Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Fafnir

2024 Apr 22 05:20:09
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 20 10:45:19
i am it was chilly here to

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99633
  • Total Topics: 12310
  • Online Today: 730
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 172391 times)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #2340 on: April 24, 2021, 03:20:45 PM »
Yee haw managed to get through my Friday without needing bail money.

:yippee:

Although it was touch and go, realized I did not have my portable power supply for mobile radios with me, so stopped by the shop to pick it up, and if anyone could get behind every slow driving person and drive through one accident zone, it would be me.

Yes, we did and frustrated soon became my mood. I seem to be easy to influenced, another thing that I am finally realizing I need to work on, yep I am slow.

To add insult to injury it turns out I did not need it, as there was one already available.  :sigh:

At any rate I managed to get through the bus radio programming. Although, I certainly do miss the former head of that department. Yep, he retired and the guys that moved up are ever so not up to his standards.

Case in point, formerly all radios were in order as to serial number and the ID numbers were sequential as well, not this time. Had to access each serial number and then cross check the ID prior to programming ... took over three hours for the two of us to do 120 radios.

Yes, believe it or not this took longer then previously.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2341 on: April 24, 2021, 03:54:29 PM »
Friday afternoon went swimmingly as well ....

Yep got to the hospital that they want to open up as in June 1st.

They have the ACHA next week, so part of the tasks last week that the other installers were in charge of while I was doing preventive maintenance on ambulances, was to get the place ready for that inspection. So the MedCom install that they worked on was more important to my mind then the BDA install that the other team was trying to complete, and since we were there to assist them from the beginning, not on my list to get personally involved.

My concern was MedCom, so when I got out there, yes before the senior tech, I laid out the remotes and got them powered up and plugged in on the patch panel. Tried to get them to connect and they decided to fight me

:rat-atat:

Senior tech showed up and that was when I had the thought that maybe I had the patch panel ports reversed ... So while I was walking in with the senior tech I mentioned it and the first thing I did was reverse them and when I tried to get the desksets to connect this time.

:woohoo:

They connected

For a bit more back story, these are the first set of desktops that I programmed under his guidance and they worked with no blood sacrifice required.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #2342 on: April 24, 2021, 07:12:34 PM »
Very cool!   You even sound happy, Jherrith!  :)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2343 on: April 25, 2021, 07:39:18 AM »
:tearlaugh: Indeed and that doesn't happen often does it?

Monday will be entertaining, as we still have ambulances to do maintenance and programming. Still need to complete an inventory for two other projects. Still waiting on config files for a third project. Plus, the other prodigal project is still waiting on the vendor to deliver missing parts.

And just to make it interesting we have another one of those abomination "dog and pony shows" happening .... you know the ones where the bosses boss shows up to talk smack or something ...

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2344 on: April 25, 2021, 04:36:03 PM »
Not been a stellar day, woke up to a falling barometer and ugly skies and although it never did actually rain it has certainly been a miserable for me and the concept of being a bipedal humanoid that breaths oxygen.

Tried to keep my activities down to a small roar so as to shall we say not have to rely upon the rescue inhaler and have managed to get through the day so far but man oh man it has been a suck ass day.

May wind up using it anyway since I do feel so miserable

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #2345 on: April 26, 2021, 10:28:58 AM »
Yeah a truly entertaining Monday.  930am Dominoes aint open yet.  I ordered a delivery anyway.  Bleah! Totally beautiful day and chock full of POLLEN!   So at least I will have an enjoyable brunch! 

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #2346 on: April 27, 2021, 02:32:22 AM »
 I DID!  :D

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #2347 on: April 27, 2021, 11:37:37 AM »
Very cool!   You even sound happy, Jherrith!  :)

Which is a rarity in itself  :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2348 on: April 27, 2021, 06:09:55 PM »
Which is a rarity in itself  :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh:

It could happen

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2349 on: April 28, 2021, 09:14:40 PM »
Well, got some serious couple of days worth of entertainment in the past two days.

Will have to do a RDCV (Readers Digest Condensed Version) in a few, but since it is bedtime for those of us that still get up for work before the sun rises, you will have to wait.

You might enjoy the tale about the replacing of 40 circuits that powers up the County side of the public safety communications system for the Courthouse and others.

Then we have the ever so paralyzing, dull, boring, tedious and commonplace of more ambulances for maintenance and upgrades, shipping out of a Nitro system, finally receiving the EID's for the radio equipment at a new FSED (Free Standing Emergency Department), new radios to program for an existing hospital department, PM's on the local university PD radios and having to wipe all user info from the radios back from the cruise ship ... oh don't forget to inventory them while you are at it.

I swear, (a lot) step out of the office for one day and the hosts of Midian come forth ... :tearlaugh: ... in multitudes

participial