thelufias

2024 May 12 08:16:47
 :mom4: To All The Moms

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Radkres

2024 May 06 06:11:19
is it getting any better?  :coffeemaker:

vash99

2024 May 05 10:56:57
i tried during the infusion it didnt help

Radkres

2024 May 05 02:50:17
Have You Tried a Warm Compress  to see if that helps?

vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

thelufias

2024 May 04 09:23:33
It's SATURDAY MORNING...Cartoon time with Marvin the Martian

thelufias

2024 May 04 08:24:32
I use to use Ice Packs to lesson the pain and swelling. Worked well.

vash99

2024 May 03 11:29:10
had chemo today this time the iv went into my hand so now my hand and arm hurts as a result of the chemo i can't wait till this is done

Fafnir

2024 May 03 06:33:28
 :c-cat:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Can We Keep Him? © Sydneykeys

TOTW

Soccertods Netherlands © Pommerlis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 100051
  • Total Topics: 12322
  • Online Today: 977
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Old-Fashioned Cabbage Rolls  (Read 454 times)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Old-Fashioned Cabbage Rolls
« on: November 07, 2021, 07:40:53 AM »
Old-Fashioned Cabbage Rolls

INGREDIENTS:

1.5 lbs lean ground beef, or extra lean ground beef
1 c. COOKED long-grain rice, or a similar variety
1.5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 large egg
⅓ c. chopped fresh parsley
1 yellow onion, peeled and minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp dried dill (dill weed)
3 (13.5-oz.) cans tomato sauce, divided (about three 398 millilitres) cans or 5 cups
½ to 1 tsp red chilli flakes (crushed red pepper flakes), optional
½ c. water, leftover from boiling cabbage
Chopped fresh dill, garnish to taste (optional)
1 medium head green cabbage (you'll need around 18 leaves for the rolls and another 8 to 10 or so for the bottom of the dish and over top)
1.5 tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper

INSTRUCTIONS:

Following the package directions, cook the rice. Meanwhile, prepare the oven. Preheat it to 350 degrees F.
Combine the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, egg, cooked rice, onion, parsley, garlic, salt, black pepper, dill, onion powder, red chilli flakes, and half a cup of tomato sauce in a large bowl until well mixed.
Add the head of cabbage to a large pot of boiling water. Boil it for about 8 to 10 minutes, turning it over very carefully partway through. Now, carefully take the head of the cabbage out of the water. Saving the water to re-boil the cabbage as you begin peeling the leaves off and some for the sauce.
Start removing the cabbage leaves once the cabbage is cool enough to handle, cutting the core out from each leaf.
On the bottom of a deep 9x 13-inch baking dish, place some of the cabbage leaves. You can also use a roasting pan for this. Distribute around 1/4 cup of the ground beef mixture on each leaf. Wrap the leaf up by folding it in the sides, then rolling it up. Place the cabbage roll seam-side down in the prepared dish. Repeat with the rest of the cabbage leaves and ground beef mixture.
Whisk the rest of the 4.5 cups of tomato sauce with half a cup of cabbage water in a medium bowl. Pour this on top of the cabbage rolls. If you want less tomato bite, you can stir in around a tbsp or so of white or brown sugar.
Top the cabbage rolls with extra cabbage leaves. Finally, tightly tent the casserole with aluminium foil. Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 2 hrs 15 minutes or 2 hrs 30 minutes, covered, until the cabbage is cooked through and the ground beef is brown. The rolls are done when the internal temperature of the cabbage rolls reached 160 degrees F.
When done, very carefully take the foil off the dish, then discard the top cabbage leaves. Let the cabbage rolls cool for at least 20 minutes or so before serving. If desired, you can garnish these cabbage rolls with dill. Place any leftovers in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 2 to 4 days. Reheat when serving. Enjoy!

NOTES
For this recipe, I recommend using extra lean ground beef to avoid the dish from getting too greasy. Feel free to substitute some of the tomato sauce with canned tomatoes. You can use either diced or whole peeled tomatoes. Using your hands or a potato masher, crush the whole peel canned tomatoes. If going this direction, you should use 1 (28 ounces) can of tomatoes with 1 (13 to 14 ounces) can of tomato sauce. If you want the tomato sauce extra rich, whisk 1 to 2 tbsp tomato paste into the sauce/water mixture upon pouring this over the stuffed cabbage rolls.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

participial