Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Fafnir

2024 Apr 22 05:20:09
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 20 10:45:19
i am it was chilly here to

thelufias

2024 Apr 20 02:40:22
Chilly here also Mary...Not sure about the "mebbe rain" part here.  Doesn't matter...I ain't going anywhere.

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99568
  • Total Topics: 12310
  • Online Today: 685
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Poser 12 Flash News  (Read 1743 times)

Online DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
Poser 12 Flash News
« on: January 20, 2021, 02:00:25 PM »
How to fix your Runtime now that Adobe Flash has reached end of life

Adobe didn't just end support of Flash on Dec. 31, 2020, it killed it.

The company suggested uninstalling the program after Dec. 31, 2020, because Adobe will not issue Flash Player updates or security patches. And then on Jan 12, 2021 Adobe blocked Flash content from running "to help secure your system." Not only did this impact major web browsers by disabling Flash Player content, but it also blocked the libraries from loading in Poser 10 and earlier versions and stopped Reality in Poser from working.

This is because Poser 10 used AIR, a form of Adobe Flash, to manage your runtime.

We have found a few ways around the death of Flash that will repopulate your runtimes, so you can keep creating.

Fixing Adobe Flash in Poser 10

Option 1

This is the option Poser Support recommends.
First, open Poser.

Then, go to edit > edit > general preferences > library and change library to external.

Option 2
Renderosity community member bagginsbill found this fix way back in 2014.

First, close Poser.

Next, find your poser.ini file, which is likely in this location: C:/Users/YOURUSERNAME/AppData/Roaming/Poser/10. It could be in AppData/Roaming/Poser Pro/VERSIONNUMBER.

(If you are fearful of editing the file, simply right-click the Poser.ini file, choose Copy then right click again and choose Paste. This will make a backup of your Poser.ini file. Then, you can then edit the original Poser.ini file itself. If anything goes wrong you can delete the edited Poser.ini file and rename the copy back to the original name.)

Then, in poser.ini look for LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 0. (Open the Poser 10 file folder, click on the Poser icon at the bottom, to find the Configuration settings.)

This will pop up a menu, and find LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 0. Change the zero to a 1 and save the file. If your libraries in Poser 2014 stopped working, change LIBRARY_IS_AIR from 1 to 0.

Finally, open Poser and your libraries will populate. The only difference is that the Libraries palette may be in white.

Option 3
Upgrade to a more recent version of Poser.

Poser 11 and Poser 12 are not reliant on Adobe Flash at all.
For a limited time, we have released Poser 11 from the vault for $99.99. In addition to fixing the Adobe Flash problem without you having to edit files, it also comes with over $900 in FREE downloadable content, gives users access to the functions that were formerly restricted to Poser Pro versions and introduces the SuperFly Render engine based on Cycles. Get Poser 11 here.

Or you could jump versions to Poser 12.

The newest version of Poser updates the SuperFly render engine based on Blender's Cycles 1.12. SuperFly's new Adaptive Sampling improves render speed and quality by detecting render noise and focusing on noisy areas. The new render engine gives improved compositing capabilities with its new shadow catcher objects and background transparency.

Poser 12 also adds support for Nvidia's raytracing hardware, Intel OIDN, an A.I. based image denoising system, a new post effects palette for denoise and more, and Python 3 scripting for improved security and stability. And it continues support for Firefly render engine and legacy content, La Femme and L'Homme, and more.

If you aren't sure, try the 21-day full feature, free trial. Download it here.

Option 4

Options 1 and 2 do not work for users of Poser 7 through 9 were also affected. These users and any other affected users can fix the issue by installing a third-party library manager.
If you want to go this route, we suggest P3DO by yarp.

It's available in the Renderosity MarketPlace (HERE) for $24.95. There is also a limited free version (HERE).
P3DO is a multimedia tool for viewing and managing your CG assets, 3D objects, 3D animations, and digital pictures with a simple, intuitive, thumb-nailed interface. It works in all versions of Poser along with other 3D program library managers.

For Poser users, the program acts as a Libraries browser, creating thumbnails, Runtime shortcuts, and colored directory nodes from internal and external runtimes. The browser displays your content in an Explorer-style window.

You can read more about yarp and P3DO HERE.
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Online Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
Re: Poser 12 Flash News
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 02:13:19 PM »
I remember I was no more able to see my Library in Poser 10, but kept anyway the program on my comp.
I was working with Poser 11 without problems... until it was bought by Rendo, who decided suddenly we needed to be online to open the program each time after our comp is turned off. Not using internet on my other comp, I checked again for Poser 10. And I found one of the explanations you gave I think the option 2.

EDIT: here the topic I made when I found the solution It's alive!
Check FRM for great products

Offline semicharm

• Taking Root
  • SSSoSo Curator
    • Semicharm's Splendiferous Symposium of Superfluous odditieS
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 02:46:58 PM »
I've updated LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 1 in the Poser.ini file and how I get "The webpage cannot be found".
Ugh, what idiot thought using an embedded web browser for the library was a good idea anyway? It's been nothing but headaches ever since and no one had the presence of mind to reverse course.
  :rainy:
For the record, Poser 11 uses Chromium Embedded Framework.
Follow the links below to find my Splendiferous Symposium of Superfluous odditieS:
http://semicharm.deviantart.com/

Online Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 03:03:23 PM »
Maybe because there are 3 changes to do in your code. If you do only one, there are great risks it doesn't work. Like I said in the old topic, I changed things by

LIB_POPUP_TIMEOUT 190
LIBRARY_IS_AIR 1
LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 1

Those changes allowed me to be back to fun with Poser.
Check FRM for great products

Offline semicharm

• Taking Root
  • SSSoSo Curator
    • Semicharm's Splendiferous Symposium of Superfluous odditieS
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 03:45:12 PM »
I tried it with LIBRARY_IS_AIR set to 0 and 1. Even tried setting LIB_POPUP_TIMEOUT up to 500. No dice.

On a different note, I got the whole external library through P3dO and the remote python thing working. It's clunky as hell, but I've managed to put the UI on a diet. LOL
Follow the links below to find my Splendiferous Symposium of Superfluous odditieS:
http://semicharm.deviantart.com/

Offline CardinalBiggles

• Taking Root
  • Author, Illustrator, cat slave
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 07:57:24 PM »
The BagginsBill fix works perfectly in pro14 but you may have to go looking for the place to fix it. I gave it to my ever-loving, and said to him "DO something, Muttley" and he proceeded to do it. I love that man very much.
I do own Poser 11 but didn't find it as intuitive as PoserPro14
send more Winged Hussars, please