Chat Room

What's Up

thelufias

2024 May 22 07:49:05
Hugs to you AngellsG....Hope the healing process will not be to long this time....

Radkres

2024 May 21 07:41:27
Ouch! Will Keep You in our Prayers!  :nurse:

AngellsGraphics

2024 May 21 06:53:06
Hi everyone, once again I have a broken rib sure is no fun lol. Hope to be back not doing much in art these days. Hope you all have a great summer. :peek:

Fafnir

2024 May 21 07:57:00
 :peek:

vash99

2024 May 20 10:05:46
 :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 May 20 08:10:00
Yo Hey

vash99

2024 May 19 12:36:10
hey yo

Radkres

2024 May 18 09:13:03
Hey  :peek:

Pommerlis

2024 May 18 10:40:05
Just passing by sayin heeyyy :overthefence:

Fafnir

2024 May 15 07:19:22
 :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 May 12 08:16:47
 :mom4: To All The Moms

vash99

2024 May 10 09:11:17
i figured i would try here first who better to ask than fellow artists

Radkres

2024 May 10 09:37:32
Have You tried Google? "Hands on head photo" and see if that triggers your memory?  :peek:

vash99

2024 May 09 11:19:09
im trying to recreate a pose from the 80sits a simple 2 quarters headshot of a woman loking at the camera both arms bent in front of her hands on her head for the life of me i cant remember how to do the pose

thelufias

2024 May 07 08:31:06
Gooooood Morning to everyone....:java: Ahhhhh

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

pic of baby owl © Fafnir

TOTW

What a brilliant idea, my friend! © Nemesis

Monthly Contest Winner ~ April
~Anything Goes~

1st Place:

Amour Florist and Gifts © Launok

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 100231
  • Total Topics: 12328
  • Online Today: 953
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: McG's Place  (Read 15622 times)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: New Rig coming up!
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2020, 07:15:46 PM »
I do the hurry up and wait every time I order manga and anime :tearlaugh:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2020, 05:43:46 AM »
Seems I do it every time I really need or want something real  bad from Walmart.com

They just delayed my mobo's arrival till Thursday, June 18.   :(

:coffee3: :phfft:

SO.   might as well have some FUN whilst forced to wait.  Some more.

:haremdance: :rave: :bouncy: :cmereJ: :40: :CHAPLI:

I better shut up while it's ONLY a few dayze added!
 :seeyou:

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2020, 12:18:29 PM »
They typically have to order in computer items.  They may say they are in stock....but not at their place.  Had that happen before.   My shipment would come from the manufacturer and not Walmart.  Kinda like Amazon does at times.

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2020, 12:58:18 AM »
i hear you, TL!    Walmart, NewEgg, Amazon, TigerDirect.   They all appear to use the same suppliers.  Then too, Best Buy and lots of mom n pop computer shops use the same also.   Just that in 12 years time, some of those names have changed.  Amazon behaves different than I remember.  Have had an account with em for some 15 years now.   reading tells some stories;   SOME of the common type items they do have in stock, somewhere.   Walmart too.   But some items, like the RYZEN 7's and the top end motherboards that it takes to use that CPU, that comes from dedicated sellers.  Being as the main 3 computer stores all use those same sellers I can see what is stocked and where the cutoff is.
Well, I was the one that just had to have an octal core monstrosity, along with 16 threads.  That went above their cutoff, and was ordered in from their supplier.   I did also find a RYZEN 9, 12 cores, 24 threads!   Whew!  a Grand for the CPU and another Grand just for the motherboard to run the beast.   I am thinking WOW, i thought it was bad enough to drop $800 for a CPU, Motherboard and 32 gigs of RAM for this build.   The 12 years ago build was a bit over $900, and was pretty much the same thing.  "The Main Three!"  CPU, MOBO, RAM.   Oh, add a cheep case and 550W PSU.   Kinda evened em out I think.   Means the prices for this stuff did not maintain;  they dropped through the 12 years!   You won't find me complaining about that!  LOL!   
 :woohoo: :coffeemaker:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2020, 01:04:56 AM »
TL, the walk in Walmart here has some of the really every-day kind of items.   They carry memory cards for cameras, USB flash drives in various sizes, keyboards n mice, audio headsets, web cams, some monitors, PHONES alongside a few boxed systems, laptops, tablets and bits n bobs for those things.  And a small selection of software.   GAMES!   I think 5 different consoles plus some for PC.   Lots of game cards for TIME for some games, or in-game trade/money.   some, you buy the game but have to take delivery through Steam.   
Used to be able to buy HD's in the store.   If there are any there now, they are on clearance.   Then their warehouse has some other items stocked there.   Above that, have to order in.   Fast Food Carryout!  Ha!

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2020, 02:01:27 AM »
Ah HA!   DHL reports that my package is just a bit over 400 miles from me!   It is in Grand Prairie, Tx.  This is right beside Dallas, Tx.   Sooo...it's gonna take them from Saturday the 13th to Thursday the 18th to get it the rest of the way to HERE.   Hmmm.   Well, that is a long walk, for sure and for certain!

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2020, 02:25:10 PM »
But I do wish they'd get a move on!   :D

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2020, 02:47:36 PM »
Our Walmart is the same way.  Has a little of everything and a lot of nothing LOL.

But I LOVE my Walmart walks....especially when the Wallet rebels and I only have one or two items in the cart...though I've been walking around the store for an hour or so :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2020, 03:00:48 PM »
I don't get out TO our Walmart that often now with the COVID situation.  They allow some folks in to shop, but seem to prefer we order online and pickup outside.  Bleah.   I enjoy spending time in Walmart too.  Shopping, yaknow?

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2020, 03:18:25 PM »

OK, it's HERE now!  DHL turned it over to the USPS in Grand Prairie, and miracle of miracles, the post office sent me texts updating my package's whereabouts.   Then, at 10:25 am, I got the DELIVERED text.  Funny how just as the mail carrier set the carton down in front of my door, the text arrived saying it was delivered.   Wonder how they do that?  Anyway,   I made me slowly walk it to the kitchen area, get out a snap knife and open the carton.  Wow, it's even the right one!   it's the exact thing I ordered!   Yaaay!   Brand new ASUS motherboard box, still sealed.  *I* cut those seals.  HAR!  Man, it's cool looking.   I recall thinking the same thing about my current Gigabyte mobo, 12 years ago.   Well, I am getting everything together that I am going to need to do the disassembly/assembly of the old and new stuff.   I see this thing is supposed to light up too.   Whoopee do!  I just need it to work and run its butt off!  LOL! 
Some interesting things too about this.  The BIOS can be updated with a thumb drive set up a special way, to BOOT to it, and it loads that way.  Will look at that bit later I am sure.   this motherboard will actually start and run BIOS without any CPU in the socket.   Wow.  Now that's new.  It has 4 DIMM slots, a couple PCIe slots, some small slot type connectors, maybe for M.2, and EIGHT SATA port connectors.  all pointing either UP or straight to the case front.   Easier access I think.  I have to think about the size and length of the old BFG 8800 GTX.  It just misses hitting the drive cage by an inch.  I will also be getting a modern nvidia card, but gotta take it slow.   Being a pensioner, money is tight!
The tiny GT 740 SC 2 gig single slot card works, but the fan shaft bearing is squealing.   Means replace the bearing or the whole card, to be reliable.   
Anyway, ALL the parts I ordered are HERE now, in my happy old hands.  :o)   Yippee!  :crazysmile: