Sadie's Invite © Aelin

Your Art
Mystical Dance © ArtByCajunBeauty

Weekly winners get:

3 prizes from Sponsors Showcase and

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

Sponsor ShowcaseFRM

Donations

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Contest Information!

Monthly Competitions

Mirtul ~ The Melting ~ Beneath the Sea ~ May 2020 Contest

Details Found HERE

Album Located HERE

Tarsakh ~ The Claws of Storms ~ Pirates of the Attic ~ April 2020 Contest

Winners announced HERE

~Weekly Prizes~

SAOTW

TOTW

YOUR ART

Site Skins!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2020, 09:25:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 332532
  • Total Topics: 17237
  • Online Today: 314
  • Online Ever: 545
  • (May 12, 2020, 06:45:00 AM)
Users Online

In the Seelie Court

Giveaway of the Day

The Sitting Room Awaits You

This room is located in the ENTRANCE area of our Forums and the setting is made for sharing Gossip, tidbits of information, problems, solutions, but most of all, relaxation.

Roaming the Attic Halls can be tiresome at times because we are always dodging the Dust Bunnies or running away from Kianna (At least ONE of our admins is).  

In here you can kick up your feet, sip some coffee or your favorite beverage that you picked up at the Coffee Shoppe, or take a nap in restful glee....even try out the various vibrating furniture!

Just make sure you use coasters and please don't leave any rings on the tables.

Those were the Days my friends  © UteBigSmile

Author Topic: An insanely long overdue introduction into my madness.  (Read 949 times)

Offline Shatteredmuse

• Just In
An insanely long overdue introduction into my madness.
« on: February 22, 2020, 03:43:28 PM »
First to note....patient suffers from severe shyness forgetfulness and prefers shadow lurking to spotlight.

I probably should have done this four or so years ago when I first joined the board, but not only am I incredibly shy....I am also very distractible (not a word I know). All in all, I make plans to do something - get sidetracked by something else, and then forget the first thing I had planned to do. I am also not particularly great at talking about myself - I am not particularly great at talking in general really. Better artist than I am a conversationalist. So to keep things from being a little all over the place...I will write this is kind of a character format.

Name: Kate

Alias: K8 (my dad started this one), KittyKate

Personality: I am an incredibly shy and very awkward. I do happen to be a very sweet, loving, understanding, and loyal friend when people take the time to get to know me. I do have trust issues and because I am shy when I first meet someone...I tend to be rather guarded. I haven't had the easiest of lives to deal with...so it's made me a little cautious about letting people get close. I can be quirky, I have a wry sense of humor and tend to lean towards sarcastic in nature. I am weird, have a huge imagination, am always creating something in my head....I am introverted and spend a lot of time in my own head. I'm not good with conversations - great listener, just don't ask me to hold up a conversation. I love puzzles and I am good at solving them, I love to cook and bake, I suck at sports and not particularly a fan. I tend to lean more towards Horror, Fantasy, and Sci-Fi themed things - from books to movies - and art. I find beauty in things not traditionally considered beautiful - like times wear on buildings and objects. I love nature...it does not particularly like me (allergies). I am extremely Acrophobic, Claustrophobic, and Arachnophobic. I cannot bring myself to touch a picture of a spider, Heights in movies and games make me woozy and I start having panic attacks when I watch anything with people in small spaces....even if I'm in a large space. I have an odd fear of sharks and Volcanoes althought I've never seen either. I believe in being kind, polite, and respectful to others. I was taught to not just accept the just trust me I am the teacher answer, and to make decisions based on both the facts and my feelings.

Likes & Favorites (A quick Listing): The Colour Purple, Forests, Peaches, My Favorite movie is the dark crystal (Always has been).

Dislikes: The colours yellow & Pink, lima beans, and cheesy potatoes.

Skill Sets: I am good with puzzles and figuring out how to put things together when the instruction manual is pretty useless. I know how to use several art programs...most of which I taught myself. I am a fast learner. Oh...and I am a good listener.

Talents & Hobbies: Art (drawing, painting, and digital media), reading, creating little stories in my head, piano & singing, cooking and baking.

Other noteworthy information:

I come from a very creative family, my father is a writer, poet, and game designer. He has designed card games, board games, and tabletop RPGs - worked for TSR & GDW - more recently has his own publishing company called Popcorn Press. My mother is an artist and has a BFA, emphasis is Metals & Jewelry and Drawing & Painting. My Older sister raises maltese, exotic birds, and designs my nieces costumes for halloween every year. My younger sister Candy lives in Belgium and is a writer like our father - and my very youngest sister just graduated from film school and is working on getting into sound production for film. So I've been surrounded by creativeness for my whole life in one form or another. My mother taught me to draw and really nurtured my creative side, but it's my father who got me into graphic art.

