Happy Halloween!!!

image credits
Character & Outfit: B-Untamed by Amaranth
 Witch Hat: by Lunchlady
 Broomstick: Freebie No Read Me
 Background: Lucky 7 Halloween BGs by GillB

© NitaB

Visit our Annual Halloween 2104 Time to Howl gift page and grab your goodies that our participants have graciously made for all to enjoy and make loads of things with them....let us see what you can come up with.

You may need to turn down your speakers and turn off the lights.

Check out today's (10-23) gift! Tell all you meet and greet about this goodie that is for a limited time, code to unlock is on the gift page.

Fantasies Realm Market Index

Donations

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Click images to view

VOTE for our site!

Click image to go cast your vote, then go
 HERE!
to post it in the forum!

Awards given out

10,000 votes - Platinum Award
5,000 votes - Gold Award
2,500 votes - Silver Award
1,000 votes - Bronze Award
300 votes - Pewter Award
100 votes - Copper Award

Our Awards in 2014:

100+ votes award300+ votes award1000+ votes award

Announcements!

img

Monthly Competitions

Marpenoth ~ 7th Annual Feast of the Moon ~ Witches ~ Oct. 2014 Contest

"YOUR ART" Contest

Weekly Competitions

Calendars

img

The Fantasy Attic 2014 PINUP CALENDAR is now on sale. What a GREAT GIFT these will make.

Take a trip to LULU by clicking RIGHT HERE.

Thank you to all our artists that took part in the creation of these calendars.  

We will soon be using Cafe Press to show off your art on other items beside Calendars.

Programs!

Daz Studio Freedaz

Check out Poser too!

and the newest for the game developers

In this area  we feature our artists for a job well done. Everyone here is  great at making the judges of contests have a headache and all decorate the walls extremely well.

Very diversified in their own ways from dark to playful images in 2D, 3D and photography too.

Who will be the next to be featured...come back each week to find out

Author Topic: May 13, 2012 Meet: Katt  (Read 839 times)  Share 

Offline DarkAngel

• Queen of Confusion
  • Administrator
  • Attic Icon
  • Madness abounds so don't make me eat you.
    • Fantasies Realm
May 13, 2012 Meet: Katt
« on: May 13, 2012, 02:06:23 AM »
Katt is one of our vendors also with such beautiful character textures...check out Catia in our store. She has a busy RL life where she goes to work, has to live through mother nature demolishing her domicile or trying her best to do just that and also being our Head Global Moderator.

Is it any wonder why she sometimes is as far behind as I am...and disappears from view occasionally...we luvs her anyway.

Her room is located right here---> Hidden from bunnies

She has been with us from the beginning and then some with 200+ images and more to come I am sure. I caught up with her---and she runs fast too---as she was hanging her latest image and talked her into giving us some additional insight into Katt. Additional to the Vendor Spotlight we had earlier this year.

Before she told me to see if her image was crooked or not she had this to say:

1. Could you tell us a bit about yourself, family, pets, how long you have doing artwork?

I come from an average sized family ... 4 kids ... all girls ... my Dad is no longer with us (in 2008) and I have one sister over in Belgium with her family, but the rest of us live in or near home still.

My family has always had the normal pets, like a dog, or a cat, or fish even. I recently stepped outside the norm and got myself two little crested geckos named Elvis and George. There are pics of them on my FaceBook ... and I try to post new pics every few days when I can get a good pic or they being silly.  Since I have allergies to most pets, these guys are great. They are small, cute, quiet, not creepy skin or anything, they don't bite and they are nocturnal.

I have always been doing art in one form or another - in school it was more the paint or pencil or whatnot medium, until I got into computer art more. I started with Poser 5 and DAZ way back in 2005 and have been busy with it since. I have gone through Poser 6 and 7 and 8 and now have Poser 9 thanks to an unknown gift giver.

I do have DAZ 4 Pro, Hex 2.5, Bryce 7, Cararra 3D Express, and probably other stuff, but these are not used near as much as my fave tool - POSER! I think I saw a movie (Spirits Within, maybe?) and decided if they could do that, then I can too! Stubbornness can pay off, but it can cause the need for hair appointments to hide the grey and a good stash of coffee LOL

2. What is your favorite type of creation medium --- Poser, painting, photography, finger paints and are you self taught?

