Chat Room

What's Up

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

vash99

2024 May 06 10:50:12
a little

Radkres

2024 May 06 06:11:19
is it getting any better?  :coffeemaker:

vash99

2024 May 05 10:56:57
i tried during the infusion it didnt help

Radkres

2024 May 05 02:50:17
Have You Tried a Warm Compress  to see if that helps?

vash99

2024 May 05 01:28:09
no swelling just feels like my forearm is on fire

thelufias

2024 May 04 09:23:33
It's SATURDAY MORNING...Cartoon time with Marvin the Martian

thelufias

2024 May 04 08:24:32
I use to use Ice Packs to lesson the pain and swelling. Worked well.

vash99

2024 May 03 11:29:10
had chemo today this time the iv went into my hand so now my hand and arm hurts as a result of the chemo i can't wait till this is done

Fafnir

2024 May 03 06:33:28
 :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 May 02 09:17:51
It's a Rainy May Day in May..A good day for :java:

thelufias

2024 May 01 07:22:42
Another day...Another coffee :java: Ahhhhh

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Can We Keep Him? © Sydneykeys

TOTW

Soccertods Netherlands © Pommerlis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99954
  • Total Topics: 12319
  • Online Today: 997
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Random Comments  (Read 2775 times)

Offline M-Callahan

• Attic Projectionist
  • Attic Icon
  • Bow Ties are cool.
Re: Random Comments
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2020, 07:38:27 PM »
I believe that Ford was the grandchild of Dr. Who named Susan.  I know she came back to work in the five doctors. 
Round up all the usual suspects!

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2020, 07:43:14 PM »
Yes, she was introduced as his granddaughter, an in the episode "An Unearthly Child" she stated that she was born in the 51st century if memory serves.

Plus in the "Dalek Invasion of the Earth" where he locks her out of the TARDIS to stay on Earth with David, in his good bye message to her he refers to her as his granddaughter multiple times.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2020, 07:44:35 PM »
Did have a thing for teachers. C.A.Ford was a cutie that grew into a beauty. I was fond of Deborah Watling (Victoria), great to look at, hard on the ears when the alien monsters appeared.
8 )
Cheers

Well, I am a teacher ... part time ....  :iminnocent:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Offline Wizzard

• Wizard of Odd
  • Working It
  • Lurker in the dark, with a torch.
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2020, 10:07:29 PM »
Yeah, but you're no Barbara....  8 )
In the Movie with Peter Cushing, they felt the need to add another grandaughter.
So... one for the kids, one for the teens and Peter for the ladies.
Bernie for the younger ladies. Kinda nice they brought him back during Tennant's tenure.
Cheers
Hey Don't be mean, remember.. no matter where you
go,
There you are.
Buckaroo Banzai

Offline M-Callahan

• Attic Projectionist
  • Attic Icon
  • Bow Ties are cool.
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2020, 09:43:15 PM »
A little time to vent.  I think the writers have destroyed the history of Dr Who and have destroyed the television show too.  When it came back from the 1980's into the 21st century is carried on in the same tradition from the first doctor and one could identify with the original series since it had a history that dated back to the first doctor.  Now that the history has changed I believe the Show is dead.

Offline Wizzard

• Wizard of Odd
  • Working It
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2020, 09:54:21 PM »
I presume you're talking about the last Whittaker episode?
Two edged, on one hand.. totally frelled, on the other what a reveal.
Though does makes things interesting with the end of Smith's tenure.
8 )      Cheers
go,
There you are.
Buckaroo Banzai

Offline M-Callahan

• Attic Projectionist
  • Attic Icon
  • Bow Ties are cool.
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2020, 12:01:56 AM »
The story is so far out of the bounds it seems not finished and not thought through. The in a way the Master personality was lacking compared to all the others whom played the roll made the acting was flat for the master. Basically the master seem rather plastic.  I think if they could have had a brief flash back to William Hartnell on Gallifrey maybe for a second or two may have  made a full circle to the complete series.  Someone like Neil Gaiman could have made it better show.  I really don't like Paul Cornell work on the series he seem to be lacking in completing a story by using the past to create the present and leaving an open ended pause for the next episode.  I don't like the fact the Doctor is locked up for the a life sentence and for what is the Doc being jailed for?  They should have stopped at the Rino coming through the door and saying she is under arrest.  This would have built up more curiosity tension to wanting to see what is next.  Instead of seeing the Doctor in jail at the end.   

To sum it up basically it is writing and acting.   

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2020, 05:19:05 AM »
Reminds me of the War Lord, "I've been hearing disquieting rumors, are they true?"

Well, I was not impressed with season eleven, Jodie's debut and from all the spoilers and blurbs that I have been hearing methinks season twelve is not going to make me any happier.

:sigh:

Last season was bad enough with all of the "e**ing" political correctness, plus the man giving birth episode, all time low in my eyes.

Tis so sad that such an entertaining classic that has been aired for over 50 years, has met its Waterloo at the hands of ... well I don't know what to call the writers and directors that have ruined it, but rest assured it isn't pretty.

Offline FrahHawk

• Thundering Hawk
  • Attic Icon
  • It always begins with a dream...
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2020, 10:18:19 AM »
I don't really understand the last 2 episodes of Dr Who. Even when I watched it on Demand, it didn't make sense. Jodie is a good actor but the nuances of the character is lost on her. Is it me or did the show lose something in the script? It didn't make sense and still doesn't make sense. (Well the part leading up to the reveal of the "new Black" Dr).  :whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe:
When life gives you lemons, freeze them and throw them back at the bastards. :hawk:
9/11/01 never forget...

Offline Wizzard

• Wizard of Odd
  • Working It
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2020, 11:07:48 AM »
They got Sylvester McCoy to hand over to Paul McGann, I thought that a nice touch. And the Doctor returning to tea and boocke a lovely touch. *Insert looong pause*
John Hurt, Added later,
Chris Eccleston, portrayed a Doctor near consumed with rage and sadness, but hid that behind "feeble" humour. 

David Tennant, The rage lessened to anger, the sadness deepened, but bettre at hiding behind humour.   

Matt Smith, Reprised Pat Troughton's Doctor as a child with nukes. deep depression and anger well hidden with humour.
Peter Capaldi continued Smith's Doctor with touches of all the previous. Accentuated Memory crisis, From McGann on each regeneration had a more difficult time incorporating prior memories. Which made sense as each regen should be a bit harder than previous ones.
Jodie Whittaker, Personally I think if Moffet was still show runner it would have worked bettre, but over all, not too bad. The latest (last?) season kinda twisted things up a bit, and made The Doctor considerablly more important to Time Lord existance.   *shrug*
Cheers
go,
There you are.
Buckaroo Banzai

participial