Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Fafnir

2024 Apr 22 05:20:09
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 20 10:45:19
i am it was chilly here to

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99589
  • Total Topics: 12310
  • Online Today: 685
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: The Pet Shop  (Read 61658 times)

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
Re: The Pet Shop
« Reply #420 on: December 05, 2021, 09:31:57 AM »
Well, I changed up the schedule Mc-G.   Even though Oz and Henrietta were normally the ones who bugged me to feed them at 5AM....Puss Puss and Boots weren't that interested. 

So I figured once a day with the wet food....and that will be at 7AM....and EVERYONE ate then.  Maybe it was way to early for Boots and Puss Puss to be Hungry. 

And we also decided wet food will be in the morning only since they all are lovers of water and they eat dry food most of the day anyway.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #421 on: December 05, 2021, 10:51:43 PM »
Sounds good TL!   I give mine their wet food every other day cause the Vet said its better for their teeth to eat the dry food.  Acts as toothbrush for them, as well.   But I sometimes (often) split one tub of wet for them on their 'off' day.  Heh!  Thing is they insist on having dry food too.  Like yours (and most cats) they go get a nibble here and a bite there all day long.   So, as long as they DO eat the dry every day, I can't see any harm to a little treat every day.  Especially since both of them absolutely adore it!   Ha!

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #422 on: December 06, 2021, 09:47:51 AM »
Day One of separate room feedings.  IT Worked!  Of course.  Heh!   Mogwai ate his fill, and is one happy cat.  He started playing with my hand when I straightened the couch back covers.  He rolled that big ol middle up for me to scratch for him, tucked all 4 legs right in.  So I gave him his gentle scratching.  He did try to catch my hand as I walked off to do my feet.    But he looked at me, gave me a big happy purr-meow and left his tongue out.  Happy Cat Smile!  LOL!  Tattoo?  I think he was actually mad at me.  He didn't get to Play BOSS on Mogwai.  Oh Well!  ;o)
 :happydance: :glittery: :xmas11:

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #423 on: December 06, 2021, 09:51:19 AM »
I wonder if Mogwai don't care for sucking water through his teeth like most cats do.  And might be cause it opens the Jacobsen Organ 'vents' in the roof of his mouth up front where his missing tooth was.   Either way, he does it but not with strength or very often.   I tried using a toothbrush but he just played with it.  Figures eh?

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #424 on: December 06, 2021, 11:38:24 AM »
I read where a lot of cats don't like the wet food and eats dry food only....which is OK if they drink a lot of water also.

My friend Mel has two Maine Coon Cats and one of them would not drink water or eat wet food.  Only liked the dry food and soda...(yup....they gave it to her) but soda does not hydrate so they ended up having to pay $600 to a vet to clear out the blockage....

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #425 on: December 06, 2021, 06:58:52 PM »
My my my.   That ain't good at all, TL.  Poor cat.    Mine like their water too.  A LOT, and more than once a day too.  Which I think is great :)

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #426 on: December 06, 2021, 10:24:26 PM »
Tattoo just HAS to have at least *A* bite of whatever it is I fix for myself.   Tonight, I took a Jalapeno and Cheddar link, sliced off one end and cut it up for him.  Put it over by their food bowl.  Mogwai was sound asleep keeping the living room heater company.  There are times I figure I may be doing Tattoo a little harm by giving him tidbits of my stuff.  Normally he turns away from seasoned stuff.  And this new sausage is most definitely seasoned.   But, he ate the bits I cut up.   Gone in two seconds.  I will remember giving him this tomorrow while I clean up his output where ever it may plop. Duh!

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #427 on: December 07, 2021, 10:05:12 AM »
Good MORNING all Attic Denizens!  Whether ye be with skin, fur, feathers scales or or whatever!   Have a Merry and GOOD one!    :happydance:

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #428 on: December 15, 2021, 10:34:04 AM »
Dry Cat Food.   I decided to try one of those  better ingredients foods.  That Blue Buffalo is more expensive than the hydrolyzed protein stuff I have to buy from the Vet clinic only!  Even Purina has a couple of types like that.  BUT, I saw they had improved 'kinder' ingredients cat foods too.  So I tried a small bag from Walmart, and oh did the boys like it!  They both got where they did not like the old Meow Mix regular dry food at all.  Something changed in it.  And, apparently, to the cats, it literally stinks.  They didn't eat it.   Uh Oh.  That's why they are now eating from this new 22 lb bag of Purina Ocean Treats Dry Cat Food.  I think the main ingredient is Salmon.  Then some brown rice, green  peas, stuff they can actually digest that is also somewhat hypo allergenic.  Tattoo isn't scratching his face off, and Mogwai enjoys it too.   So far their most favorite foods are Seafood!  Cool.   :cool: :pervy:
 :tree: :xmas8: :santa3: :xmas: :merryxmas: :snowlady: :xtree:

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #429 on: December 15, 2021, 01:36:58 PM »
I think many cats are loving better fish than chicken. Here, when it's the moment to alternate between the dry food (a old pack and a new one), you can be sure the fish dry food keep its success, no matter it's the old dry food or the new one!
Check FRM for great products

participial