Cookie Baby will likely get into the Grandmother role if and when it happens. We are hoping everything goes smoothly concerning this, but as always we are preparing for possible troubles, in case they occur. With McCartney being a handsome Grey Tabby, and Patience being the most unusual Tuxedo we've ever seen, we are wondering what their offspring will look like. Some of his offspring in the place we used to live were interestingly patterned; with one black and white female tuxedo, he sired some awesome looking Grey Tabby Tuxedo cats, both male and female. We were seeing a Grey and Orange Tabby Mix also, which was a very unusual looking cat. She had patches of the two colors all over her body, plus a few white patches. Another of his offspring was a male that looked like a Dark Chocolate Tabby. I thought he was a real handsome kitty. Another male had the front part of him all white, and his rear half all Grey Tabby. So McCartney's genes are quite strong. And the way they mix with other types is very interesting. Patience is mostly white, with just a few small patches of black here and there. The largest patch of black is on her head, looking like the Catwoman cowl from the movie Catwoman starring Halley Berry as the Catwoman Patience. This is how our kitten got her name. That said, she is not actually a Patient cat by any means. She is also a very insistent cat, determined to do what she wants to do, despite our wishes! She is also displaying plenty of intelligence. We like that, although it could mean a fair amount of troubles with her in the future. I and my brother are accomplished cat trainers, though; so we shall see how that works out. Hopefully her smarts will have her learning what we will allow, and what we deem a no no. She seems to be getting it thus far.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #967 on: December 02, 2023, 09:12:11 AM »
I cranked up the heater this morning, and  around 2 will likely tone it down a bit.   Meantime, even though I usually like it kinda cool, I want to be warm today!  And I greeted Moggie this morning, but left him snug on the back of the sofa.  As cool as it is now, low 30's most mornings, Mogwai won't move from whatever spot he's warmed up already.

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #968 on: December 02, 2023, 09:23:57 AM »
Woke up to 27 degrees....Told the outside critters to gobble the wet food down fast....as if I have to tell them that....it's gone as soon as I turn my back to come inside LOLOL...  Warmed up a bit though...it's 32 degrees right now..

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #969 on: December 05, 2023, 01:20:27 AM »
I woke up at 7:30, looked at the window, still dark as heck.   I sat up, noted the text from the nurse, wanted to see me at 8:00 am.  I go SHEEIIT!  I got 30 mins to get ready and in the living room with a cuppa coffee!  So I get in The Chair, and head for the kitchen like I am driving the Thunderbolt Greaseslapper....bang it on every corner, get coffee going, get the cup ready.  Check Mogwai's food and water, make that cup and put on another while sipping that first down quick.  Then looked at the glucometer, it says it is still Monday Dec 4.  I get to my room and see it is even darker out.  It is now 8:00.   *PM* !!!  I am 12 hrs early!   LOL!  Mogwai didn't care one way or t'other, cause he got to sleep in bed with me.   Right against the back of my legs.  I could feel him purring whenever he did.  Heh!   Cool weather, he sleeps a LOT!

participial