Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Fafnir

2024 Apr 22 05:20:09
 :havesum:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99647
  • Total Topics: 12311
  • Online Today: 737
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 172412 times)

Jherrith and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Wizzard

• Wizard of Odd
  • Working It
  • Lurker in the dark, with a torch.
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #1820 on: August 30, 2020, 12:03:50 PM »
Oooooooorrrrr... it was yet another "Hey!, I'm important too!"
Even though these outbursts tend to diminish any validity to the statement.
8 )
Cheers
Hey Don't be mean, remember.. no matter where you
go,
There you are.
Buckaroo Banzai

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1821 on: August 30, 2020, 12:55:50 PM »
Interesting insight we like it very much ... might use that tomorrow when I go back to work at the office and start building said cables.

Lord knows if I will deign to talk or reply to the insignificant one.

See I knew it was good thing to "vent" in here you lot come up with such useful and intriguing insights that I overlook.

Thank you, here have a :tanqueray: or :sake: or :JB: then again you might want the :frau: to attend to the liquid refreshment while you kick back for the :shakeyour: :letusboogie: :cheer: :sassy: :whoops:

Now where is my next test to update for the new semester since they have cut my time and number of days down I need to shorten some of my tests to fit within the allotted time.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1822 on: September 01, 2020, 05:42:31 AM »
Well, the other "I'm impotent ... important weenie" decided to put in his two cents.

Asked if all was good and did I have any questions about the cable matrix?

:ummm: Yes, I have a question, why can't you lot leave me alone, and let me get on with my work?

However in the interest of not being any more of an ass then I already am, I just replied that I just started them this morning and when complete I will let you know so you can print up a label for shipping.
That ought to put the cat among the pigeons since I said nothing about having taken Thursday and Friday off last week as PTO, technically not their business. Got the request for this work on Tuesday but it took them until Friday to provide the documents for doing the work. They also seemed to think that oh you will be able to ship them out Tuesday (today).

Well, only if that was the only thing I had to contend with as that is not the case on any given day in my world. Although it is and always has been apparent over the decades that those above me think that their problem, request, demand ... whatever ... is the only thing I am to concern myself with ... never remembering that certain tasks are interconnected with others and if one link fails :shrug:

The "to be expected" nonsense when I came in yesterday was present as surmised. More crap in the bay, strewn all over the place. Crap from previous is still laying about the place and the piece dé resistance the recyclable dumpster is overflowing, however if they were to have bothered and broken down all of the boxes from the install at the hospital there would have been no problem. That dumpster is emptied once a week on Thursday only, and I refuse to pick up and break down boxes that they should have done so when they tossed them away in the first place.

It truly sucks that I am the only one that sees and understands the little things like that, but at this point it is wearing very thin that they assume that someone else is going to pick up after them, because I am stopping ... and will just pass it on up the food chain and have someone else deal with it. Since anytime I ask for the others to pitch in and clean up after themselves I get either blank looks or hear the sound of crickets.

:rat-atat:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1823 on: September 01, 2020, 07:07:07 PM »
Well, now talk about feeling useless, got home and settled in went next door to talk to the neighbor and the next thing we hear hollering and screaming to wake the neighborhood.

My goodness, not what I expected, the neighbor down the way that has been remodeling for about a month, was dragging a person out of the place, that looked way to limp to be in good health. Blood pouring from his head and his mouth had me going crazy, considering that I do not speak Spanish, both me and my neighbor knew something was very wrong.

Three other neighbors came out of the wood work and one was already dialing 911 and speaking to someone getting help.

The thing that bothered me was that I had a radio, bad news was it was not a county radio where I would have been able to break in and report a medical emergency and cut out the middle man. Granted the response time was way under 10 minutes, even going through dispatch.

Still felt helpless, made sure that the friend that was holding the guy was still responsive along with another lady that was driving by to get to the post box had a towel to help staunch the blood.

The good news is that the bleeding was stopped, he started to respond to questions, and was semi-lucid by the time the medical response got there, that made me feel better.

So a group of random neighbors came together to help someone that was injured and stayed with him till professional help arrived and finished stabilizing his condition.

Final diagnosis, he had suffered an epileptic seizure, fell off a ladder and cracked his head, was basically a flesh wound, but the blood in his mouth was from biting his tongue while in distress. And when you come right down to it, bleeding from ones head and being mostly unresponsive does not make me feel positive about your condition. However between three folks tending and two folk coordinating Fire Rescue everything turned out for the best, he was much better when they arrived and had improved even more by the time they were taking him to the hospital.

Not certain what they had done but whatever it was the guy was more stable then when the SHTF, listened to the paramedics asking questions for a while and was able to fill in the blanks since the patient was still a bit out of it.

After that, like I said felt three kinds of useless, since even though I had radio communications, it was on the wrong freq and was unable to request help for the guy.

I did make a call later to my senior to ask if I had been capable of doing so would it have been legal and how would one make such a call.

According to him yes I could have done so, although since some one had already dialed 911 it would not have been proper to "override" the initial call.

Talk about an unusual evening once home from work, but it had a happy ending as the injured person was in stable condition by the time they took him to the hospital.