I don't really have a favorite (outside of Poser) because I do use a number of things when I am creating. Even if it is just some art, I may pop the image into Photoshop to crop it, add some postwork, or fix some poke-thru's I was not able to fix inside Poser. When I am making images for either fun or for contests, I try to do as much within Poser as possible. It is so hard to fake shadows at the best of times, really. If you have a good scene, and the right lights, you can do it all in poser. The shadows can be cast and can fall just right to create the mood or atmosphere you want. They even have fog tools, rain and light effects to use in Poser.

But if you ask anyone at PFD, there are rumors about crayons and sparkles .... but I have no idea what they are talking about! Hush now Deni and Grange!

For the most part, I am self-taught. I do try to read some forums on things, and yes I do even read the books that come with the programs when I can. There are so many great resources out there that you can learn almost anything if you look right.

3. What is your favorite food and drink?

Much to the annoyance of many who know me, I tend to live on coffee and energy drinks LOL

Seriously, I am not that fancy a person. There are many times I just munch on chips with my work schedule. Actually, snacking on chips & dip while I am typing this ... easiest snack yet. I do cook real meals once in a while, and tend to cook old home favourites like chili or roast with potatoes in my slow cooker. My own cooking is my fave, of course. I do like chili, lasagna, a good pizza and on the other extreme a nice plate of California or vegetarian sushi rolls is always good.  I find there is a lot that are just too far over the top ... so I tend to stay with the basics for the most part.

I do enjoy a well-brewed coffee, or herbal tea. But if its a late night I will grab a nice rum & coke to relax .... as long as my sister has not drank all my rum!

4. What is your favorite type of books and movies?

Favorite book or movie .... hhmmmm that's a hard one.  I tend to like a wide range again, but the key details is something that I cannot guess or predict as the outcome. Things like the move "The Others" is a prime example of this. There are some faves in this stuff too, like "What Dreams May Come" and "The Green Mile" as well as theater stuff like Phantom and Les Miserables.

Books are harder, cuz a lot of what I have read over the past number of years has been either fantasy & magic, or manuals and tech books, or spirituality books, like Mary Summer Rain, for example. Right now on my tablet, I am reading through the Poser 9 manual and a few classics when I want to change gears a bit.

5. What was the last movie you saw at home or the theater?

Well recently, I watched Real Steel starring Hugh Jackman. I think it was about robots, but there was this lead actor being very distracting LOL

I have not been to the movies since I saw AVATAR by James Cameron (I think) and that was pretty cool indeed!

6. What is your favorite color?

violet, of course. Is there really any other color?

7. What is your favorite quote?

I have come across a number of profound ones that leave you thinking, but I think my favorite is the one I use in my signature: "We are the ones we have been waiting for" ... I read that to say that once, long ago, there were stories that we (in those lives long ago) shared that told of strange futures.

Things of unknown makings, seen in visions and dreams and nightmares too, that led the old ones to fear and wonder at the same time. Stories of people who would come, and bring changes, whether they be changes for the good or not was as unknown as the people in the visions and dreams.  The old ones were waiting for the new people to arrive, to make changes, and hopefully help some of the old ways to live on, to be remembered, even if the rest of the world fell into the next world.

Well, we are those people ... we were there once, and we are back ... to mend or hurt, that is up to each of us. But our being here was seen long ago .... we are our own future and past ... we are the only ones who will answer to the questions ... the ones responsible for the future to come ...

8. If you could be any animal in the world which would it be and why?

If I can choose something not really of this earth, I would choose a Phoenix. It lives for 500 years, then destroys itself only to be reborn from its own ashes. A nice cycle of rebirth, gives one the opportunity to try to fix things that got messed up, or to make new messes LOL

9. How did you come up with your username?

Wow ... the user name .... that's an old story.

I used to use a yahoo nickname of katchinaclan, years ago (nearly 20+ years ago if memory serves me). I had to explain over and over to people what it meant - the katchinas are a race of beings from the southwest ... sort of like deities but not really. In the southwest, there are clans for groups like families or extended families. So these would be a family of spirit beings, you could say. But it got shortened to Katt after a bit, and it stuck. There are some in my life who call me that too .... and I use it everywhere online.