I am the second oldest of four daughters...I have no brothers.

I am allergic to a ridiculous amount of things...molds, pollens, metals, chemicals, cigarette/cigar smoke, dust mites...as my mother likes to call me I'm her little bubble child. So I tend to go out in public looking like a scientist extra from a zombie apocalypse thriller (I wear a face mask a lot).

I am greatful for each day I have - because without my back surgery I would not be here today. I have Scoliosis and my back was collapsing - so I had a 90% spinal fusion. I metal in my back and yes I do set of metal detectors. I also over heat and freeze more easily because of them.

Even though I have several medical conditions I still live my life to the fullest and happiest I can. Not always easy and I do struggle a little...but I don't let it keep me down.

I make art for my dads little publishing company so I do have bookcover experience.

I went to college for criminal justice and law enforcement...I wanted to be a criminal profiler.

Art is not something I do...it is part of who I am. It is how I deal with the darkest times in my life, how I talk to the world, and how I bring to life the many worlds in side of my head. My life has not been easy, between my health issues and my social ineptitude...I've dealt with some very difficult times. Highschool was a nightmare and without my art (and sheer stubborness) I am not sure I'd have made it.

I live with my parents next door to my older sister and her family. (Well technically we live on her north field...we just put a nice mobile home on it).

I have a furry companion named Ember. She is a miniture pinscher. A breed of dog I have wanted since I met one in highschool almost twenty years ago. I was finally able to get one this last summer (2019) - after me and my parents lost our little chihuahua, Dobie, in july...he'd been a member of our family for 13 years. Now we have 5 dogs...my Dad's new chihuahua Buddy, my Minpin Ember, my mom's Chipoo  Tippy Taz - we also have his brother Gimli and their mother BeBe (who was originally my sisters dog and originally named Baby Butter by my sisters eldest daughter who is 4 - I just shortened it to BB or BeBe). We also share a space with Yeti, our cat. Yeti is a rescue...he is what is called a buff point Siamese or buff point short hair - so he's a white and cream color with blue eyes (no he's not deaf - thats more a persian trait). Yeti came to live with us when he was 2 weeks old. My sisters mother in law had rescued him from one of her german shepherds. His back leg was ripped open to the muscle on the underside. My brother in law and his mother tried sewing him back together...but cat skin is like butter. My brother in law brought Yeti home to my older sister because she's good with animals and would know what to do. She didn't have any super glue over at her place...but my dad did. She brought Yeti over and they glued him back together...gave him a shot of antibiotics and left him with us...that way her daughters wouldn't get attached to him. I hand fed him from two weeks until he was old enough to eat on his own. Now he is a valued member of our family and loved playing with our dogs...he's surprisingly gentle and sweet with them despite his past experience. Due to some internal damage sustained from that incident...Yeti is perminantly an indoor cat. He has some lung issues and can cause himself to weeze a bit if he gets too rambunctious. Given that I live on a farm...I also have 5 outdoor cats (Philip, Thing 1 & Thing 2, Ginny & Meep). Not one of those cats we bought...those all started out as my older sisters cats...and they just migrated over here. Philip is an orange tabby and one scrappy dude...he's also been with us the longest. Thing 1 & Thing 2 are siblings...very fuzzy black things, Ginny & Meep are siblings...bengals - one orange and one grey. Recently I've acquired Stormy...a grey cat that I have no idea where he came from or what kind of cat he is. In the summer we have Francis & Florance who hang out on our windows eating bugs (they're tree frogs). I figure if I am feeding something...even indavertantly...it gets a name.

Technically we have a horse...but she currently lives over next door. She is a Red Roan philly. She is a rescue as well...got her when she was just 2 months old. She and her mother were rescued by a horse rescue that the owner is an acquaintance of my older sister. Her mother was to far gone to save...and he rescue couldn't really take care of Elora because of her needs. My mom has wanted a horse again for a long time so we got Elora. Since she was an orphan and had not yet been weened...I had to hand feed her milk and ween her from that. We are not sure what type of horse breed she is...the rescue claims she's a quarter...but I have dealt with quarter horses before and she looks nothing like them. She looks more like a thourough bred than anything else. She lives next door right now with my sister's shire horses because she kept breaking the gate on her pen.

I think I have given you far more information than you really needed about me - but there you go...me & my life in as much of a nutshell as I could put it.
Among creatures born into chaos, a majority will imagine an order, a minority will question the order, and the rest will be pronounced insane. - R Brault.