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Attic Icon
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #1824 on: September 01, 2020, 07:23:44 PM »
 :woohoo:  He Made it!
And Going to help shows you are the Right kinda person! :viking:
Yea the whole Radio vs Phone thing can get tricky.
Some of the better 911 systems  can pinpoint a Cell now!
Back when I was installing they had to have you provide an Address etc.. Most people do not know where they are much less now days.  :whatthe:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1825 on: September 02, 2020, 05:52:20 AM »
An address was requested while the neighbor was on the line with 911, didn't know the house address of the victim, but gave his and since we all have a common parking lot in the townhome community  ... it is just get close and you will see a group of people trying to keep an injured person calm.
Have a feeling that the county system is pretty robust, as I said it was not nearly as long as it felt before the first responder showed up. Police mind you, but within another minute the fire truck showed up with a fire rescue, and finally an ambulance that eventually took him to the hospital. By the time it was all over there were three police officers on the scene. Looks like the crew in Winter Garden has got the minimum response time drill down pat.

Oh took the time to say thank you to one of the fire rescue folks, seemed like the right thing to do.

The crazy bit was by the time the dust had settled and minor conversation was going on, it became disturbingly clear that epilepsy is more common then it was in the past.

The victim has it, his grandmother has it and the whole family is disposed to having it. The neighbor who dialed 911, his wife has it, the lady that helped with staunching the blood and keeping him talking has a family member that has it, and when walking back to the house, another random neighbor inquired as to what happened and turns out her grandmother also has it.

Five random people that have family members that have to deal with epilepsy, didn't see that coming at all.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #1826 on: September 02, 2020, 03:48:20 PM »
Interesting insight we like it very much ... might use that tomorrow when I go back to work at the office and start building said cables.

Lord knows if I will deign to talk or reply to the insignificant one.

See I knew it was good thing to "vent" in here you lot come up with such useful and intriguing insights that I overlook.

Thank you, here have a :tanqueray: or :sake: or :JB: then again you might want the :frau: to attend to the liquid refreshment while you kick back for the :shakeyour: :letusboogie: :cheer: :sassy: :whoops:

Now where is my next test to update for the new semester since they have cut my time and number of days down I need to shorten some of my tests to fit within the allotted time.
Brother J, you and me are totally on the same page with ALL of this today! 

HIC!
Only I found my way into a quart of Hiram Walkers Blackberry BRANDY dood!   Yeah BUDDY!  :D  I looked for Sake, there wasnt any!

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #1827 on: September 02, 2020, 03:50:35 PM »
Yeah I will have some of that Maid to Go pretty please!   :D 
 :haremdance: :rave: Fine li'l song n dance act there!
McG.

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #1828 on: September 02, 2020, 03:53:41 PM »
Uh Oh!   I got kinfolks in Winter Garden FL!   It's where i swam with Bull Shark pups when I was 7 yrs old!  The things still foller me around they do!

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #1829 on: September 03, 2020, 05:57:16 AM »
Well, yesterday was not to terribly bad. Must have been in a mood, though as I felt like no one gave a damn about anything I was doing, don't even feel like they acknowledged my presence.
Good thing I do not require their approval to feel good about myself.

However finished applying labels to the cables for Arizona and got a shipping label for it from the impotent one, who amazingly did not bother me at all after my last email.
Think he is trying to pull a fast one though, read the fine print on the label and it said "bill sender" in other words me. Let the office lady know about that and it threw her for a loop also, however she has ways to back charge them and they wont even know.
Then to rub the insult in, the guy that requested all of these to be made, said oh I didn't schedule a pick up since "intelliship" didn't allow him to do so, you will need to drop it off or schedule it for me.

:ummm: wow you really are three kinds of incompetent. Did schedule it, technically the office lady did and by the time I left for class it was gone and on its way.

Fast forward to after class. since I do not let the phone rule me, I seldom check it unless I hear a alert tone and even then I ignore them. So it was not till then that I looked at it and what do I see but a "chat message" asking if I the cables sent out.

Why of course not moron, I do not make special trips to cover for your ineptness.

Wanted to say that but refrained :sigh:

What I did say was it is easier to get a hold of me via email and yes they were picked up.

Ass-hat, like I am going to wait with bated breath for someone to send a message or jump because that phone give an alert indicating something new came in, the frelling company installed that crap on my laptop and phone, I do not want, need or desire to use "chat" and could give a *&^%$#&*@ less about it.

Yeah, yeah tell me how you really feel.

The reason I find that app annoying is that it is another freaking step just to get to it, where in email it is a message with the first couple of words and I can scan quickly all mail in a glance and read the important ones. In chat I have to open another window and then scroll to get to the newest and then open it to finally be able to read the damn thing. The reason it is annoying is that he sent that out at 11:00 and I did not know or realize I had anything until 8:00 PM yeah real efficient that chat crap, then there is the concept of I do not work from a computer, I process data and other stuff yes, but as far as my work is done on one, not so very much.

Remember I am making CAT5e cables those still have to be done by hand last time I checked :tearlaugh: