Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Fafnir

2024 Apr 22 05:20:09
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 20 10:45:19
i am it was chilly here to

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99630
  • Total Topics: 12310
  • Online Today: 647
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 172366 times)

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #2490 on: June 06, 2021, 05:00:05 AM »
Hey J, check out No Man's Sky.... heh heh!

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2491 on: June 07, 2021, 07:52:38 PM »
Well, kept myself busy after replacing all of the lights in the parts room. What do I hear a thank you .... NOT ... now they are complaining it is too bright and we can't turn the lights off in the room without turning them off out in the office ladies area.

Sorry can't help you, the reason is that all of those lights in question are controlled by a set of three ways, and quite possibly there was a four way thrown in back in the day.

All I got was lip about it and :rat-atat: is how I responded, it has been like this since I started here so get over it. Besides now you can see in the parts room so parts can be put up and all the repairs that are waiting on parts can get filled. Wow, ye ole junior office lady didn't like that one bit and got all hoity toity and told me to mind my own business .... guess I hit a nerve, since I knew there were parts in the room that had been received previously but had still not been processed or used to fill the repair backlog on the repair shelf.

Truth hurts as they say .... don't care there are repairs that are still waiting on parts since March and based on what I saw there are more then enough of the correct parts to fill them all.

Anyway decided not to waste my time and found other things to do, Went to Disney to work on alarm points and well, that was a can of worms that needs some pesticide to get it under control, why ... simple landed new alarm points and installed bridge clips on the 66 block to activate the points and wha-bam ... nothing ... no light on the device, just an alarm on the event monitor. changed polarity on the wires, no change. :ummm: methinks some poor soul is going to have to go back to the drawing board.

This morning I went back to my favorite branch of the one hospital chain (my point of contact is quite the looker :pervy: ) to get ahead of the people pulling the cable for the DAS in their new ED.

Learned that the rumor was to also install the MedCom upgrade in that room so while I was there went on the roof to check out the appearance. First things first, my contact had no idea how to get to this section of the roof. Turns out that you can only access it from the original portion of the hospital on the second floor. Boy, that is going to suck ass in regards to getting material up there to do the antenna work. Second part of the suck ass is the concept of how to make it clean and neat and so forth .... no good solution is available. Provided three choices to the fair haired genius boy ... I mean PM .... he can explain it to the facility manager.

Got back to the shop and imagine this, repairs that needed parts and supposedly according to the junior OL would require her to swim to Malaysia to get them have miraculously showed up and started to be put out. :ummm: Gods above I wish I could push that envelope but with my luck it would get me fired although there is a problem trying to get someone to do what I do and/or up to my level of skill in a timely manner ... which means ... lots of luck (technically not happening) ... but no sense in fighting a losing battle with people that do not have the same work ethic as I. Because in a nutshell that is the difficulty. Plus, why lower myself to their level of incompetence. Time to walk away from it.

My work ethic is way different from hers. She is from Jamaica and barely half my age and that is all I will say ..... children these days. :sigh:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2492 on: June 07, 2021, 08:04:12 PM »
My seconded bit of fun occurred when I was getting ready to leave for the day, just happened to see a screw in the tread of my tire on the passenger front.

Oh great not what I want to see at the end of the day, so drive home and hope for the best and get it looked at in the morning, yea that sounds like an accident waiting to happen.
Or go over to Tires Plus (preferred vendor) and get it looked at before going home.

Well, after an hour of waiting to get in and have it checked ... oh let us not forget that we did have a new book to read while reading and went through 149 pages, while waiting. Turns out I got lucky and the screw did not penetrate the tread and I had no leak or problem :woohoo:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2493 on: June 07, 2021, 08:11:31 PM »
Got even more lucky as one of the system techs came by to drop off TV's to be installed at a new Fire Station. Just so happens he is the one who covers the Disney sites as mentioned before, so cool running I got to have him take back with him the extra electronics from the move back to the prime site at Disney.

Excellent, a trip I do not have to make .... loving it.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2494 on: June 07, 2021, 08:50:39 PM »
Time for some cable fail pics

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #2495 on: June 07, 2021, 09:06:03 PM »
The grounding fail scene really gets me.   Sigh.   The very first idea they had was just so WRONG!   Oh well.  Rip it down and do it over.   One serious surge load on those #4's and that thin bar vaporizes.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2496 on: June 08, 2021, 05:47:19 AM »
I like the WTF picture mainly because it reminds me of the power poles in the Philippines when I visited back in 2007

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2497 on: June 09, 2021, 05:46:44 AM »
Well, this is not good for unknown reasons I am s bit on the depressed side.

And here I thought that since I tested negative for emotions that depression was no longer going to visit me. Seems someone is deluded on how that works

Offline Wizzard

• Wizard of Odd
  • Working It
  • Lurker in the dark, with a torch.
« Reply #2498 on: June 09, 2021, 12:03:39 PM »
Could be physical as opposed to emotional Jherr. low blood sugar, elevated histamines, low seratonin, even just a rough night's sleep.  Balance is more than not falling down when you stand upright. Keytones sugars and protiens need be balanced as well.
How to verify or do this? I've no clue, just passing on datum provided to me about 2 decades ago.  Maybe one of the yummy meals you've listed?

Cheers
Hey Don't be mean, remember.. no matter where you
go,
There you are.
Buckaroo Banzai

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #2499 on: June 09, 2021, 02:26:35 PM »
I discovered the last months that if I eat apples for the dinner, I become depressed for the rest of the evening. Once, with dark ideas.
No matter the apples are in a pie, a cake, marmelade, or just themselves.

The rest of the day, no problem with apples :shrug:
Check FRM for great products

participial