Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Fafnir

2024 Apr 22 05:20:09
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 20 10:45:19
i am it was chilly here to

thelufias

2024 Apr 20 02:40:22
Chilly here also Mary...Not sure about the "mebbe rain" part here.  Doesn't matter...I ain't going anywhere.

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99581
  • Total Topics: 12310
  • Online Today: 685
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: The Pet Shop  (Read 61656 times)

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
Re: The Pet Shop
« Reply #890 on: August 12, 2023, 08:25:49 AM »
Nope.....They are now learning how to be a PITA without even trying :tearlaugh:   But we still love them....

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #891 on: August 12, 2023, 08:28:13 AM »
Still have Stripes, Blacky I and Blacky II outside with the 4 kittens.  Both of the Blackies watch the kids when Stripes needs a break....it pretty cool.  Right now they are saving me on Birdseed since only the brave birds go on the feeders....

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #892 on: August 14, 2023, 03:04:07 AM »
Tattoo used to do that, and have fresh lunch al fresco.   Normally under our car.   The pile of feathers under that Jeep was scary.   I wonder where all the bones went?   He would spend most of the day outside if the weather was nice.   But he came IN to head straight for the litterbox.   Then he wanted out again.   

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #893 on: August 14, 2023, 03:27:39 AM »
McCartney always ate all of what he caught, meat and bones mostly. With birds he caught he was careful not to eat the feathers. I watched him pluck his bird catch before eating it one time. Did not know he could be so smart.
My point is that most of what a cat can catch can be eaten both meat and bones. Cats have pretty resilient stomachs it seems. If they are careful while eating, the bones don't get caught in their throats. McCartney is obviously a careful eater. Tattoo most likely was also.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #894 on: August 14, 2023, 06:51:23 AM »
T he cats I know of that are good hunters never took long to get things figured out.    Tiny birds might have softer bones maybe?   Did see him down a few Jay birds.  He did leave a bit of carcass with those.   I really hated finding a Ruby throated Hummingbirds gorget once.  Sigh.   How does the cat know they are little treasures of birds?

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #895 on: August 14, 2023, 07:39:47 AM »
Stripes is a great hunter and is trying to teach the other girls how to hunt...since the males are lazy and do no hunting LOLOL.

Online sanbie

• 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #896 on: August 14, 2023, 05:27:38 PM »
Sanbie, why can't cats be allowed to roam freely?
Sorry just saw this...
Because they kill the wildlife McG...if caught several times they can be put down... It's a load of bull if you ask me.

Online Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #897 on: August 14, 2023, 06:50:29 PM »
Sorry just saw this...
Because they kill the wildlife McG...if caught several times they can be put down... It's a load of bull if you ask me.
That is a load of bull. If you experience rat and mouse infestations (another type of wildlife), you know they are pests that can destroy property of many types. So having cats around is a really good idea, because they hunt these little pests and keep their populations down. Your government there should be taught about how the Black Death and Bubonic Plague happened in Europe. It was because the Catholic Church declared all cats to be witches familiars, and put the decree out that all cats are to be destroyed. When there were no more cats in most parts of Europe, there was a population explosion of rats, and to perhaps a lesser degree (still devastating in their own right) mice! Europe was overrun by rats and mice. As these rats and mice were carriers of the diseases that soon devastated Europe, all that had to happen for the diseases to be transmitted from the rat and mice to human was to be bitten by a flea that had first bitten a rat or mouse that was carrying one of the diseases. Millions died because of what the Church Authorities declared; including many who were among the clergy.
Now it is important to remember that these two disease pandemics did not happen at the same time. One happened a few years after the first. That said, neither would have occurred if the cats in Europe had not been killed off both times!
So my point is this. Having cats roaming free is not as bad as the governments say. The amount of other types of wildlife taken by cats is minimal compared to the most hunted species by cats. Besides, there are many other predators there that live in the wild, and they kill far more of that precious wildlife the government is trying to protect. Also many of those wild predators are a danger to humans, but I'd bet my bottom dollar that the government officials are not even thinking about that!
Government in most cases are big mouths with little minds!
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Online sanbie

• 1000 Grand Roller
« Reply #898 on: August 15, 2023, 02:21:29 AM »
OMG Agent we have already had an influx of mice! I don't think it's in Queensland yet...but down south has.

Hope this shows up for you.

Australia mouse plague: Millions of mice are swarming NSW towns. Now, there's a plan to end the plague with poison | CNN

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #899 on: August 15, 2023, 10:12:38 AM »
Got curious about Australia and Cats and went to my information place....Wiki....and found this:  Cats In Australia