10. What additional tidbit would you like to tell our readers.

Keep trying new things .... don't let something you don't understand stop you.... ask questions .... break things .... learn how to make it work in the way you need it to .... be creative ..... never stop thinking & learning .... play with crayons .... sing in the shower ... let the kid inside out as often as you can!
[hs width=400 height=300]http://thefantasiesattic.net/images/interviews/katt.jpg[/hs]
Fear not,
You are never alone,
I am there to comfort and guide you...
Always.

Offline Carolann

• PSP Mistress
  • High Roller
    • The PSP Studio
Re: May 13, 2012 Meet: Katt
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 05:48:33 AM »
Hi Katt
Lovely to meet you and read all about you.
Every day is a learning day

Offline Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna shall see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 06:15:57 AM »
Interesting tidbits love the insights
"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Hello...Follow Me To Your Room
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 08:08:17 AM »
Hi Katt.....Glad your this weeks pick.....though it's odd how most of what you put up I knew already LOL.....I'm a FB follower of yours, as you know.....and yes....I've seen your Elvis and George many times.  There home is coool......

Glad your part of our Team and part of the Attic Family.....

And yes....Nice to read Some of the items I didn't know about LOL.......
We Shall Stand

Offline FrahHawk

• Thundering Hawk
  • Global Moderator
  • Working It
  • It alway begins with a dream...
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 08:49:23 AM »
Nice to meet you! Will try to visit your FB page soon.
When life gives you lemons, throw them back and demand chocolate.
:hawk:
  :keepauhandsoffa:
Smiles are contagious... Pass it on! ::): 

Offline Redmysticangel

• RMA Posers
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 08:58:21 AM »
Hiya Kat :) ....  lovely interview, I find it hard to believe we have been at this stuff since 2005!! My how the time has flown!! I have really enjoyed "knowing"you in this magical world of the www and  have never seen an image of  yours that I didn't just love!!  Keep up the great work girl, but ya really need to eat more than chips N dip or you are gonna fall off your chair one day in the middle of a creation !! LOL

Much Love
Red

Offline Katt

• Kattalystic Kattastrophe
  • Global Moderator
  • Ranking poster
  • Atticus Winged Felinus
    • Eagle Wing Creations
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 09:13:41 AM »
Wow .... I was not expecting this .... cool!

So far so good on keeping Mother Nature at bay .... the rebuilt apartment looks great!

Have I really posted that many pictures? I hope I have not been too annoying LOL  There are many more to come so grab a seat ... one rendering right now actually ...

And I do eat more than chips & dip ..... currently I am doing OJ and a bagel and granola clusters .... soon to be followed by coffee  ....

"We are the ones we've been waiting for." -- Hopi Prophecy

Buy me stuff! Buy MY stuff too! :hobes_e0:

My Rosity Store  |  My Fantasies Realm Store  |  My EWC Store  |  My Pyramid Mesa Site

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 09:19:10 AM »
:java:   There is NEVER EVER to many creations......

Have some more :java: so you can finish up your new one  :tearlaugh:
We Shall Stand

Offline Katt

• Global Moderator
  • Ranking poster
  • Atticus Winged Felinus
    • Eagle Wing Creations
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 11:54:56 AM »
..... posted .....

Now for that coffee while laundry is worked on ... and of course more time getting Phala ready for testing ....

My Rosity Store  |  My Fantasies Realm Store  |  My EWC Store  |  My Pyramid Mesa Site

Offline grange

• Garden Gnome
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 02:58:50 PM »
Ah yes! crayons and sparkles, :) all the purple ones as well

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 06:21:26 PM »
Went to the gallery and loved what I saw....though confused on all the good tape going to waste  :tearlaugh:
We Shall Stand

Offline Katt

• Global Moderator
  • Ranking poster
  • Atticus Winged Felinus
    • Eagle Wing Creations
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 08:09:52 PM »
Ppssttttt!

Tape does come off ya know ......

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 08:57:10 PM »
 :retreat!:
We Shall Stand

img