Offline Wizzard

• Wizard of Odd
  • High Roller
  • Lurker in the dark, with a torch.
Re: An insanely long overdue introduction into my madness.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 05:09:09 PM »
A great pleasure to meet ye Shatter AKA K8. Whilst reading your intro, I kept going, "Just like me". So in light of that, I offer you my spare torch. That way you can peek in and comment on things, and not get lost.
Glad to be able to be a friend.
Cheers
Hey Don't be mean, remember.. no matter where you
go,
There you are.
Buckaroo Banzai

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 07:07:09 PM »
Very glad to meet you....and as you can tell....I love your art....you are Very Very Creative.....

And thanks for the info.  I'm sure you have a lot in common with many of us in here.

If you ever get lost....or just want to chat.   I'm here along the rest of the gang.

I can thankfully say we have great folks in here....and very talented folks at that.

Some are a wee bit strange....but aren't we all.... :iminnocent: 

We are a FUN place and we try to keep the peace diplomatically......

But for the most part...we all agree that we can disagree when need be...and do so without causing a riff....

So, if you need anything....Knock three times.  I won't come...Three is NOT my lucky number...but someone who likes Three will show up....  I suppose you can knock twice or four times....then I'd show up...those numbers are neutral. 

Darn....I'm babbling again....Just whistle....and I'll show up....if I hear you....   :iminnocent:

Anway...Glad to have you here.  Have some :havesum:
We Shall Stand

Online rrkknight3

• Sir Knight
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 07:29:01 PM »
Hi,  Shatteredmuse.  It's great to meet you. 
You'll find I'm not shy:  :dancingknight:

Thanks for such a great profile.

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Boo Yeah!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 02:09:02 AM »
Hi KittyKate!   I um, outgrew my shyness some hundred pounds ago.  Yup.   But glad to meet you!

McG. :grave: :java:

Online Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 07:10:31 AM »
 :welcome-2-asylum:
And when TL said

I'm sure you have a lot in common with many of us in here.

finally he admitted than he isn't sane at all :ifonly:

Offline thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2020, 09:06:05 AM »
LOLOL......  Nice try Aelin......My sanity only shows up once or twice in a lifetime.....or is it three times......  Wait....Three is my unlucky number....it's only twice....  :iminnocent:
We Shall Stand

Offline Fafnir

• Barmaid Wrangler
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2020, 10:41:01 AM »
welcome   Shatteredmuse good to know you if i can help you in any way  just holler  in the meantime come over to the coffee shop and join in the  fun there  glad you're here

Offline Shatteredmuse

• Just In
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2020, 05:34:01 PM »

Ooooh! Shiny! My very own torch...maybe now I'll stop tripping over things...well probably not though. I have an unfortunately tendency to trip over things regardless. As for getting lost...I think that's a hopeless cause, I've been lost for awhile now...and sometimes I get lost on purpuse - It's a great way to discover new places and things.

In any case, thank you all for the kind words and the welcome. Thanks Wizzard for the torch, a light and a friend are always appreciated especially in dark places and dark times.

TL I am glad you like my art, it's always nice to know that someone appreciates the images that randomly pop into my head and scream to be let out. My imagination has always been my salvation, when I've needed a break from the world around me...it's been there to give me a little vacation. So I am always happy to share that little escape with others. As for numbers - I like things in increments of threes and of fives...or evens - but nothing else. I also have to stop gas at an even dollar - no extra change.

From what I've seen in my lurking...and from the help I recieved from DA when my last computer got rained on (*see below) - there are definitely nice people here and I look forward to getting to know you all better. Hopefully now I can step out of my comfort shadows and be a little more involved in things.

I am also a believer that insanity and creativity are not necessarily mutually exclusive. In some ways you kind of need to be a little crazy and a bit weird for creativity. Think about it...musicians have lyrics and notes floating around in their heads all the time, writers have conversations and characters wandering about in their heads....and artists have entire worlds with populations and cultures in theirs.

*when we bought our residence there were some things that needed work...the fascia above my bedroom window was missing. The wind in this state is insane...and generally comes from the direction that my window is facing. So whenever it rained the rain would get blown into the missing space...and my window would leak. My computer sits on a table just under that window and usually I put a towel in that window...I forgot to do that once before I went to bed and woke up with water standing in my computer. So I lost pretty much everything. DA was kind enough to help me find what I needed and had lost.

Anyhoo...thanks again for the lovely welcomes and it will be a pleasure getting to know you all.
Among creatures born into chaos, a majority will imagine an order, a minority will question the order, and the rest will be pronounced insane. - R Brault.

Daz

Click image to go to Daz to read all about the program.

Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg