Fafnir

2024 Apr 24 07:38:45
 :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 24 07:13:00
As long as it's not a lot...Chocolate always helps :havesum:

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 24 04:42:47
Second surgery done last monday. Does chocolate help?

thelufias

2024 Apr 23 10:19:20
It's Tootsie Tuesday...Enjoy the day

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Lyra © Prae

TOTW

Teddy © Egzariuf

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 245
  • Latest: Loogtao
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99673
  • Total Topics: 12311
  • Online Today: 819
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 172497 times)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #170 on: April 09, 2019, 05:46:09 AM »
New fun, they are trying to roll out a new method of time keeping and tacking work being done. Had the training class yesterday, one would think if you are rolling it out to be implemented within the next two weeks plus or minus that you would one have all of the people that you expect to use it on the database to be able to install and access the program.

:thud:

If you already figured out that not only was I not on the list, but so were two others and to add insult to injury the demo version already had two bugs in it. The production version did not have them but I have no access to the production version, in other words I cannot log into it. Even what I could log into as mentioned had several bugs and it took them pretty much the entire three hour training class to get it where I could at least sign in and follow along.

Now for the icing this is an app on the phone :thud: to me so far it is clunky and how is this supposed to save time or create a more accurate snapshot of what is done is beyond me.

The only good news is that this is more for the public safety side of our business and not the commercial which is more of what I do ... although it was mentioned that eventually all commercial and Federal will be rolled into this time keeping app.

:sigh:

I am so going to start spreading jalapeno pepper sauce on the straps, to break me of the habit of chewing through them.

:iminnocent:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2019, 09:55:11 AM »
LOL.....As you know from past experiences....Chewing Straps gets you nowhere LOLOL

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #172 on: April 10, 2019, 08:50:57 PM »
Well, after today's meeting with the Fire Marshal for Orange county you might be on to something, installing the cable for these public safety DAS that we are doing is going to get even more complicated once they (Orange county Fire Marshal) get the resolution they are working on passed and adopted.

Looks like I will have something that resembles job security for some little time too come to say the least.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #173 on: April 11, 2019, 05:40:50 AM »
At last a true win, been hinting for proper lighting since I started seven years ago and last year they finally got proper lighting in the bay, granted I was the one rewiring all the fixtures for LED lights and installing them, yes I made them bring a lift out there so I could do it safely.
Funny part was there order two light shy of what was required.
Finally this year I got them to order the last two and said the tech center for lighting is becoming completley untenable so ye ole boss finally broke down and found 2 x 4 LED fixtures for the drop ceiling.

:yippee:

Well, at long last in all that copious free time I have :iminnocent: I got them installed man oh man what a difference that makes, just to keep poking the bear I counted how many more would be needed to do the rest of the place.

Another 32 and he actually wrote it down and ... well who knows

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #174 on: April 11, 2019, 11:39:27 AM »
You'll end up with two more and will have to fight for the rest....but just consider it a challenge LOLOLOL....But good news on the two you do have now....

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #175 on: April 11, 2019, 06:14:46 PM »
Well, both the bay and the tech center, along with the shipping/receiving area is properly lighted now, so I am already calling that a win, now if we can get enough to completely retrofit our side of the building I would be happy, no idea when I will ever get time to install them but then again I do not expect to see them in the next three days :tearlaugh: either

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #176 on: April 11, 2019, 06:49:26 PM »
That's a Plus Plus at times I'm sure :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #177 on: April 11, 2019, 07:04:48 PM »
Went on a hunt for radio signal ghost's today at two sites and boy howdy did we ever find some ... although let me tell you we did pick a bad/good day. They were having a hazmat drill today at all campus's and did we observe some odd readings ... yes we did ... even worse by end of the trouble shooting.

Fun point was two things ... while at one site the higher ups see us and say oh by the way our radios do not talk to this or that department ... turns out yes they wont as they are on a direct talk group and are not on the system so therefore they will never talk to another group. 
Then we get accosted by another department saying we just got this radio back and it does not work at all, yep never been reprogrammed.

Well the fun part is I took care of business on it once we got back to the shop and delivered it on the way home. Yes, it is a bit out of the way but not terribly so ... and that surprised them, so calling that a win.

The fly in the ointment is that while there I get an email stating that they have two radio's at another site that one have no asset tag, on them and two have not been programmed so when can I get out there to take care of business. :thud:

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #178 on: April 11, 2019, 07:10:04 PM »

See that....You're making yourself indispensable   :yesway:

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #179 on: April 11, 2019, 07:28:43 PM »
I so want to say "never" does never work for you